• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots 2.0 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

0d94bbb4c2ba7f3c58a0e959403e536c0b9c781c.png

After 4 years the wait is finally over, you can now full install the game to the HDD and collect Trophies. The Patch is 500MB and the install is about 9GB.

Just below this post is an amazing Roadmap by The One Who Knocks for the trophies.

Trophy List (from ps3trophies.org)

Epic Game Thread (Click image to open)

For more information about the game check here!
Metal Gear Solid 4 Wikia

Thanks to GoncaloCCastro for giving me a heads up.

This walkthrough is now complete and without significant error. All trophies and emblems can be obtained now by following this guide completely. The PDF will be updated by the 14th of August 2012 to include all changes and it too will be complete. Enjoy!

Another Roadmap. probably easier to use but without as much detail, is visible here:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/me...-metal-gear-solid-4-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

NOTE: "Silver Where I Can See Ya Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug." was removed. Thanks to StuBurns and Professor Beef for this information.

For the walkthrough in downloadable form it is now up to date with the completed guide located in these posts and contains additional details:

Last updated: 14/08/2012 17:00 BST

Please note that this is the final version unless any other user wishes to modify it further. The only change that may need to be added is to rotate the final picture the correct way. Other then that, everything is up to date.

Doc 2.0

PDF 2.0

This is very important, you absolutely must not rely solely on me stating the rough time at which the flashback occurs. It could occur before, it could occur after and my times are rough so press X throughout the cutscene, not just at that exact time. To be safe however, watch every cutscene and press X at all times. If you do not, you are doing so at your own risk. And please be advised that there is a few hidden flashbacks. I have included some of these within the guide but this is why you should press X throughout the cutscenes and not just when the prompt appears. All flashbacks are listed correctly in this guide.

Eight playthroughs at minimum are required for the Platinum.

Likewise, Chicken does not have to be your first playthrough. In fact, it is much easier on the second run or later as you will have the items to give to the Militia. Even if it isn't your first run though you can still make use of this guide for the trophies, iPod songs, posters and Flashbacks. If Chicken is not going to be your first run, do one of these instead:
33.) Tarantula - Get fewer than 75 alerts, over 250 kills, and fewer than 25 continues (with Assassin emblem, number 11).
34.) Centipede - Get fewer than 75 alerts, fewer than 250 kills, and over 25 continues.
35.) Spider - Get fewer than 75 alerts, over 250 kills, and over 25 continues.
36.) Jaguar - Get over 75 alert phases, fewer than 250 kills, and fewer than 25 continues.
37.) Panther - Get over 75 alerts, over 250 kills, and fewer than 25 continues.
38.) Leopard - Get over 75 alert phases, fewer than 250 kills, and over 25 continues.

And finally, before we get started If you have not finished the game already I strongly advise you to finish it once not worrying about trophies and then playing it with the intention of trophies afterwards. In fact, I implore you to do this. If you do, Big Boss Hard is a good difficulty to start at for a normal run through of the game, a balance between challenge and enjoyment.

First Playthrough; Chicken Run; Easy Mode (not required but recommended to hold more items)
For your first playthrough I am going to advise that you aim for the Chicken Emblem. This will serve two main purposes; first it will allow you to unlock a significant amount of emblems on your first playthrough of the game and secondly because it allows for enough time to fulfill numerous other trophy requirements.

On this playthrough for emblems you will hope to unlock:

40. Chicken - Your target emblem
Requirements are:
Alert Phases: Over 150
Kills: Over 500
Continues: Over 50
Total time: Over 35 hours
Healing items used: Over 50

28.) Pig - Will unlock automatically
29.) Cow - Will unlock automatically
30.) Crocodile - Will unlock automatically
31.) Giant Panda - Will unlock automatically
39.) Puma - Will unlock automatically

Kills:
9.) Bear - Grab 100 enemies with CQC.
10.) Eagle - 150 headshots
27.) Hog - Achieve a battle high ten times.

Time:
13.) Blue Bird - Give 50 items at least to allies
14.) Hawk (this should really go under kills I guess but whatever) - Receive praise 25 times from allies
16.) Ant - Body search 50 enemies
17.) Gibbon - Hold up 50 enemies
18.) Tortoise - 60 minutes in a box
19.) Rabbit - Turn 100 pages in a playboy magazine
20.) Bee - Inject fifty enemies with the syringe/plug
21.) Gekko - Hug a wall for an hour.
22.) Scarab - Roll forward at least two hundred times
23.) Frog - Roll sideways two hundred times
24.) Inch Worm - Crawl for an hour
25.) Lobster - Crouch for two hours and thirty minutes
26.) Hyena - Pick up four hundred items.

That is one playthrough for a total of twenty two emblems. They have been divided up between automatic unlocks, unlocks due to kills and unlocks via time.

To keep track of everything:
In case anyone wants it, I threw together a spreadsheet that you can copy to your own Google Docs/Drive and use.

It's for the 22 emblem run detailed in the OP.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlDCEJOPwUd0dGMzZjVaY093Slh2WFRHNkk0dFZ5MHc

For trophies you will hope to achieve the following this play through:

Act 1:
2.) Hands Up! - Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Go close to an enemy and aim at them with your gun using L1. From there, press Triangle to body search them and remove ammo. Do this to the very first enemy in the Red Zone.
5.) Hurt me more! - Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
After receiving the Metal Gear Mark 2 in Red Zone, immediately take it out and use it to electrocute an enemy outside of where you begin by holding L1 and pressing R1.
6.) Drum Can Addict - Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can
After unlocking a drum can half way through Act 1 equip it and lie down. Then roll into an enemy and this will unlock.
Liquid Sun - Clear Act 1.
Frog Soldier Doll - Escaped the Haven Troopers in the Middle East by non-lethal means, and obtained the Frog Soldier Doll.
Handle With Caution - Break off the most important part of a statue.

Act 2:
4.) Emotion Control - Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
1.) You enjoy all the killing, that’s why! - Killed many enemies in one area, and vomit
7.) That Tune Is His Mind Control Music - Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
Laughing Octopus Doll - Defeated Laughing Octopus by non-lethal means, and obtained the Laughing Octopus Doll.
Solid Sun - Cleared Act 2.

Act 3:
Raging Raven Doll - Defeated Raging Raven by non-lethal means and obtained the Raging Raven Doll.
Third Sun - Cleared Act 3
Act 4:
8.) Overhead view — just like old times… - Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
12.) Ghost Photography Addict - Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
Locations of ghosts are available here: http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Ghosts#Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots
Crying Wolf Doll - Defeated Crying Wold by non-lethal means and obtained the Crying Wolf Doll.
Twin Suns - Cleared Act 4.
Note that this is a big spoiler if you are new to the game. It is something you get at the final boss in the Act
LIQUID - Piloted Metal Gear Rex and screamed at your opponent.

Act 5:
16.) You’re pretty good - Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
Screaming Mantis Doll - Defeated Screaming Mantis by non-lethal means, and obtained the Screaming Mantis Doll.
Old Sun - Cleared Act 5.
Final Cutscene:
17.) Flashback Mania - Viewed all flashbacks.
Now with that out of the way, we can begin the game on whatever difficulty you want. I would advise Easy mode so that you can hold more items.

Start a new save, save and then immediately quit to the menu.

In the Extra menu enter the following password to unlock Subsistence Action (unlocked by playing MGO): mgo2play
In the menu enter the following password to unlock the 1911 Custom (not available otherwise): 1aytmmymhk
In the menu enter the following password to unlock the Scanning Plug (otherwise unlocked by playing MGO or buying for 10,000DP from Drebin): skynytktjp
Note that the above requires you to have already beaten the game once but I'm not sure if a pre-patch save will allow these to work on an active post-patch save. So if this is your first playthrough of the game, you won't be able to input these in the Password section (unless that was added via the patch which I doubt).

It's hugely important that you make sure you undercount, not overcount. Finishing with six hundred kills and two hundred headshots is much more useful than with four hundred kills and eighty headshots. Don't be afraid to add an extra x amount to every number to ensure that you meet each requirement. Also very important is that you consume 50 life recovery items! It is much more important that you can do this than it is to give fifty to the militia so if you have not farmed enough, choose yourself over your allies as you can get that on another playthrough quickly, Chicken you cannot get quickly.

As the nature of a walkthrough and due to needing to list flashbacks, there WILL be spoilers relative to each Act, in the details for that act. I've tried going through the game chronologically but for the cutscenes and flashbacks I have to give details related to it. If you wish, you can go for the Tarantula Emblem with Assassin on your first playthrough with Chicken you second and Big Boss your third or Tarantula with Assassin on your first playthrough with Big Boss your second and Chicken your third, it's up to you but for the purpose of this I'll be going through with Chicken first simply because it has so much emblems.

ACT 1
Ground Zero:

The first cutscene may be skipped as it contains no flashbacks. There is a ration behind Snake under the truck which you should proceed to pick up. You should then proceed under the opposite truch and trigger the check point where the militia enter. This can be skipped and after the cutscene pick up th AK-102. The next cutscene quickly triggers and this too can be skipped. Do not worry about being seen or killed. Pick up any collectable items from killed militiamen if possible and similarly there is many rations in the area if you wish to search for them. If you do, be thorough as you have no time limit. The cutscene where the Gekko drips blood on Snake does not feature any flashbacks and thus you may skip this (it does contain L1 areas but from henceforth I won't mention these as they're not required for trophies).

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

The next cutscene, the fifth in which Otacon is introduced, in this area contains four flashbacks. The first is when Snake is saluting, the second is when Otacon mentions that they should be trying another doctor, the third is when Snake enters the helicopted and the fourth is when the colonel states that they've found "him".

Red Zone NW Sector:

The Codec call contains no flashback and can be skipped. There is ammo and a Ration behind where you start off in this ara so collect them and then proced onward. Note that you can hold up, choke, kill, loot and get battle highs of the enemies here and you can also get battle highs by getting alerts from the vehicle, standing beside it and shooting one hundred bullets randomly.

DO NOT KILL THE MILITIA!

Red Zone

Go to the statue and get up. Then press triangle to censor it. Do this three more times to break off the most important part of the statue and earn "Handle with Caution". Carry on as normal by going to the goal.

I highly advise you get Ant and Gibbon out of the way immediately, despite that you will be doing this chain of actions frequently regardless. Find an enemy. After holding up an enemy proceed to search them (press triangle). After holding him up and searching him, exit the area and re-enter and repeat. You need to do this fifty times. You're now guaranteed two emblems, Ant and Gibbon.

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

This cutscene has a flashback slightly after the (Metal Gear) Mark 2 is revealed.

You should now have received the Solid Eye, the Metal Gear Mark 2, the Operator and the Mk. 2 tranquiliser pistol. Enter your menu and remove the tranquiliser from your weapon list so that you can keep the AK 102, the operator and the knife. Upon returning to gameplay. Use the Mk 2 to stun an enemy and unlock the trophy "Hurt me more!" From here, proceed through the game as normal but deal with all enemies either via lethally killing them from headshots with the operator or AK 102 or by choking them but it is important that you search them when possible and collect their items. DO NOT KILL THE MILITIA! Likewise, don't immediately head to the next area. Go among the militia and kill enemies to receive praise from them. When most enemies are dead go to the Militia Safe House and then immediately leave and go back to the Red Zone. This will reset the enemies in this area.

Give the militia rations and healing items to get "Destiny's Call - Break for the Fortress", "Love Theme (Action Version)", "Show Time" and "MPO+ Theme" but be aware that this can take multiple rations each. Find these rations by looting enemies that you kill. You need to do this 50 times to unlock the emblem "Blue Bird". Continue killing enemies with the militia until the area is mostly cleared out to receive praise from the militia and also to get headshots. Every time you kill an enemy it is essential that you run over to there body, take their weapon and loot them to increase your item pickups. Ensure that you count each time you receive praise, you need twenty five compliments. Receive compliments using your tranquiliser. http://youtu.be/HlnmPagf4nY

You can get Ant and and Gibbon here too and Bear as well if you wish. Continue entering and exitting and the area in order to reset the enemies but ensure that you do not kill Militia. Likewise ensure that you kill 150 enemies with headshots for "Eagle" and when possible try to loot their bodies and steal their weapons. After you have gotten 150 headshots, gave 50 gifts to the Militia, received 25 compliments (for "Hawk") and received the four songs you may move on: http://youtu.be/XogcpgIN-fg. Please note that to get "Blue Bird" by giving fifty items to I advise entering and exiting the area instead. Unknownhero has informed me that one of the bodies here has a guaranteed ration. This is also very helpful for Blue Bird: http://youtu.be/5Nq57vlP1FU
EDIT: Move to Downtown if they don't respawn. Eunao has informed me that after killing 50 enemies in the same location you get Liquid telling you that "You enjoy all that killing, that's why".
For Bear, I just grabbed and released the enemy 100 times. For Gibbon, I counted a hold up as any time that Snake said "Freeze!". I was actually holding up two enemies at once, so I only did this 25 times. For Bee and Ant, I just did their respective actions 50 times in a row.
This means you can use the same enemy which is very useful.

Militia Safe House
Continue as you normally would but once again do not kill the Militia. Go to each dead end before you advance to collect a Ration and and ammunition. In the room with chickens you will find Noodles. Before you come across the injured Militia there should be a room with two dead enemies in it who have a GSR and an MK. 17. After the injured Militia you can collect the song "Theme of Tara". As you continue you will come across a room to the left that contains grenades so empty the room of supplies and also get the cardboard box in an air vent on the left. After this room continue forward and go right to get RPG ammo and also to get a room with three lockers where you'll find the Middle East Militia costume but do not wear it yet. Continue to the end of the area but just before the exit there will be a Militia member with a HK21E so dispose of both members, silently, without getting seen (in case you turn them into hostiles).

Urban Ruins

Avoid buying items from Drebin in the mean time and instead keep onto as much points as you can. To the right of the starting area collect the RPG and also collect the Playboy Magazine, AK102 and the noodles in the other alleyway. Go up the stairs and collect the ammunition and then drop down into the area below after collecting the AK102 and the petrol bomb to collect a Dot Sight, an RPG and a Sleeping Gas Mine. Continue through this area until you see two members of the Militia fighting with PMCs. Allow the Militia to be killed and then you can loot their bodies and take their weapons and continue onward. At the end of the area you'll get the song "Zanzibarland Breeze" by crouching left and then jump down into the hole.

Downtown.

Now that you have regained control you have gotten the Oil Drum and your first order of business in this area is knocking down an area with it. Press triangle to fall onto your side and roll into an enemy who you come across. This will unlock the trophy "Drum Can Addict". Continue to use lethal kills throughout this area and it is highly important you constantly use health recovery items. Every time you get shot, use them. Every time you have lost psych, use a psyche recovery item. It is much better to have no continues and fifty recovery items than the other way arounds. Go into the multi-storey building in this area and on the first floor, collect the grenades. On the second floor is a sniper and another enemy. Kill them both and loot them. Then there is a sniper outside the window on the archway, so kill him too and do the same thing. Repeatedly kill enemies in this area and now you should absolutely try to get ten battle highs. Get an alert phase and shoot one hundred bullets (anywhere) while maintaining the alert. When you exit the battle high, repeat this nine more times and buy one hundred and twenty bullets from Drebin if you run out. I have a suspicion that if you die the battle cries will still count like the rest of the stats but I do not advise this simply out of caution and because you would need to reclaim everything you found in this area. I have been told that for "Bee" you can inject the same enemy fifty times in a row as opposed to new enemies but I haven't been able to verify this but it is worth a try. Buy the Scanning Plug for 10,000 (8,000 on Wednesdays) from Drebin and use it on an enemy to get "Where I Can See Ya". When you are finished, thoroughly explore this area to find any items you may have missed.
EDIT: I am certain that enemies in this area respawn. If the enemies are not respawning before now, get the trophies "Hawk" and "Eagle" and increase your kills. I am certain that the enemies here respawn even without going to a new area so get "Blue Bird", "Eagle" and "Hawk" here if you haven't gotten them earlier and you can also get "Bear and "Bee" if you wish: http://youtu.be/PqmvllHfh3Q

Advent Palace

Continue through the area and collect any item. This area is littered with traps but it doesn't matter, if you get hurt continue to use health and psyche recovery items. Collect absolutely everything. You can also disarm traps by using the Metal Gear Mark 2 and I believe they can be safely collected by crawling over them (but I'm not certain so if you get hurt/killed don't say I didn't warn you). In this area you are also safe to earn the emblem "Rabbit". Whip it out in any unoccupied area and use the correct button combination (hold L1, R1, press circle) to change the pages. You need to change the page one hundred times (count) to unlock the emblem "Rabbit". On the third floor in the kitchen area you should find the song "Level 3 Warning".

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

In this cutscene where we meet Rat Patrol Team press X about one minute into the cutscene . Then about a minute late press X to see a flashback regarding Meryl. At about three minutes thirty/forty seconds there is another flashback.

Advent Palace Frog Infestation.
You absolutely must tranquilise all of the Frogs to get there statue. Once again try to loot everybody and take as much enemy weapons as you can. Pay attention to your surroundings and collect any other items that there is still in the area. On easy mode this will not be particularly challenging and you should be able to escape pretty easily. I cannot stress how important it is that you continually use whatever life recovery or Psyche recovery items you can find. In the garage at the end you will find the statue in front of Snake, by the wall and near a car tire.

Crescent Meridian

This area is also a very good area for the Battle High emblem if you have not already achieved it but by now you should have so instead kill all enemies that exist within the area and collect their weapons. Proceed to the next area.

Millennium Park

This part, in the event that an alert phase cannot be sounded in the previous areas is perfect for battle highs at the beginning so if you still need them, do it here. If necessary you can kill the Militia, you won't be needing them again.
Go forward and kill the enemies that are ahead of you and taken the weapons from all of the dead Militia soldiers (and the PMCs that you killed). Go into the alley and afterwards into the hole to find the song "Theme of Solid Snake". After going up the stairs, through the door and down the hole will be a locker containing a modification part. You can then proceed to the end of the level after ensuring that you have not missed any items in each area, finish the act
*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*
When Liquid is seen at about 1 minute and 15 seconds there is a flashback concerning Liquid. At about 7 minutes in there is a flashback about when Naomi injects herself using the syringe.

Save the game and exit to the menu and start the Act 1 mission briefing.

Act 1 Mission Briefing.

Bump into Roy Campbell for his FaceCamo. Bump into Otacon for his FaceCamo. Bump into Sunny for Raiden Visor Down FaceCamo. Also collect the song "Inorino Uta". Finally, don't forget to collect the Battery. Also ensure that you collect the camera from the briefing. After the briefing is complete, save the game. Note that these FaceCamos may not unlock until you've finished Act 2's boss so if they don't you can come back and get them then.
Act 2 Mission Briefing.
Now you get another mission briefing! Hurray! Once again ensure that you collect the battery, the song "Boktai 2 Theme" and bump into every character (just in case). You must also pay attention to your stats, ideally write down what everything is (and on that note, I'm away currently and don't know every stat that is displayed so if anybody can complete my list that would be ideal).

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*
At about 2 minutes 30 seconds there is a flashback when Otacon talks about Meryl. There is another flashback three minutes in about Liquid, another 7 minutes and 30 seconds in about Shadow Moses, another one about the Soliton Radar and immediately after there is the final flashback about Mei Ling.

Act 2: Solid Sun Begins
Cove Valley Village
*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*
When the guinea pig is eaten there is a flashback shortly after. Around the four minute mark there is another flashback regarding Vamp.

Now press pause, it is time to reflect.

As of now you should have acquired the following emblems:

14.) Hawk (this should really go under kills I guess but whatever) - Receive praise 25 times from allies

In addition you should have the following trophies:
6.) Drum Can Addict - Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can
Handle With Care
Liquid Sun
Frog Doll.

You should have the following FaceCamo:

None
Raiden (Visor Down)
Roy Campbell
Otacon

You should have the following outfits:

Middle East Militia

You should have the following iPod music tracks:

"Backyard Blues"
"Calling to the Night"
"Destiny's Call - Break For The Fortress"
"Inorino Uta"
"Level 3 Warning"
"Love Theme (Action Version)"
"Metal Gear 20 Years History: Part 1"
"Metal Gear 20 Years History: Part 4"
"MPO+ Theme"
"Oishii Two-han Seikatsu"
"Sea Breeze"
"Show Time"
"Subsistence Action" - Via the code
"Takin' on the Shagohod"
"Test Subject Burns"
"Theme of Solid Snake"
"Who Am I Really?"
"Zanzibarland Breeze"

And you should have stats similar to this:

Time: 4 hours+ (depends on the amount of grinding, watching cutscenes and how thorough you explore)
Kills: 200/300+ (the more the better as we want this done quickly. Due to the grinding for recovery items over 300 is likely)
Alerts: 10+ (if you've less it doesn't matter, we'll get more later)
Continues: 0-5 (if you have more, great, if not it doesn't matter, we'll get these later)
Recovery Items Used: 10-30 (the more you loot, the more likely you'll have found enough to use so keep looting and keep using!)
In the briefing you can view: Total Play Time, Continues, Alert Phases, Total Kills, LIFE Recovery, Items Used, Weapon Types Acquired, CQC Uses, Headshots, Knife Kills/Knockouts, Wall Press Time, Sideways Rolls, Forward Rolls, Crawling Time, Time in Cardboard Box/Drum, Combat Highs and Weapons/Items Acquired. Use these to check if your stats are short of an emblem requirement but some emblems do require counting.
If your Stats (not Time, Alerts or Continues but instead the various other stats shown in the Briefing) mean you don't have an emblem you should have, you must either ignore it for another playthrough or find some time to do it before the end. If it's difficult to acquire like Bear, begin to worry and fulfill the requirements as soon as you can. If it's just time related and doesn't have to do with Militia you should be able to acquire it in Act 4 (which is when I do all my time related requirements).

Now, unpause the game

Cove Valley Village

As this area begins the rebels will be faced down on the ground. Roll onto the roof and then kill all of the PMCs. You want the rebels to survive as when they do so they will open a room that will contain a Twin Barrel shotgun, Muna (a psyche recovery item) and a South American Militia disguise. Thoroughly explore this area as there is a numerous amount of weapons that can be obtained here. The song "The Fury" can also be obtained from the building where Vamp emerged. When this is done you are free to proceed to the next area. Continue to loot bodies and steal weapons as this is, again, very important for both Hyena and also to get enough recovery items. It has been suggested to me that Muna, when equipped, counts as a recovery item so in theory you could constantly equip it and un equip it fifty times but I have not been able to verify this so do it if you wish to try it but keep into account that it may not work. When you are ready, move on.

Power Station

If you haven't yet given the recovery items, you have to do it very soon and you have to acquire them quickly (or else you'll need to do it on a subsequent run when getting one of the last emblems).
Immediately run straight to the objective by meeting up with Drebin. This will prevent the area from becoming friendly (something you absolutely do not want) which will allow you to farm "Bear" and "Bee".If this area is too inefficient for you and you don't want to have to keep dying, do it in Confinement Facility.

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

When looking at the photographs you can get a flashback. When you can view the photographs in first person, there is flashbacks as he mentions the Beauty and the Beast members. At around seven minutes there is another flashback.

From here, turn around and begin grinding for Bear and Bee. Hold up enemies, search them (for rations ideally), CQC them, inject them with the Scanning Plug and then choke them to until they die. Repeat this with every enemy in the area. If you get seen it does not matter, simply run up to the enemies, CQC them, inject them and choke them. Once again you must count the amount of kills and injections (but they should be the same) to ensure that you reach enough of them. After you do this, RyanadoDaVinci suggests going back to Cove Valley Village. Here, you can keep exitting and entering the area to get the enmies to respawn. There is six enemies here that are perfect for Bear, Bee, Ant and Gibbon.
Ok, here we go. There's also 6 guys here, not 5.

Red dots: Guards
Red lines: Patrol routes
Blue line: Snake's route from re-entry
Blue dots: Roughly where you should be we Holding up etc.

OErNM.jpg

If you get the 1st guard fast enough the 2nd guy (to the north) will be facing away from you as you approach. Sometimes the 4th will spot you as you run to #3 and go to investigate (no alert) so just tranq him, but it happens very rarely.

You can't grab the #3 guy until after he makes a little stop in his patrol (where the dot is) because the terrain is too uneven, I'm guessing -- but you'll hardly run into that as the full CQC kills on the two before will take up enough time for that.

Now, something else is hugely important in this area. You MUST go in the hole in the wall to the left (NOT THE RIGHT PATH!). You must do this! In this area you should buy an emotion magazine, set one down and lure an enemy to it. Now you have unlocked the trophy "Emotion Control" Anyway, with that out of the way continue along the left of this area where you can collect the XM8 and the Javelin (an excellent anti-vehicle weapon). Continue along the right and go up the high path. Eventually you will be led to a PMC compound where you will find the VSS. The reason this is so important is that the VSS is only available here and it is a very difficult to find weapon. As a result if you do not already know about it you can spend a lot of time with 68 (excluding the M1911A1 Custom) wondering what you are missing.

A video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kQekwU8bp0 (this is not mine) does a much better job of explaining it than I can while also showing the area.

After this area, return to the Power Station and take the turn right.

Confinement Facility

Here there is many things to collect. First of all the main thing that you must acquire is "Rock Me Baby" (it is very important you collect this song here) and "Metal Gear 20 Years History: Part Three". In addition to this you can give the rebels recovery items here (if you still have not given them fifty). In the PMC compound in addition to the latter song (the former is on an island in the beginning, down the hill) you can collect Chaff Grenades and it is very important that you do so. The significance of Chaff Grenades is that they make Act 4 on the Big Boss Emblem run through a very easy task and as a result they should not be used under any circumstances for this playthrough. When you've explored the area, killed enough enemies (I believe the enemies respawn in this section so you should have a lot to loot) and gotten enough items, move on. Once again, do not forget to use recovery items.
Note: Use this area to get Hawk, Eagle and Bluebird if you don't already have them. The enemies respawn indefinitely so kill two hundred of them (three hundred if you only had 200 kills from Act 1, you need to get 500 kills by the end of this act and you should do it here). Do not stop until you've reached five hundred kills. You'll get a *FLASHBACK* and a trophy "You enjoy all that killing, that's why!" and simultaneously you'll unlock the "Crocodile" emblem. Easy to get DP too. Demonstration of infinite respawns, Drebing Point and emblem farming (long) available here, with Flashback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=benF5US9ldU&feature=plcp

Vista Mansion

The final appearance of the Militia and your final chance to give 50 recovery items to the Militia members. If you haven't done it by now you'll need to wait for a future playthrough which isn't too much of a problem as by then you should have so much you can fiish it in the first act for definite without farming. Regardless, you have one trophy, one emblem and one song to get in this location. Work your way up the hill and enter the compound. Don't forget to continue to kill every enemy you meet at all times and loot them (looting and weapon stealing is very important as it ensures your kills are roughly equal to your items obtained so you know, for example that 600 kills means you'll have about 500 items [with relaxed looting] or 700 [with eccentric and obsessive exploration and searching]). When you breach the compound you can follow the wall to the right. By doing this you will come across the song "Sailor" and you can breach the mansion.

*POSTER* In Vista Mansion as you go towards the staircase there is two pictures. Shoot the large one to reveal a poster
*POSTER*
At the second floor in Vista Mansion go ly dow, on the bed and look up at the ceiling in first person and you will see the poster of Akina.

Search all rooms and continue to kill and loot all enemies until you reach the roof. DO NOT move onwards after you reach the turret. Stay on the turret (do not get off it) and kill all enemies below. They respawn indefinitely (until the Militia take over the mansion!) so kill two hundred of them (three hundred if you only had 200 kills from Act 1, you need to get 500 kills by the end of this act and you should do it here). Do not get off the turret until you've reached five hundred kills. Once you get off the turret, you'll get a *FLASHBACK* and a trophy "You enjoy all that killing, that's why!" and simultaneously you'll unlock the "Crocodile" emblem. If the enemies stop coming StuBurns rightly brought up that you can kill the Militia for this purpose and that he confirmed that you don't get alerts for using the turret. Now you are able to move on and jump down the sun roof. Here, sit in an oil drum for an hour before going up the ladder to unlock "Tortoise". Move up the ladder to the next area.

Research Lab

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*
At around two minutes and forty-five seconds there is a flashback.

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

As the conversation still continues at 2 minutes keep pressing X for a flashback. and at around 7 minutes in there is another.

Laughing Octopus Boss Fight

Tranquilise Laughing Octopus. This is very important as it allows you to get the statue from the boss and thus you can achieve the solar gun. The Beauty and the Beast squad (in both forms) are the four/eight enemies in the game that you should, under all circumstances tranquilise to get the FaceCamo and statues (and thus the Solar Gun if you have the Frog statue from Act 1). As such with Laughing Octopus you should tranquilise her as you would the others and such a thing is not difficult to do.

Laughing Beauty Boss Fight

As this boss fight begins you should immediately collect the statue on the bed (assuming you did actually tranquilise the Beast form). Following this you must stall for three to five minutes. Upon doing this you will then be teleported to the "White World". At this time you should then use your iPod and put on the track "Oishii Two-han Seikatsu". This will make the Laughing Beauty begin dancing, at which point you will unlock the trophy "That Tune Is His Mind Control Music". From here, assuming you got the Digital Camera from the Briefings you are able to start a photoshoot with the Laughing Beauty if you wish. This is not required but something to be done only if you wish. What is required though is that you tranquilise the Beauty before the time runs out as if you fail to do so she will automatically die and thus you will lose out on the FaceCamo.

Mountain Trail
*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

As Snake investiages Naomi's footprints there is a flashback where you get to view her feet.

I'm sorry, but I hate these sections. I strongly advise you still explore the area to its fullest and, in addition to this that you kill the enemies and take all of their items and weapons. The only significant thing that must be obtained in this entire area, to my knowledge at least, is the *FLASHBACK* at the crop circle (hich will also unlock the trophy "Crop Circle") before you cross the river and also the Hand Camoflauge after crossing over the river (which itself is not required for a trophy (that is currently revealed anyway). Regardless, there is plenty of items that are hidden around this area (but no hugely important items, weapons is a possibility but again I don't think there is weapons unique to this area only).

Escape

You can kill all of the zombies that approach the vehicle and block your path, the jetpackers, the Gekkos, everyone and everything. All you need to do is get to the end of the area. As per usual, use healing items continuously.

Marketplace
*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

There is a flashback in the cutscene where Drebin enters the city at around one minute into the cutscene and a second around four minutes in when Ninja Raiden shows his robotic face in the game.

DO NOT USE CHAFF GRENADES! Don't. Honestly. Do not use Chaff Grenades. Do I have to repeat this? Yes I do, don't use Chaff Grenades in the market despite how much they may be of benefit in this area (and are suggested by many people). The Marketplace contains a song "Bon Dance". This is only acquired after you get the Gekkos to destroy the stalls so you may take damage. In addition to this when the Gekkos destroy the stalls you will get recovery items so take advantage of this and collect as much as possible. In addition to this two Chaff Grenades can be found in this area which, as I've stated already, are of a huge importance because they cannot be bought from Drebin and as such are essential for Act 4 on your Big Boss Emblem run. After the those items are acquired (don't forget to use Healing Items!) you can move onto the next area to finish the Act.

Act 3 Mission Briefing
*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

Three minutes thirty seconds in when Naomi is with Sunny there is a flashback so continue pressing X to view it. At ten minutes in there is another so once again continue to press X slightly before and after this time. When Raiden is being looked at around a minute later there is another flashback and at 17 minutes in when Otacon and Naomi are looking at the photograph of Emma Emerich there is another flashback.

Don't forget to note down each statistic that is shown at this screen. and don't forget to use the Metal Gear Mark 2 to electrocute Raiden and bump into Naomi for Raiden (Visor Up) FaceCamo and likewise collect the battery, the song "Shin Bokura no Taiyou Theme", bump into everybody and explore the area.

Act 3
Midtown S Sector

Press pause, it is time to reflect.

9.) Bear - 100 enemies killed in chokeholds
26.) Hyena - Pick up four hundred items (hopefully you have it by now)
27.) Hog - Achieve a battle high ten times
30.) Crocodile - Will unlock automatically

1.) You enjoy all the killing, that’s why! - Killed many enemies in one area, and vomit.
4.) Emotion Control - Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
6.) Drum Can Addict - Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can .
7.) That Tune Is His Mind Control Music - Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps Dance.
Handle With Care
Crop Circle (thanks StuBurns)
Frog Doll
Laughing Octopus Doll
Liquid Sun
Solid Sun

None
FaceCamo
Young Snake
Young Snake w/ Bandana
Laughing Beauty
Raiden (Visor Up)
Raiden (Visor Down)
Roy Campbell
Otacon
Laughing Octopus.

Middle East Militia
South American Militia
Civilian Clothes

"Backyard Blues"
"Boktai 2 Theme"
"Bon Dance"
"Calling to the Night"
"Inorino Uta"
"Level 3 Warning"
"Metal Gear 20 Years History: Part 3"
"MPO+ Theme"
"Rock Me Baby"
"Sailor"
"Sea Breeze"
"Shin Bokura no Taiyou Theme"
"Show Time"
"Subsistence Action" - Via the code.
"Takin' on the Shagohod"
"Test Subject Burns"
"The Fury"
"Theme of Solid Snake"
"Theme of Tara"
"Who Am I Really?"
"Zanzibarland Breeze"

Time: 6 hours+ (depends on the amount of grinding, watching cutscenes and how thorough you explore)
Kills: 500+ (minimum. If you don't have this much now prepare to grind later, and by later I mean the start of Act 5. If you've been following this roadmap this shouldn't happen)
Alerts: 10+ (if you've less it doesn't matter, we'll get more later)
Continues: 0-5 (if you have more, great, if not it doesn't matter, we'll get these later)
Recovery Items Used: 30 - 50 (the more you loot, the more likely you'll have found enough to use so keep looting and keep using! By now I would really hope you have forty at least, simply to get it out of the way)

Now, unpause the game

Midtown S Sector

Remember the Tranquiliser Pistol I told you not to use? Equip it (either that or the lethal pistol that has a built in supressor). Remember going for Alerts? Don't do that here. Keep the Civilian Clothes equipped and put on Otacon's face. Now you can explore this area without any hostiles (unless you do something suspicious). One important thing that has to be done is that you need to hold up and search the Resistance member for the song "Bio Hazard" and in addition if you wish to save 3500 Drebin Points you need to get him to draw his weapon and knock him out to take it.
Note: I am quite sure you must spook the Resistance Member to get him to bring you to the bridge and thus you'll spend forty minutes in this area, sorry.

Because I am not sure how to approach this and don't know if the short route skips any items I will simply use a list format.
*POSTER* In Midtown S Sector. Follow the Resistance member until you reach the park. Go right and follow the walls of the park until you reach the North-East part of it. Then you will see the poster behind a series of columns to the right.
*POSTER* In Midtown Central Sector near the bridge. You need to climb the stairs to get up the bridge. The poster will be at one end of the bridge.
Now you'll unlock the trophy"Are you an Otaku too?"

Songs in these areas include
"Bio Hazard" - Hold up the Resistance Member and search him (don't know if this works when he is disguised, at which point the short cut is already taken. If it does, do it then. Somebody will have to clarify this so if anybody has a spare save at this location please confirm).
"On Alert" - Midtown N Sector
"One Night in Neo Kobe City" - Hold up the enemy soldier outside the park on the right side. Tranq'ing both soldiers, letting the Resistance member pass, waking him up, holding the correct soldier up, searching him and putting him back to sleep is advised as you should be able to catch up with the Resistance Member (don't forget that with your guns unequiped and the correct outfit and FaceCamo on he won't run away scared or draw his weapon if he catches you. Instead he, and enemies, will simply inspect you and allow you to run away afterwards without a problem).
"Test Subject's Duality" - Midtown S Sector

After Sneaking you enter the Church
*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

After talking about Liquid's plan while you are being surrounded at around nine minutes thirty seconds you get a Big Mama flashback and when Big Mama mentions war being a game, trained by first person games there is a flashback to 2007!

Bike Chase
Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Use recovery items. Get the idea? Getting fifty by the end of this chapter takes a lot of pressure off you. Hyena Emblem unlocked. If you didn't kill enough enemies, somehow, kill them now, preferably with headshots.
*FLASHBACK CUTSCENE*

In the cutscene where Big Mama crashes and gets
impaled/injured
there is a cutscene after one minute. There is another close to three minutes about Big Mama and Snake.

Echo's Beacon
Boss Fight: Raging Raven

Tranquilise Raven using the Mosin Nagant (if you have it) and Tranquiliser Pistol (this does low damage though). There is a song in this area called "The Essence of Vince" so explore the area before tranquilising Raven and get it. After Raven is tranquilised, the Beauty fight begins
Boss Fight: Raging Beauty

You must collect the statue at the top floor immediately. After this you can visit the White World again via the same method if you want but this is unneccessary. Tranquilise her for her FaceCamo and prepare to be slaughtered by the approaching cutscenes (which could triple the playtime of this act).

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

In the cutscene in which Snake returns to Big Mama and goes through the sewers there is a flashback close to the two minute mark.

That's the only flashback in this section! Hurray for Hideo's mercy

dc89

My game should be patched and ready to go now! I'm going to start my play through later. Not played it since completing the game just after launch.

Act 4 Mission Briefing
*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

There is a flashback at four minutes thirty seconds and another at 8 minutes regarding the Metal Gear.

Collect the battery in the mission briefing, the song "Lunar Knights Main Theme" and bump into and electrocute everybody to pass the time. As usual, write down your stats.

*FLASHBACK*

Infiltrate Shadow Moses. Go along the righthand side, to the snow, pass the camera and up the stairs and into the vent.
Act 4
Snowfield

Press pause, it is time to reflect.

26.) Hyena - Pick up four hundred items (hopefully you have it by now)
27.) Hog - Achieve a battle high ten times
28.) Pig - Will unlock automatically (By now you should hopefully have used over 40 healing items, if not the 50 required), 40+ Healing Items
30.) Crocodile - Will unlock automatically, 400+ (500+ I believe but somebody told me it was 400 so it doesn't matter) kills

1.) You enjoy all the killing, that’s why! - Killed many enemies in one area, and vomit.
7.) That Tune Is His Mind Control Music - Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps Dance.
11.) Where I Can See Ya - Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
Handle with Care
Liquid Sun
Solid Sun
Twin Suns
Frog Doll
Laughing Octopus Doll
Raging Raven Doll

None
FaceCamo
MGS1 Snake
Young Snake
Young Snake w/ Bandana
Laughing Beauty
Raiden (Visor Up)
Raiden (Visor Down)
Roy Campbell
Otacon
Laughing Beauty
Raging Beauty

Middle East Militia
South American Militia
Civilian Clothes

"Backyard Blues"
"Bio Hazard"
"Boktai 2 Theme"
"Bon Dance"
"Calling to the Night"
"Inorino Uta"
"Level 3 Warning"
"Lunar Knights Main Theme"
"MPO+ Theme"
"On Alert"
"One Night in Neo Kobe City"
"Rock Me Baby"
"Sailor"
"Sea Breeze"
"Show Time"
"Takin' on the Shagohod"
"Test Subject Burns"
"Test Subject's Duality"
"The Essence of Vince"
"The Fury"
"Theme of Solid Snake"
"Theme of Tara"
"Who Am I Really?"
"Zanzibarland Breeze"

Time: 7 hours+ (depends on the amount of grinding, watching cutscenes and how thorough you explore)
Kills: 500+
Alerts: 10+ (if you've less it doesn't matter, as this act is used to get Alerts)
Recovery Items Used: 30 - 50 (the more you loot, the more likely you'll have found enough to use so keep looting and keep using! By now I would really hope you have forty at least, simply to get it out of the way)
In the briefing you can view: Total Play Time, Continues, Alert Phases, Total Kills, LIFE Recovery Items Used, Weapon Types Acquired, CQC Uses, Headshots, Knife Kills/Knockouts, Wall Press Time, Sideways Rolls, Forward Rolls, Crawling Time, Time in Cardboard Box/Drum, Combat Highs and Weapons/Items Acquired. Use these to check if your stats are short of an emblem requirement but some emblems do require counting.
If your Stats (not Time, Alerts or Continues but instead the various other stats shown in the Briefing) mean you don't have an emblem you should have, you must either ignore it for another playthrough or find some time to do it before the end. If it's difficult to acquire like Bear, begin to worry and fulfill the requirements as soon as you can. If it's just time related and doesn't have to do with Militia you should be able to acquire it in Act 4 (now).

Now you can unpause the game.

Snowfield

Make your way to the heliport.

Helipad

The list of ghosts is a long one so please keep on referring to the top of the post to view the locations. Some are located at the Helipad. For now it doesn't matter. Here you are going to unlock all the remaining time emblems and Giant Panda on the big H in the helipad but first go to the camera on the exterior of Shadow Moses (you have to do this quickly, while The Best is Yet To Come is still playing!). A short cutscene will appear

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

Continuously press X and you should immediately get a flashback of the camera in MGS1.

Next go to the elevator in the Helipad.

*FLASHBACK*

A flashback to MGS1 when Snake arrived to the top of the elevator.

Next you need to go into the middle of the big H.

*FLASHBACK*

A flashback to when Mei Ling was introduced to "the legendary Solid Snake!?".

After triggering the flashbacks you need to go to the centre of the Helipad (the middle of the "H") which will give you enough room to finish off the emblems

First do this:
23.) Frog - Roll sideways two hundred times. Go ly dow, on the big H. Then what you must do is aim your gun. Next, tilt the analogue to the left or right and press X. Do NOT hold X, that will only count as one. When Snake comes to a stop, do it again, and again and again etc. You'll have to count and because you need so much I strongly advise you do closer to two hundred and twenty to be absolutely certain. Demonstration of rolls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGHQXW7iXVw&feature=plcp
Secondly do this:
22.) Scarab
- Roll forward at least one hundred times. Roll forward 200 times to be certain. It has been reported that the requirements for this and Frog were accidentally swapped so do this 200 times to be certain.
Third do this:
24.) Inch Worm
- Crawl for an hour; Use a rubberband to make Snake continually crawl forward. Find a wall that won't force him to stand up. Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBcGxb5EnU&feature=youtu.be
Fourth do this:
21.) Gekko
- Hug a wall for an hour; Choose a wall you like here and leave the console on.
Finally do this:
25.) Lobster
- Crouch for two hours and thirty minutes; You don't have to move, just crouch so leave the console on.
Finally the big one:
31.) Giant Panda
- Will unlock automatically; 35+ hours. Leave your console on.

With all that done you have a big list of ghosts to choose from. Any seven to ten ghost locations (to see if it work without The Sorrow Doll). First, go back to the elevator and take a picture of the elevator that leads to the docks (it's blocked by wired fence) at the bottom at the south west side of the map (where you started in the MGS1 flashback). This is one ghost. In the top left of the helipad there should be another ghost so take a picture there too. Two ghosts. The room with Stun Grenades on the very left hand side of the Helipad should have another ghost so take a picture. Three Ghosts. Go back out to the helipad and take another picture at the centre for another ghost. Four Ghosts. Return to the broken camera and take a picture that includes where it fell from and the camera itself for another ghost. Five Ghosts. Then above the vent into the Tank Hanger (not the one up the flight of stairs, the one that was guarded by a sleeping Genome Soldier in MGS1) take another picture of another ghost. Six Ghosts. Finally go into this vent and take a picture of the metal before the right turn for your final ghost. Seven Ghosts. In this vent there should be another flashback.

*FLASHBACK*

Master Miller is introduced in this flashback

Now, if all went according to plan, after five ghosts you should hopefully obtain "Ghost Photography Addict"

There is simply too many potential options for me to include every potential ghost so please just pay attention to the list of ghosts above and pick the ones you want, assuming you don't want to follow mine. If possible I advise taking a few photographs of the same spot, going to a new area, then exitting the area (to go back to where you were), saving and quitting in order to check if the ghost appears in the photo and thus to ensure you got its picture. Exit the vent and crawl under the truck to get the SOCOM. Equip it and aim the gun

*FLASHBACK*

Just like old times...

Move your camera overhead so that it is pointing at the ground and walk around for a minute

*FLASHBACK*
and trophy
"Overhead view - just like old times. Now we're talking."
Now go up the stairs and in this vent instead to enter the Tank Hangar.

Tank Hangar

Here you can collect the song "Warhead Storage" in the upper vent. Also in the upper vent, shoot a loud gun (before you drop down) which should trigger an alert which will quickly end (provided you're not getting seen. Repeat this until you get every alert needed. If an alert isn't triggering it can still be done in this area. Search the area for any other items and proceed to the Cargo Door.

*FLASHBACK*

Snake calls Meryl, regarding another intruder I believe.

When this is done, get alerted by the Scarabs and head out to the Canyon to remove the Alert quickly. When the Alert is gone, go back in and get an Alert. If you still don't have Battle Highs, this is an absolutely excellent spot to get them. Repeat this until you have 150 Alerts. At this stage you have the Emblem "Cow" and you only have one more task to do, getting over 50 continues (which you will not do here). If you want you can farm Drebin Points and take the Scarabs' weapon too. Don't use Chaff Grenades and if you don't have enough Recovery Items used continue to do so. I also have to avoid dying if possible.

Canyon

There is a flashback here.

*FLASHBACK*

Deepthroat contacts snake

The only thing of extreme significance in this area is the song "Flowing Destiny". Kill the frozen Gekkos using whatever weapon is must effective and take the items they are guarding. You may need to refill your ammo from Drebin.

Nuclear Warhead Storage Building
Go to the floor B2 to get to Otacon's office. On this floor is the song "Metal Gear 20 Years History: Part Two" so get this by going through the offices instead of the main hallway, collecting items as you go. As you go down the corridor to Otacon's old office you'll get a flashback.

*FLASHBACK*

Grey Fox kills the Genome Soldiers.

*VERY IMPORTANT*

When Otacon asks for the code do not give him the correct one, instead give him one of the following:
"14893" for 100,000 Drebin Points
"78925" for the song "Opening - Old LA 2040"
"13462" for the song "Policenauts Ending"

Which one you should give depends entirely on how much Drebin Points you have. I advise getting the Drebin Points now, in the next two playthroughs get the songs and then after that continue to get Drebin Points. The reason for this is that in your first playthrough, now, you'll need the Drebin Points. The next playthrough, your Big Boss Emblem run, you won't be buying much if any items as tranquiliser bullets cannot be bought then. Then for your third playthrough, Big Boss Emblem grants you a significant amount of Drebin Points. so it won't be needed then and after that you'll have both songs and should get the Drebin Points anyway.

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

In Otacon's office while entering the security code there is a flashback regarding Otacon at 3 minutes and thirty seconds, one more at 5 minutes and another at 6 minutes thirty seconds and then another at 6 minutes forty-five seconds.

Collect everything in the office and as you approach the locker you'll get another flashback.

*FLASHBACK*

Grey Fox reveals himself and shows that he is like a character from a Japanese Anime.

Proceed down the hallway and ignore the Gekko. If you get seen it doesn't matter, you don't have to kill it but it's very easy to sneak past using the offices. When it turns around and isn't facing the elevator run to the other side, press the elevator button twice and go in the elevator and return to the door. The Metal Gear Mark 3 will open the door and you should destroy the Gekko as opposed to waiting (unless you want to wait of course). Once Otacon returns power to the building return to the Tank Hangar and collect the song "Beyond the Bounds" and go back to the Nuclear Storage Building.

Snowfield

Go into the storage and take the items but do not jump down yet! If you want, you can go back to the heliport and collect the Chaff Grenades which will have respawned. If you want to try do this again to collect a large amount of Chaff Grenades you can. With 10+ you'll be set for almost all of Act 4 with the Big Boss emblem and more then ten means you can use them on this playthrough if you want. If you want to get 40+ and are not doing Big Boss Emblem next you'll be able to use Chaff Grenades when you desire on almost all playthroughs with little reprecussion. This is how to do it if you're having difficulty: http://youtu.be/PrXBMb1EGoU Regardless of how much much you collect it's time to fight the boss

Boss Fight: Crying Wolf

Tranquilise Sniper Wolf. This is the same technique you'll use for Big Boss Extreme so pay attention: Hide under the truck. That's it. From here it's just a matter of time before she goes into your line of sight and you can shoot her with the Tranquiliser Pistol (if you have good aim) or the Mosin Nagant (if you bought it). Now, for Big Boss emblem, you should absolutely stay here. Do not go out because the Frog Soldiers are far too plentiful. For this playthrough though, if you want you can run out, killing Frogs and using the tranquiliser on Wolf but do not kill her, you must tranquilise her.

Boss Fight: Crying Beauty

Collect the statue from right behind where you spawn. Tranquilise her and finish the boss fight.

*FLASHBACK CUTSCENE*

As the wolf grieves over Crying Wolf's death there is a flashback to Sniper Wolf's death at about 20 seconds in.

This area contains a large amount of flashbacks however so don't move on yet. Go in the trench that goes to the Communication Tower to a flashback
*FLASHBACK*
Meryl after she's been shot in the stomach.

Next go to the top of the Communication Tower
*FLASHBACK*
Liquid Snake trying to kill Solid Snake in a Hind D.

Next go to the Communication Tower that is near the exit
*FLASHBACK*
Otacon is not happy about Sniper Wolf being murdered

Next go to the Hind D that is in the Snowfield.
*FLASHBACK*
"See you in hell!"

Now you can go to the exit but in the final room before Otacon tells Snake to change the disks the is the song "The Best is Yet to Come" and you can move onto the Blast Furnace.

Blast Furnace.

Here to the end of the game is very straight forward so I'm not going into significant detail. From here onwards just ensure you search every area.

*FLASHBACK*

After going down the elevator there is multiple flashbacks that you must obtain.

Casting Facility

There is the Metal Gear Solid 2 boss theme called "Yell Dead Cell" near the exit. When you're in the tunnel with a hole in the floor near where you enter the area and you need to go across a bridge to get to Metal Gear Rex's storage facility there is a flashback if you go back to the cargo door (from where you enter, go right to the cargo door instead of left to Rex's base).

Rex's Base.
*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

In the cutscene where Vamp and Naomi reveal themselves and where Snake looks around there is a flashback of Metal Gear Rex around twenty seconds into this cutscene.

Vamp Boss Fight.

Use the Syringe on him. There isn't any other strategy that isn't quite obvious. I mean, avoid getting hit and shoot him. There isn't much more to it.

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

In the scene when Raiden kills Vamp and Naomi dies there is a flashback about eight minutes into the cutscene.

Rex vs. Ray

Press Triangle to earn the trophy "LIQUID!"
Destroy Metal Gear Ray. You can shoot down the missiles using the Machine Gun. Use your missiles to do a significant amount of damage. In addition to this using 'CQC' to fight him is very effective on the Big Boss emblem playthrough if you can hit the Triangle prompts quick enough. In many instances these will do far more damage than your weapons. It is strongly advisable to use your Missiles until they are empty and then switch to the Machine Gun. You can risk using the laser but while it charges you are vulnerable. If you want you can use it and a fully charged shot will be very damaging but I prefer to avoid it and stick with the Machine Guns and Missiles solely out of safety. Likewise you can destroy the buildings if you are very good at dodging and want to find him easily but this means he can attack you at almost all times.

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*
In the final cutcene, you must constantly press X as there is hidden flashbacks. This is highly important.

Save at the end of this Act and go to Act 2 Mission Briefing. Skip the first two cutscenes and take note of all your stats.

Time: 35 hours+ (depends on the amount of grinding, watching cutscenes and how thorough you explore)
Kills: 500+
Alerts: 150+
Continues: 0+
Recovery Items Used: 50 (If you don't have 50 you need to get 50 urgently!)
Weapon Types Acquired: X
CQC Uses: 100+
Headshots: 150+
Knife Kills/Knockouts: x
Wall Press Time: 1 hour+
Sideways Rolls: 200+
Forward Rolls: 100+
Crawling Time: 1 hour
Time in Cardboard Box/Drum: 1 hour
Battle Highs: 10
Weapons/Items Acquired: X
If anything is different to the above, it must be fixed IMMEDIATELY!

Now you can unpause the game.

If you're missing alerts what you can do is get an alert, die, continue and repeat that pattern. Doing this will allow you to increase Continues as well but don't forget that you'll need to recollect items. Anyway, continue through the level until the Outer Haven Command Centre but before you fight Screaming Mantis. Llook for Meryl's unconscious body. Taken out a gun and shoot her in the head. One continue achieved. Now do it again, and again, and again and so on. Do this until you have gotten fifty continues! Congratulations! You've now unlocked "Chicken" an "Puma" and as a result have gotten (if following the guide) all twenty two possible emblems for this run. But we're not done yet, we still have two trophies to achieve.
*FLASHBACK CUTSCENE*
In the scene where Mantis is controlling Meryl and then Johnny arrives there is a flashback about two minutes in.

Outer Haven Command Centre
Screaming Mantis Boss fight

Inject yourself with the Syringe. You can neutralise the Frogs by using the Syringe or Mk. 22 on them (if you don't want to kill them).Shoot off The Sorrow Doll first and collect it and afterwards shoot of the Mantis Doll. You may use any weapon to do this but be warned, in a Big Boss Emblem playthrough if you use a killing weapon you may accidentally kill a Frog. It is highly advisable though that you simply use the M4, since it's automatic and you start with it. In addition, the best way to neutralise Screaming Mantis from attacking is to shoot the dolls. In a Big Boss Emblem playthrough you don't have to shoot The Sorrow Doll since you'll already had it and thus you can reduce your exposure to damage. To finish the fight, use the Mantis Doll to "kill" Screaming Mantis

Screaming Beauty

Get the Statue from where you entered the room intially and tranquilise Sleeping Beauty for her FaceCamo. You now have all of the statues and will get the Solar Gun.

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

After you finish Screaming Beauty there is a flashback to a memory card after 2 minutes, another to the SixAxis at around 2 minutes 55 seconds and another at 3 minutes in. There is also another at 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

*CUTSCENE FLASHBACK*

When Meryl and Johnny are fighting the Haven Troops there is a flashback after 2 minutes, another at 3 minutes in and another at 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

Installing now, though I probably won't get around to it until tomorrow, I never play games simultaneously. Hype through the roof, I needed and excuse to replay this.

Scarab Room
In the room with Scarabs you can either throw a Chaff Grenade (if you resetted them enough to get a significant number), you can run past, or preferably you can start shooting at them and destroy as much a possible (explosives are good for this). One thing you must do however, no matter what, is to buy 50 Tranquilisers with every gun, 20 Stun Grenades, 50 V-Rings, and stun grenades for all of the grenade launchers. Also buy 20 Smoke Grenades. Buy whatever guns you want and the "M82A2 Anti-material sniper rifle" is an absolute must. Whatever you do, get this. With any remaining Drebin Points buy any weapons you feel will be useful but don't just squander the Drebin Points because you can, you'll have plenty of time to do that in future playthroughs. Also, save here and at any additional save locations.

Liquid Ocelot
Boss Fight

Well here it is, the final, amazingly nostalgic boss fight in the game. On Easy, Liquid is easy. On your Big Boss Emblem run, this is an incredibly difficult boss fight at times. This is pretty much down to you but the one thing that makes it much easier is that by repeatedly pressing Triangle while Liquid taunts you will regain life. On Extreme where you lose a huge amount of life every hit, this is vital. Anyway, the final trophy to get in the game (not cutscenes which is where you will get the Flashback Mania trophy) is (16.) "You’re pretty good". Here, you must get Ocelot to the third stage of the fight where you must get Ocelot to put you in a headlock. Don't press anything or resist and Ocelot will show a proud display of brotherly love and kiss Snake and you'll unlock the silver trophy "You’re pretty good".

Now let the onslaught of cutscenes begin!

EPILOGUE
*FLASHBACK CUTSCENE*

You may skip the first cutscene (Meryl and Johnny get married) the second (Raiden and Rose have a son), the one where Snake
kills himself
but NOT the one where Drebin explains his backstory as after 1 minute 50 seconds there is a flashback.

After Credits Debriefing

*FLASHBACK CUTSCENE*
I hereby revoke Kojima being merciful. After 6 minutes there is a flashback. There is another at 11 minutes 30 seconds. One more at 14 minutes in. Another at 15 minutes. Another at 15 minutes 10 seconds and another one shortly after. Another at 19 minutes in. The final flashback is when Big Boss is saluting at 22 minutes. Congratulations! Flashback Mania achieved!

Emblems Acquired:

28.) Pig - Will unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
29.) Cow - Will unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
30.) Crocodile - Will unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
31.) Giant Panda - Will unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
39.) Puma - Will Unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
40.) Chicken

Trophies Acquired:
8.) Overhead view — just like old times… - Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
12.) Ghost Photography Addict - Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
13.) FaceCamo Addict- Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password). NOTE: Depending on how this trophy unlocks it may not unlock despite having twelve FaceCamo patterns by now. If this is the case you can completely ignore this trophy as after the Big Boss Emblem run, following this guide/roadmap, you'll unlock it eventually anyway.
16.) You’re pretty good - Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
17.) Flashback Mania - Viewed all flashbacks.
Liquid Sun
Solid Sun
Three Suns
Twin Suns
Old Sun
Frog Doll
Laughing Octopus Doll
Raging Raven Doll
Crying Wold Doll
Screaming Mantis Doll
Handle With Care

None
FaceCamo
MGS1 Snake
Young Snake
Young Snake w/ Bandana
Laughing Beauty
Raiden (Visor Up)
Raiden (Visor Down)
Roy Campbell
Otacon
Laughing Beauty
Raging Beauty
Crying Beauty
Screaming Beauty
You Need:
Big Boss - Get the Big Boss Emblem

Middle East Militia
South American Militia
Civilian Clothes
Suit

"Backyard Blues"
"Beyond the Bounds"
"Bio Hazard"
"Boktai 2 Theme"
"Bon Dance"
"Calling to the Night"
"Inorino Uta"
"Level 3 Warning"
"Lunar Knights Main Theme"
"Metal Gear 20 Years History: Part 2"
"Metal Gear Solid Main Theme (The Document Remix)"
"MPO+ Theme"
"On Alert"
"One Night in Neo Kobe City"
"Rock Me Baby"
"Sailor"
"Sea Breeze"
"Show Time"
"Takin' on the Shagohod"
"Test Subject Burns"
"Test Subject's Duality"
"The Best Is Yet To Come"
"The Essence of Vince"
"The Fury"
"Theme of Solid Snake"
"Theme of Tara"
"Warhead Storage"
"Who Am I Really?"
"Yell Dead Cell"
"Zanzibarland Breeze"
So you need the following:
"Big Boss" - Get the Big Boss Emblem
"Snake Eater"; Get all Emblems
"Old L.A. 2040" - Otacon's computer; Input the code 78925
"Policenaut's End Title" - Otacon's Computer; Input the Code 13462

At the end emblem screen ensure that you have unlocked all the above stated emblems. If you haven't (and you absolutely MUST have gotten the Chicken emblem. If you didn't reload the last save and fulfil the stat that you don't have) In addition to the normal items you'll have unlocked
"Solar Gun" so you'll get the trophy "SUNLIGHT!"
"Corpse Camo"

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! YOU MUST SAVE WHEN PROMPTED! You need to load this save to start a new playthrough, not by going into New Game.

Second Playthrough; Big Boss Emblem Run: You must pick The Boss Extreme difficulty

You may find it odd that I would go into such detail about "Chicken" but not the Big Boss Emblem run and there is a very clear reason. Big Boss Emblem does not require grinding, isn't helpful to get other emblems (as in, every emblem you unlock on a Big Boss Emblem run is automatically acquired, unlike Chicken) and the task is absolutely clear from the very beginning (whereas Chicken requires roughly 16 other extra tasks). Also, Big Boss Emblem is probably easier to get on your third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh or eight playthrough but as far as I'm concerned it's more fun and rewarding to accomplish it this run. If you do wait to a third or fourth run, stock up on Emotion Ammo for each gun as you cannot obtain it once you start a Big Boss run and I presume it makes it much easier (because you'll have so much ammo).

The requirements are:
Beat the game on The Boss Extreme difficulty
0 deaths
0 alerts
0 kills
0 recovery items used
0 special items used
Under 5 hours.

If you get spotted:
Die and EXIT game, do not continue! EVER! Stats before continues count!

Save, yet not excessively:
There is no save limit but saving in every area has a problem, that problem is...

Don't spend time in the Pause Menu:
Pause does not stop time. Only go in the Pause menu when necessary. When you can after meeting the Metal Gear Mark 2 equip the Tranquiliser Pistol, Solar Gun and Mosin Nagant and don't remove them until boss fights to reduce your time in the menu. Likewise saving will increase your time due to the time taken to save and likewise only save at the start of an area.

On that note, skip the cutscenes:
They add significantly to your time. At the end of the game the credits cannot be skipped and add a significant 15-20 minutes to your time.

Rock Me Baby/Sailor:
Remember I said they were important to get? The iPod is your Life Recovery Item on this playthrough. Rock Me Baby and Sailor both increase your life recovery rate when you are prone. If you are low on health in a boss battle and have enough time, go lie down and listen to one of those two songs but you almost certainly should not be low on health in most areas

Use tranquiliser darts sparingly:
You cannot buy them, that is why you had to stock up after your Chicken Run. In each area there are pick ups which can all be found here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/926596-metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots/44019748

Kill the Beasts:
Unlike in your Chicken playthrough you don't have to tranquilise the Beasts as you already have the Solar gun. The Anti-Material Sniper Rifle that Johnny uses in Act 5 is incredibly damaging to every boss and and although not better than the Rail Gun, should be used after you land a single successful shot with the Rail Gun.

Use the Anti-Material Sniper to kill Gekkos, not the Rail Gun:
The Anti-Material Sniper can kill Gekkos in one shot with a fast firing rate with good accuracy. If you miss the vital spot it may take two or three shots, which is still quickly. The Rail Gun can kill Gekkos in one shot but only after a considerable charging time. It's a no brainer. This can be seen here: http://youtu.be/ho-mfp7Az1M from Act 4 in the Suicide Gekko section (note this also includes Vamp).

Every day is a Wednesday:
Prices are discounted on Wednesday. Adjust your clock accordingly.

Walkthroughs: Electroshockwave
(http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=51541) recommends using this walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UkuHgbzks and I have to concur if you are not overly confident that you can do it on your own.

Do not buy the Bandana and Stealth Camoflauge:
You'll get them free at the end of the playthrough.

Do not use Muna:
You may use the Syringe and the iPod but don't use any other items to aid in recovery.

DO NOT OVERWRITE SAVES:
You may need to go back due to time, making a mistake like killing an enemy, using a recovery item or for some other reason. Don't overwrite any saves for this playthrough.

Act 1
Red Zone:

Save at the beginning of this area. Wear the Corpse Camo and use the Mantis Doll. Immediately run to the first enemy after the MG MK2 get an Alert. Lie down, hold triangle and play dead to unlock "Can you feel my power now!!!?" and then shoot/kill him with the Mantis Doll to unlock "I Just Don’t Fear Death". When you've gotten these trophies, quit the game and DO NOT SAVE! DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR SAVE OR PRESS CONTINUE!

Advent Palace

The Frogs are challenging. When you get time in between rooms lie down and recover your health to Rock Me Baby.

Act 2

Laughing Octopus isn't too bad. The sniper (or in this case it's better to use the Rail Gun because you can get a full charge) makes short work of her. If you need help: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41046692&postcount=1464

Power Suit Enemies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=36ZO4MWVpno#t=87s These enemies at 87-89 seconds DO count as kills. You must not destroy them with the turret, you have to wait and Drebin will automatically drive on after waiting for awhile. Do not kill them.

Act 3
Stealth Section

As I advised with the Chicken playthrough, use the Civilian Clothes, Tranquiliser Pistol and the Otacon FaceCamo to avoid spooking the Resistance Member. This act isn't too difficult, just slow.

Motorbike section

I lied. This is the worst, most frustrating area in the game on a Big Boss Emblem run. The Solar Gun, Tranquiliser Pistol, Twin Barrel with V-Ring and Stun Grenades are very useful here and for some people Auto-Aim helps. Every time you get into a new area make a NEW save, DO NOT overwrite your previous ones as you may not have enough health to survive the upcoming area. May the Nanomachines guide your every shot. For this you can also try this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40918315#post40918315 I suggest waiting a week.

Raging Raven with the Sniper and Rail Gun is pretty easy but save when you get here just in case you die and have to do the dreaded motorbike section.

Act 4

If the trophy about the ghosts did not pop up last playthrough, save at the beginning of the Act, enter the Helipad, equip The Sorrow Doll and take pictures in the same location. Quit the game without saving and continue as normal.

If you got lots of Chaff Grenades, you are very lucky. If you have enough to last you most areas area (except the Warhead Storage Building, the Snowfield and the Canyon) and have two or more to spare for the final Scarab tunnel in the game, throw one Chaff Grenade in every area when you can make it to the area. If not and you only have about 4, save the Chaff Grenades for the Blast Furnace/area after, the Tank Hanger, the underground tunnel to Rex and the end of the tunnel at the end of the game. If you have more, use them at your own discretion (do not use them in the Warhead Storage Building).

In the Warhead Storage Building B2; Otacon's Office don't forget to enter the code for one of the songs.

In the Warhead Storage Building, use the Sniper to kill the Gekko as he enters the area. If you do it right you shouldn't get an alert and the door should instantly open. Like this: http://youtu.be/nnswj9cNshQ

For Sniper Wolf hide under the truck and wait.
This can take a significant amount of time in your playthrough so save before you start it. Use the Anti-Material Sniper or the VSS to kill the Beast. The Anti-Material Rifle can also knock over the Beast as she runs towards you making it very helpful. If time is of the essence you can do this instead using Stun and Smoke Grenades: http://youtu.be/aVh9Dm7DOLA

For Vamp the Solar Gun fully charged instantly kills him so you can use the Syringe.

For Suicide Gekko area use the Anti Material Sniper
: http://youtu.be/ho-mfp7Az1M

For Rex Vs Ray:
You can shoot down the missiles using the Machine Gun. Use your missiles to do a significant amount of damage. In addition to this using 'CQC' to fight him is very effective on the Big Boss emblem playthrough if you can hit the Triangle prompts quick enough. In many instances these will do far more damage than your weapons. It is strongly advisable to use your Missiles until they are empty and then switch to the Machine Gun. You can risk using the laser but while it charges you are vulnerable. If you want you can use it and a fully charged shot will be very damaging but I prefer to avoid it and stick with the Machine Guns and Missiles solely out of safety. Likewise you can destroy the buildings if you are very good at dodging and want to find him easily but this means he can attack you at almost all times.

Act 5

Skip the large amount of cutscenes and use Chaff grenades in the Scarab tunnel and run as fast as you can to the end. Buy the Musket in Act 5 if you can.

For Liquid Ocelot I wish you luck! Use "Triangle" pressed repeatedly while being taunted to greatly recover health.

By now you should have the following emblems:

1.) Big Boss - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
2.) Foxhound - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
3.) Fox - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
4.) Hound - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
5.) Mantis - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
6.) Wolf - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
7.) Raven - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
8.) Octopus - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
12.) Pigeon - Unlocks automatically with Big Boss
14.) Hawk - Receive praise 25 times from allies
28.) Pig - Will unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
29.) Cow - Will unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
30.) Crocodile - Will unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
31.) Giant Panda - Will unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
39.) Puma - Will Unlock automatically if Chicken is acquired.
40.) Chicken

At the end of this playthrough you will only need the following trophies:

Divine Wind (buy the Musket in Act 5!) - You'll get this on your next playthrough hopefully
Sounds of the Battlefield - You'll get this after getting every emblem
I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology - You'll get this whenever you get enough Drebin Points to buy everything from Drebin.
The Legendary Hero - You'll get this after getting every emblem and all posters.

After this these are the emblems that you must get. The requirements (http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4_secrets#Emblems) for each emblem can be farmed in the same place as found in the Chicken run, that is, if they aren't obtained naturally:
In these final playthroughs, clear up any missing trophies. I advise you do each playthrough on Big Boss Hard as there is a decent balance between ridiculously overpowered and too demanding but if you want to go lower, and it doesn't interfere with emblem requirements, choose what you want but multiple difficulties on Easy may be very boring. I'm also quite sure you can use special items (Stealth and Bandana) on these difficulties (check with the emblem requirements first to see if they forbid special items and if they don't you can use them) for most of these.

If you go for Tarantula (33) you can also get:

11.) Assassin (note that you must ensure you fill this requirement. You can also unlock this with the Big Boss run through emblems)
One playthrough two emblems. All together 34 emblems three playthroughs.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want, this can be your first playthrough with Chicken your second and Big Boss Emblem your third. Alternatively this can be your first, Big Boss your second and Chicken your third. Each method is as easy as the other.
This playthrough in Act 1: Downtown you should shoot the Tanegashima Musket. This will allow you to unlock the trophy "Divine Wind" (this may take three or four tries but you'll know you've gotten a Divine Wind when it happens). You may want to save before you do this and then reload it after.

If you go for Centipede (34): That's it.
All together 35 emblems in four playthroughs.
If you go for Spider (35):
One playthrough, one emblem. All together 36 emblems in five playthroughs.
If you go for Jaguar (36):
One playthrough for one emblem. Thirty-seven emblems in six playthroughs.
If you go for Panther (37):
One playthrough for one emblem. Thirty eight emblems in seven playthroughs.
If you go for Leopard (38):
15.) Little Gray - By now, you should have every weapon. If you don't you must have missed one of the normal pickups somewhere, perhaps the VSS.
If you do get Little Gray you will unlock the trophy "I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology"
One playthrough for two emblems. Forty emblems in eight playthroughs and you will unlock the trophies "Sounds of the Battlefield" and "The Legendary Hero"

Individual trophy guide:
1.) You enjoy all the killing, that’s why!
- Killed many enemies in one area, and vomit
This can be obtained on the turret on the roof in Act 2 on Vista Mansion. The enemies on the ground will continuously respawn and you will easily be able to kill a significant number of enemies. Eventually this will occur.

2.) Divine Wind
- Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
After acquiring the Tanegashima Musket go to an outdoor area and shoot the gun. If nothing happens, keep trying. Eventually you'll get a Divine Wind, you'll know it when it happens. This cannot be obtained in Act 4 and I'm unsure about elsewhere. Honestly, the only place where I am absolutely certain you can get this is in Act 1 Downtown. Also, do not try this in a know kills playthrough. And if you need the emblem Hyena or gifts for the Militia this is absolutely perfect for that.

3.) Hands Up
- Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Go close to an enemy and aim at them with your gun using L1. From there, press Triangle to body search them and remove ammo.

4.) Emotion Control
- Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
Equip an Emotion Magazine and place it down in an enemy's path.

5.) Hurt me more!
- Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
After receiving the Metal Gear Mark 2 in Red Zone,Take it out and use it to electrocute an enemy outside of where you begin.

6.) Drum Can Addict
- Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can
After unlocking a drum can half way through Act 1 equip it and lie down. Then roll into an enemy and this will unlock.

7.) That Tune Is His Mind Control Music
- Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
After defeating the Beast boss battle you begin the Beauty boss battle. Stall for three to five minutes and you will teleport to a White World. From here you must then play the music "Oishii Two-han Seikatsu" on the iPod to get the Beauty to dance. This can be done at the Beauty boss fights.

8.) Overhead view — just like old times…
- Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
Move the camera overhead (manually, as much as it goes) outside Shadow Moses which will unlock a flashback and also the achievement after moving around.

9.) SUNLIGHT!
- Obtained the Solar Gun
You must defeat the Frog Soldiers in Act 1, Laughing Octopus in Act 2, Raging Raven in Act 3, Crying Wolf in Act 4 and Screaming Mantis in Act 5 non-lethally (this isn't possible with Screaming Mantis as you must use the Mantis Doll but that is taken into account) and collect the Statues while the you fight the Beauty forms (and the Frog Doll is gotten in the garage).

10.) I Just Don't Fear Death
- Ended ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
Complete the game with the Chicken Emblem and 50+(51 at least. It is disputed that this may just require over 41 continues but I cannot confirm this) to unlock the Corpse Camo. Once you have unlocked it, wear it and run into an enemy's line of sight to get an alert. Then lie down and play dead.

12.) Ghost Photography Addict
- Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
Locations of ghosts are available here: http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Ghosts#Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots
Also please refer to my Act 4 Helipad Chicken Emblem walkthrough. All the ghosts needed can be easily obtained in this location and I've included seven in the walkthrough.

13.) FaceCamo Addict
- Obtained 10 or more Types of FaceCamo.
In the mission briefings, bump into Otacon, Roy Campbell, Sunny and Naomi to get Otacon, Roy Campbell, Raiden (Visor Down) and Raiden (Visor Up) FaceCamo. Defeat the Beauties non-lethally to unlock their FaceCamo. Finish Laughing Octopus to get the OctoCamo FaceCamo. Reach Act 3 to unlock Young Snake and Young Snake w/Bandana FaceCamo. Reach Act 4 to unlock MGS1 Snake FaceCamo and get the Big Boss emblem to unlock Big Boss FaceCamo. You need 10 in total.

14.) Can you feel my power now!!!?
- Took control of an enemy soldier's body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll
The Mantis Doll allows you to manipulate living humans and kills them. The Sorrow Doll allows you to manipulate corpses (for items). Shoot the Mantis Doll after clearing the game at a living enemy to unlock the trophy.

15.) Are you an Otaku too?
- Viewed all model posters
After this is acquired I'll add them all to the Chicken Run guide with the label *POSTER*.
All credit goes to:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/me...-metal-gear-solid-4-trophy-guide-roadmap.html
ZOLANTON said:
Missable There are 4 posters in total. During Act 2: Solid Sun, while you are in the Vista mansion, you will find two posters of Akina Minami. You have to look at them with the L1 button in 1st Person View and Snake will say something in the words of “It’s Akina!” resulting in raising up his Psyche. One of them can be found at the second floor in the bedroom. You have to look all the way up to the ceiling to see it. At the first floor you will find two portraits as you go towards the stairs. The ones you need is where the walls become a bit narrow. Shoot the bigger one and you will reveal another poster. Continuing in Act 3: two more Akina posters can be found. The first one is in Midtown S Sector. This is a little tricky to find. From the point you start, continue following the Resistance member until you reach the park. From there, go to the right and continue following the park’s wall until you reach the north east part of it. Then you will see the poster behind a series of columns to the right. The other one is in Midtown Central Sector near the bridge. You need to climb the stairs to get up the bridge. The poster will be at one end of the bridge. Note that Snake MUST say something in the lines of “Akina”. If he doesn’t, you haven’t viewed the poster and you will miss the trophy.

16.) You’re pretty good
- Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
At the "Snake Eater" stage of the fight get put in a headlock by Ocelot and don't do anything to get a display of brotherly love.

17.) Flashback Mania
- Viewed all flashbacks.
A list of flashbacks is contained within this guide. Hopefully you can follow the guide area by area to view them correctly. Use CTRL+F and search for them using the correct case: FLASHBACK, flashback, *CUTSCENE FLASHBACK* and *FLASHBACK*

18.) Sounds of the Battlefield
- Obtained all iPod tracks.
"Backyard Blues"
"Beyond the Bounds"
- Act 4, Tank Hangar room on upper floor after power is turned on by Otacon
"Big Boss" - Acquire the Big Boss Emblem
"Bio Hazard" Act 3, Midtown, Hold-up Resistance Member
"Boktai 2 Theme" - Act 2, Mission Briefing
"Bon Dance" - Act 2 Marketplace
"Calling to the Night"
"Destiny's Call - Break For The Fortress
" - Gift from Militia in Act 1 or Act 2
"Flowing Destiny" - Act 4 Canyon
"Inorino Uta" - Act 1 Mission Briefing
"Level 3 Warning" - Act 1 Advent Palace
"Love Theme (Action Version)" - Gift from Militia in Act 1 or Act 2
"Lunar Knights Main Theme" - Act 4 Mission Briefing
"Metal Gear 20 Years History: Part 2"
- Act 4 Warhead Storage Building
"Metal Gear 20 Years History: Part 3" - Act 2 Confinement Facility
"Metal Gear Solid Main Theme (The Document Remix)"
- Act 5, Under hatch to the left at the beginning of area
"MPO+ Theme" - Gift from Militia in Act 1 or Act 2
"On Alert" - Act 3 Midtown N Sector
"One Night in Neo Kobe City" - Act 3 Midtown. Hold up the enemy soldier on the park at the right side.
"Rock Me Baby" - Act 2 Confinement Facility
"Sailor" - Act 2 Vista Mansion
"Sea Breeze"
- Act 3 Mission Briefing
"Show Time"
"Subsistence Action"
- Via the code.
"Takin' on the Shagohod"
"Test Subject Burns"

"Test Subject's Duality" - Act 3 Midtown S Sector
"The Best Is Yet To Come" - Act 4 Snowfield before you leave the area
"The Essence of Vince" - Act 3 Echo's Beacon (where you fight Raven)
"The Fury" - Act 2 Cove Valley Village where Vamp exits.
"Theme of Solid Snake" - Act 1 Millenium Park after going through a hole in the wall near the beginning
"Theme of Tara" - Act 1 Militia Hide Out
"Warhead Storage" - Act 4 Tank Hangar in the upper vent.
"Who Am I Really?"
"Yell Dead Cell"
- Act 4 Casting Facility
"Zanzibarland Breeze" - Act 1 Urban Ruins before you jump down the hole.
Unusually acquired ones include:
"Old L.A. 2040" - Otacon's computer; Input the code 78925
"Policenaut's End Title" - Otacon's Computer; Input the Code 13462
"Snake Eater"; Get all Emblems

The Emblems have the following requirements (Credit to MGS Wikia for listing the requirements but unfortunately they have them in alphabetical order and not the correct one):
1.) Big Boss - Beat the game on the Boss Extreme difficulty with 0 deaths, 0 alerts, 0 kills, 0 recovery items used, 0 special items used, and in under 5 hours.
2.) Foxhound - Beat the game on Big Boss hard or higher with 0 deaths, 3 alerts or fewer, 0 kills, 0 recovery items used, 0 special items used, and in under 5.5 hours. (BBE)
3.) Fox - Beat the game on Solid normal or higher with 0 deaths, 5 alerts or fewer, 0 kills, 0 recovery items used, 0 special items used, and in under 6 hours. (BBE)
4.) Hound - Beat the game on Naked Normal or higher with no more than 3 Alerts, 0 kills, 0 continues, game time under 6 hours and 30 minutes, and no recovery or special items. (BBE)
5.) Mantis - Beat the game with 0 alerts, 0 continues, 0 recovery items used, and in under 5 hours. (BBE)
6.) Wolf - Beat the game with 0 continues and 0 recovery items used. (BBE)
7.) Raven - Beat the game in under 5 hours. (BBE)
8.) Octopus - Beat the game with 0 alerts. (BBE)
9.) Bear - 100 enemies grabbed with CQC. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in Act 2 Power Station or Confinement Facility. Can be done on the same enemy.
10.) Eagle - 150 headshots. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Can be done in Act 1 Red Zone (with deaths), Downtown or Crescent Meridian. Alternatively Act 2 in Confinement Facility.
11.) Assassin - Beat the game with 50+ knife kills/stuns, 50+ CQC holds, and 25 alerts or fewer. (Tarantula)
12.) Pidgeon - Beat the game with 0 kills. (BBE)
13.) Blue Bird - Give 50 items at least to allies (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in Act 1 Red Zone (with deaths), Downtown or Crescent Meridian. Alternatively Act 2 in Confinement Facility. A demonstration of the easiest way I have found: http://youtu.be/5Nq57vlP1FU
14.) Hawk (this should really go under kills I guess but whatever) - Receive praise 25 times from allies; Do this in Act 1 Red Zone (with deaths), Downtown or Crescent Meridian. Alternatively Act 2 in Confinement Facility. Use a tranquiliser pistol to get the compliments.
15. Little Gray - Collect all 69 weapons. (x)
16.) Ant - Body search 50 enemies. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in Act 1 Red Zone (with deaths), Downtown or Crescent Meridian. Alternatively Act 2 in Confinement Facility. Can be done on the same enemy.
17.) Gibbon - Hold up 50 enemies. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in Act 1 Red Zone (with deaths), Downtown or Crescent Meridian. Alternatively Act 2 in Confinement Facility. Can be done on the same enemy.
18.) Tortoise - 60 minutes in a box or Oil Drum. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in any quiet area without enemies. Act 2 in the tunnel before Research Lab or Act 4 Helipad are perfect for this
19.) Rabbit - Turn 100 pages in a playboy magazine (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in any quiet area without enemies. Act 2 in the tunnel before Research Lab or Act 4 Helipad are perfect for this
20.) Bee - Inject fifty enemies with the syringe/plug (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in Act 1 Red Zone (with deaths), Downtown or Crescent Meridian. Alternatively Act 2 in Confinement Facility. As soon as you can buy the Scanning Plug, do it. Can be done on the same enemy.
21.) Gekko - Hug a wall for an hour. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in any quiet area without enemies. Act 2 in the tunnel before Research Lab or Act 4 Helipad are perfect for this
22.) Scarab - Roll forward at least one hundred times (I highly advise 200 as some have reported this is required). (x) (Optimised with Ch)
23.) Frog - Roll sideways two hundred times. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in any quiet area without enemies. Act 2 in the tunnel before Research Lab or Act 4 Helipad are perfect for this. A demonstration of what counts as a roll is available here:
24.) Inch Worm - Crawl for an hour. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in any quiet area without enemies. Act 2 in the tunnel before Research Lab or Act 4 Helipad are perfect for this
25.) Lobster - Crouch for two hours and thirty minutes. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in any quiet area without enemies. Act 2 in the tunnel before Research Lab or Act 4 Helipad are perfect for this
26.) Hyena - Pick up four hundred items. (x) (Optimised with Ch)
27.) Hog - Achieve a battle high ten times. (x) (Optimised with Ch); Do this in Downtown or Crescent Meridian. Alternatively Act 2 in Confinement Facility or Vista Mansion. A demonstration of how to get a battle high: http://youtu.be/hB9gac_BlA0
28.) Pig - Use more than 50 recovery items. (ChA); Use recovery items as you pick them up.
29.) Cow - Activate over 100 alerts. (ChA); In Shadow Moses in the Upper Vent before exitting into the Tank Hangar shoot a loud gun to get an alert. Continue to do this.
30.) Crocodile - Have over 400 kills. (ChA); Use the turret on Act 2 Vista Mansion's house to farm kills.
31.) Giant Panda - 35+ hours gametime. (ChA); Leave the game on. In addition use this time to get other time intensive items.
32.) Scorpion - Get fewer than 75 alerts, fewer than 250 kills, and fewer than 25 continues. (BBE)
33.) Tarantula - Get fewer than 75 alerts, over 250 kills, and fewer than 25 continues. ; Use the turret in Act 2 on Vista Mansion's roof to farm kills without alerts.
34.) Centipede - Get fewer than 75 alerts, fewer than 250 kills, and over 25 continues. ; Shoot Meryl in Act 5 to get continues.
35.) Spider - Get fewer than 75 alerts, over 250 kills, and over 25 continues. ; Use the turret in Act 2 on Vista Mansion's roof to farm kills without alerts and kill Meryl for continues.
36.) Jaguar - Get over 75 alert phases, fewer than 250 kills, and fewer than 25 continues. ; In Shadow Moses in the Upper Vent before exitting into the Tank Hangar shoot a loud gun to get an Alert. Repeat this.
37.) Panther - Get over 75 alerts, over 250 kills, and fewer than 25 continues. ; In Shadow Moses in the Upper Vent before exitting into the Tank Hangar shoot a loud gun to get an Alert. Repeat this. Use the turret in Act 2 on Vista Mansion's roof to farm kills without alerts.
38.) Leopard - Get over 75 alert phases, fewer than 250 kills, and over 25 continues. ; In Shadow Moses in the Upper Vent before exitting into the Tank Hangar shoot a loud gun to get an Alert. Repeat this. Kill Meryl in Act 5 for Continues.
39.) Puma - Get over 75 alert phases, over 250 kills, and over 25 continues. (ChA)
40.) Chicken - Get over 150 alerts, over 500 kills, over 50 continues, use over 50 recovery items, and finish the game with over 35 hours of play time. This:
If you haven't already done so I highly recommend downloading the podcasts for the ipod. Something to listen to while attempting the chicken emblem.
Is good advice.

BBE means you automatically get it in the Big Boss Emblem playthrough
Ch means Chicken playthrough.
ChA means you automatically unlock it in a Chicken playthrough.
Taran means that you should get it with Tarantula (this is only relevant to Assassin Emblem)
X Means you can theoretically get it in any playthrough (but it's advised you get them during Chicken).
" " (an empty space) means it requires a seperate playthrough and cannot be acquired with a Big Boss Emblem run, a Chicken playthrough or other " " emblems.

19.) I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology
- Obtain all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password)
Due to the way weapons are acquired there is far too many to list here and far too many potential areas for every weapon so if you're looking for specific weapons I suggest going here:
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4_weapons and you can also check with the weapon guide here to be more general: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/me...-metal-gear-solid-4-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

The following trophies are the secret trophies (the newly revealed ones) so if you don't mind knowing the above ones but not the secret ones, don't highlight this:
Handle with Caution
In the Redzone in Act 1 climb up to the statue and press the prompt displayed. Do this three times to earn the statue.

Liquid Sun
- Clear Act 1
Solid Sun - Clear Act 2
Three Suns - Clear Act 3
Twin Suns - Clear Act 4
Old Sun - Clear Act 5

Crop Circle

In Act 2 Mountain Trail find the crop circle to the left before you cross the river.

Infinity Bandana

Clear the game with no kills or buy it from Drebin

Stealth

Clear the game with no alerts or buy it from Drebin.

Frog Soldier Doll
- Escaped the Haven Troopers in the Middle East by non-lethal means and obtained the Frog Soldier Doll

Laughing Octopus Doll
- Defeated Laughing by non-lethal means and obtained the Laughing Octopus Doll.

Raging Raven Doll
- Defeated Raging Raven by non-lethal means and obtained the Raging Raven Doll.

Crying Wolf Doll
- Defeated Crying Wolf by non-lethal means and obtained the Crying Wolf Doll

Screaming Mantis Doll
- Defeated Screaming Mantis by non-lethal means and obtained the Frog Soldier Doll

Liquid
- Ride in Metal Gear Rex and, when fighting Ray, press Triangle.

20.) The Legendary Hero
- Obtained All Trophies

NOTE: The following is a list of things I need confirmed. If you can confirm anything PM me and I'll credit you and include your clarification:
If you get Alerts on Vista Mansion using the turret. Alternatively, if you get an Alert by using the turret for kills while wearing the South American Militia Outfit. StuBurns has confirmed that you do not get Alerts on the Turret.
That the flashbacks listed are correct and is the entire list of them. It is.
If iPod Songs that you unlock in an area stay unlocked after dying. They don't.
If gifting an item to the militia, getting killed and giving them the item again counts as gifting two items or just one. *NOTE: If this works and iPod songs stay unlocked you could gift five rations at once, die and repeat until you get Blue Bird and all the gift songs.* It counts supposedly.

Thanks to:
TheSeks (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=51745) for stating the first enemy in the Red Zone does not respawn.
Eunao (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=98860) for suggesting Downtown for respawning enemies.
Unknownhero (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=102126) for suggesting the guaranteed ration in the Red Zone.
StuBurns (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=31108) for clarifying the turret in Vista Mansion doesn't give Alerts.
SixFourMike (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=99234) for the spreadsheet.
RyanardoDaVinci (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=75196) for the Cove Valley Village suggestion for Bear, Bee, Ant and Gibbon and an answer in the FAQ.
Electroshockwave (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=51541) for suggesting the walkthrough.
ZOLANTON (PS3 Trophies roadmap) for giving permission to post the Poster Locations excerpt.
Donald Bubbins (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=89323) for the PDF and Document version, and for formatting said versions
One85x (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=79460) for providing major help for Bee, Ant, Bear and Gibbon.
LiquidSolid (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=74053) for clarifying "I don't fear death".
SolidusDave (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=54274) for also suggesting the tranquiliser for Hawk and leading to an emphasis on the significance of the tranquiliser.
BadWolf (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=70283)) for an answer in the FAQ.
Jimi_Dini (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=87072) for the bike tip.
KAOz (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=53535) for an answer in the FAQ.
Illmatlc (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=72663) for the tip for Laughing Octopus.
You, for reading this :p.

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: Help! I'm not getting Praise!?
Answer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40872709#post40872709

Question: Why aren't my x (sideways rolls, kills, etc.) counting?
Answer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40874412#post40874412

Question: Do stats carry over after death?
Answer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40874634#post40874634

Question: What order should I play the games in?
Answer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40686573#post40686573

Question: Do cutscenes carry over? Do they all have to be done in the same playthrough?
Answer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40901451#post40901451

I hope that helps some people, This should help for now at least. PS3Trophy's guide is excellent too so if you want to use that I highly advise to do so. I felt that MGS4 needed a roadmap to match the original OT and although it's not thirty+ posts long, it should help to get the trophies. Did you rike it?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So, I take it I have to peruse this list while playing to get the Trophies? Hmm...for someone like me who've yet to play it, that might be counter-productive due to spoilers.

For those that finished it, how long will an average playthrough take me? Also, was thinking of playing on the most difficult setting right away. Is this a good idea?

Thanks The One Who Knocks! Gonna do the Chicken Emblem first since there is so much time to knock a bunch of emblems out in one play through. Gonna definitely make multiple saves in case I do miss anything though.

Jawmuncher

Hopefully my question can get answered here for those who have the patch already.

Can you copy the patch file onto a USB stick and copy it to another PS3 system?

I ask because trying to download it, isn't going to work for me.
But I can easily have someone do the aboved mentioned for me.

Nice OT and useful posts by the one who knocks! :)

I'm leaving my 5.1 surround sound play all my iPod songs in mgs4 lol.

@jawmuncher: haven't tried it bro, I'll look into it next time I'm at the xmb.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Awesome, the One Who Knocks. But can't you just Youtube the poster locations?

Harlock

No, the patch is online for America now. You can only download when start the game and, like others patchs, can´t even download em background.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Hopefully my question can get answered here for those who have the patch already.

Can you copy the patch file onto a USB stick and copy it to another PS3 system?

I ask because trying to download it, isn't going to work for me.
But I can easily have someone do the aboved mentioned for me.

I think it should work, but the main problem is you have to download it using the game. So, either you take your PS3 and MGS4 and download the patch and then get the game data to copy to the USB.

If you're wondering if we can download the file itself and transfer, someone already said it's a no go since you need the game disc itself for the patch to be enabled.

So I've got all the emblems, weapons, songs, etc from before this patch.

If I load the game up, is there any chance I'll get at least some of them that corresponding to collecting everything?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I can't believe people make this big of a deal about trophies and/or achievements.

Boggles my mind actually.

I think it's mostly because MGS4 is a "special" game.

I know I'm hyped since I never got around to finishing MGS4. Also, this Trophy implementation might be a precursor to their announcement later in the month.

Hype snowballing...into PROJECT OGRE!!

skynidas

Banned
So, I take it I have to peruse this list while playing to get the Trophies? Hmm...for someone like me who've yet to play it, that might be counter-productive due to spoilers.

For those that finished it, how long will an average playthrough take me? Also, was thinking of playing on the most difficult setting right away. Is this a good idea?

I would advise you to start the game again on a normal difficulty, enjoy the game, the story, and then start using that guide to earn the trophies.

So I've got all the emblems, weapons, songs, etc from before this patch.

If I load the game up, is there any chance I'll get at least some of them that corresponding to collecting everything?
Not retroactive. Any saves predating the patch won't unlock any trophies. Gotta start over on a new save.
ViaLNl.jpg

Jawmuncher

I think it should work, but the main problem is you have to download it using the game. So, either you take your PS3 and MGS4 and download the patch and then get the game data to copy to the USB.

If you're wondering if we can download the file itself and transfer, someone already said it's a no go since you need the game disc itself for the patch to be enabled.

Ok that's what I was wondering.
I have the game over here but wifi acess (only way I can even get the PS3 online)
is beyond slow. So I was going to use a buddy back home to download it for me with his copy and send me a USB stick with the patch on it.

Nice OT and useful posts by the one who knocks! :)

I'm leaving my 5.1 surround sound play all my iPod songs in mgs4 lol.

@jawmuncher: haven't tried it bro, I'll look into it next time I'm at the xmb.

Much appreciated, really just want to make sure the file isn't copy protected, since then I just wasted time.

Steroyd

Not retroactive. Any saves predating the patch won't unlock any trophies. Gotta start over on a new save.
http://i.imgur.com/ViaLNl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm going to need to build up the motivation to play through this game on the hardest difficulty... again. Nearly broke me the first time. -_-

Every time you clear the game, you will unlock emblems based upon your stats in that playthrough and specific tasks done. The emblem list is the complete list of emblems and the requirements for each emblem. One trophy will require every emblem to be unlocked. If you want you can choose one of the non-large emblems (Big Boss Emblem and Chicken) such as Panther or Leopard to try and get that first so you'll still only need eight playthroughs. The entire guide is in chronological order of the game BUT the flashbacks, while in order, exclude non-flashback cutscenes and require a knowledge of the cutscenes to know which ones contain the flashbacks so you may encounter some brief spoilers this way. I'll try and spoiler tag any potential spoilers in the flashback sections.

It is highly advisable to NOT look at the guide before you play through the game once already however. I have included the act by act trophies you will acquire along with how to acquire them so if you want you can look at only Act 1 trophy's and where to unlock them but I do advise you playthrough the game unburdened by trophies first.

Big Boss Hard (which I believe is the highest difficulty unlocked right away) is a good balance between difficulty and fun. If The Boss Extreme is unlocked immediately, I advise not starting on that.

Awesome, the One Who Knocks. But can't you just Youtube the poster locations?

That is what I tried to do and I've been searching elsewhere too but before the trophy list it seems that nobody had compiled a complete list of the posters. As such I'm waiting for somebody else to find them. I know where four are located off the top of my head and other sources corroborate these four but I don't know if this is the complete list.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So apart from trophies and a full install option, any other notable changes/additions with this patch?

Theonik

If you want the trophies in the minimum number of playthroughs yes. The platinum requires several anyway though, you should play normally and then follow this to get the rest. Might be better off this way.

Ein Bear

Yessss, the greatest OT lives on... through this arm!

Amazing work The One Who Knocks, those posts are going to be my bible for shooting for that Plat.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What do you unlock playing on the hardest setting?

He's talking the Big Boss Emblem, which is NEEDED for an iPod song.

You have to have 0 Alerts, 0 Kills, beat the game under 5 hours.

So basically speeding through on The Boss Extreme quickly while making sure you don't get alerts.

He's talking the Big Boss Emblem, which is NEEDED for an iPod song.

You have to have 0 Alerts, 0 Kills, beat the game under 5 hours.

So basically speeding through on The Boss Extreme quickly while making sure you don't get alerts.

That sounds a lot more difficult than the Zico trophy for WipEout HD. :/

Steroyd

What do you unlock playing on the hardest setting?

If you complete the game on the hardest difficulty with no kills, no alerts and complete it in 5 hours you get the big boss emblem, which gives you the big boss face paint, an ipod tune with a sweet effect and you get the patriot gun, I was so happy when I achieved it that day. T_T

If you complete the game on the hardest difficulty with no kills, no alerts and complete it in 5 hours you get the big boss emblem, which gives you the big boss face paint, an ipod tune with a sweet effect and you get the patriot gun, I was so happy when I achieved it that day. T_T
Don't forget no rations, bandanna and stealth camo.

Desmond

It's Beautiful. Gonna platinum PW first. (If I can find someone to S-Ran the Vehicles and Hunting with me :( )

Top Bottom