• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Details - US Version

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I walked into work today and we got an email saying we're now taking reserves on the MSG4 Limited Edition version.

The limited edition will retail for $84.99 and include the following:

A Blu-ray containing
2 making of documentaries, and interview with Kojima
4 chapters of the graphic novel
Metal Gear Import Soundtrack CD

Reserves for the limited edition will also get an exclusive Metal Gear Solid 4 artbook at time of purchase.

The LE comes packaged in a collectible metal case.

FAQ

1. Q: When will I be able to get the artbook?
A: Most likely at time of game release pickup.

2. Q: When can I get my Metal Gear Solid Saga Vol. 2 DVD w/ beta key?
A: Stores will be getting them in April. As soon as I get word of the exact date, I'll let you know.

3. Q: How limited is the Limited Edition?
A: Probably very limited like MGS3:Subsistence SE was. Hard to say though. If you want one for sure, I would preorder.

4. Q: How much do I have to put down to reserve the LE?
A: $10 minimum deposit.

5. Q: Will there be a midnight release?
A: TBD. If enough people preorder the game, it is a possibility.

6. Q: Can I preorder online?
A: As of yet, no.

7. Q: Will the 80GB PS3 bundle come with the LE version of MGS4?
A: Probably not. It will probably come packed-in with the standard edition.

8. Q: What about Canada?
A: Sorry, I don't have any information on that.

For reference and to make sure you reserved the right one, the SKU # is 270209.

Kagari said:
I walked into work today and we got an email saying we're now taking reserves on the MSG4 Limited Edition version.

A Blu-ray containing

Reserves for the limited edition will also get an exlusive Metal Gear Solid 4 artbook at time of purchase.
85 US DOLLARS!
I will still buy it :(

MidiSurf

Banned
Kagari said:

A Blu-ray containing

Reserves for the limited edition will also get an exlusive Metal Gear Solid 4 artbook at time of purchase.

That's still cheaper than normal PS3 games in Europe so i will definitely buy it... Although I still need that PS3 :(.

h3ro

I had hoped they added MG and MG: Solid Snake since they weren't in MGS:E.

Doesn't seem that bad, but no other MGS swag? GTA is coming with a duffel bag and lock box along with all the OST/Interview stuff and is $90.

NeoUltima

So Gamestop is accepting preorders on it now? If so, its finally time to preorder MGS4 tommorrow. O...and I wish I heard this news earlier, I was just at the store buying the Essential Collection, could of saved a trip. Contents of it sound awesome btw...Can't wait to see its boxart.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I imagine the bonus stuff comes in a tin case like the JPN version. There wasn't much information on what the artbook will be other than there will be one for LE reserve customers.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NeoUltima said:
So Gamestop is accepting preorders on it now? If so, its finally time to preorder MGS4 tommorrow. O...and I wish I heard this news earlier, I was just at the store buying the Essential Collection, could of saved a trip. Contents of it sound awesome btw...Can't wait to see its boxart.

Yes, I switched my order about 30 minutes ago.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Kagari said:

A Blu-ray containing

Where do you work again? So i know where to pre-order? I need to buy 2

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Considering Subsistence in the US, this is likely to have vastly inferior box quality, but I'm going to get it anyway (not saying I'm NOT getting the JP LE)

g35twinturbo said:

She works in Gamestop...I think?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
g35twinturbo said:

I work at GameStop/EB.

2353281286_5ce551c942_o.jpg

For great justice.

I just called my Gamestop, they confirmed that they are indeed taking reservations for this.

I'll be going there next week to transfer my preorder over.

Now what about the damn MGO beta?

Anyone think the DS3 will be bundled with the regular 40GB PS3 by the time this comes out? I want the Limited Edition, but I dunt have me a PS3. :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
fistfulofmetal said:
I just called my Gamestop, they confirmed that they are indeed taking reservations for this.

I'll be going there next week to transfer my preorder over.

Now what about the damn MGO beta?

Sometime next month. I've checked pending preorder items and it hasn't showed up yet. We will have those Crisis Core preorder bonuses on Monday though :X

NeoUltima

Kagari said:
Yes, I switched my order about 30 minutes ago.
Sunday trip to Gamestop confirmed. :D
Do you by any chance happen to know what is going with the MG Saga Vol. 2 DVD for those who preorder before it is in stock? I mean like, do they set copies aside for people who preordered in advance, or is it whoever shows up first gets them and when they're gone, they're gone?

what? is it imcomplete version of the digital comic or is it a physical thing? it should contain the entire MGS2 digital comic.

im ordering it, the soundtrack is worth it.

MidiSurf

Banned
Oh wait, is there web shops that delivers Sony games to Europe from US ? VGPlus is Canadian and i get all my Sony stuff from there.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NeoUltima said:
Do you by any chance happen to know what is going with the MG Saga Vol. 2 DVD for those who preorder before it is in stock? I mean like, do they set copies aside for people who preordered in advance, or is it whoever shows up first gets them and when they're gone, they're gone?

We'll be setting the amount we have preordered aside and any extra goes to people who preorder after we get them. I know at least my store will be calling people to let them know when they're in. I don't know if everyone will be doing this... but the moment we get them I'll drop a post here to let you guys know.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:

A Blu-ray containing

oh snap!!!! time to switch my pre-order tomorrow. I missed out on mgs3 limited edition, but not this time.

Kagari said:
Sometime next month. I've checked pending preorder items and it hasn't showed up yet. We will have those Crisis Core preorder bonuses on Monday though :X

Good, I'm #1 preorder at my Gamestop and I bet I'm the only one that has asked about it.

I wonder how the Gamestop guy felt when some random person called and asked about something that happened today and he didn't even know about.

KZObsessed

It's worth it for the soundtrack alone. If the UK doesn't get something like this
lol yeah right
I'll import this.

what about that import soundtrack? price is allright. guess ill import this, if the EU release doesnt end up with a better box art for now.

NeoUltima

Kagari said:
We'll be setting the amount we have preordered aside and any extra goes to people who preorder after we get them. I know at least my store will be calling people to let them know when they're in. I don't know if everyone will be doing this... but the moment we get them I'll drop a post here to let you guys know.
Thanks, I hope my store will handle it the same way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
fistfulofmetal said:
Good, I'm #1 preorder at my Gamestop and I bet I'm the only one that has asked about it.

I wonder how the Gamestop guy felt when some random person called and asked about something that happened today and he didn't even know about.

lulz. I came in at 2 and the email we had on it was printed and highlighted so we'd all see it. Obviously, not all stores are as informed since regular employees can't check the email.

NeoUltima said:

I would go tomorrow but they're closed for Easter. I'm going straight to my GS after classes on Monday though. Since I'm friends with the manager, I've gotta ask him to hold me the DVD when it comes in.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jvalioli said:
What are the chances that there is going to be a midnight launch for this?

If enough people reserve it, we will.

B.K. said:
Do you still get Metal Gear Saga 2 if you preorder the LE?

Yes, you also get an artbook only for the LE.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I need someone to take me to Gamestop...

It's not a glorious job...

...just a trained driver hired to do some wetwork.

Top Bottom