• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Blablurn said:
just one last question about the first boss

how can I avoide her crazy rolling attack? I almost beat her -_-

Jump on a bed or something high. Not that difficult uh? ;)

tha_con

Banned
Deepblue said:
That was MGO, he was waiting for more shots on MGS4. Yes, I just pull this outta my ass! Anyway, from what I've seen thanks to Dabookerman, the game looks really, really, fricken amazing. While the last cutscene may dissapoint, the stuff leading up will please you guys a lot.

But this is MGS4, not Ha---...whoops.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SamuraiX- said:
Yeah... but I really don't want to miss anything... Damn. :lol

How about this, are there any actual valuable items that can be found during the briefings?

Yes. One in particular.

Ya know, I've been thinking....

I've been wanting to know what would happen after MGS2 - where did they chase ocelot to, who the patriots were, how the whole shebang would end - for about 6 and 1/2 years.....

I can't believe that wait will be on its way to being over tomorrow....its a bit mindblowing!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
:lol these just reminded me of some of the mgs comics i use to make when i got bored after mgo1 closed:

1ups comics:

http://www.1up.com/media/03/5/5/7/lg/891.jpg?r
http://www.1up.com/media/03/5/5/7/lg/892.jpg?r
http://www.1up.com/media/03/5/5/7/lg/893.jpg?r

my comics:

nt3.jpg

nt2.jpg

run.jpg

fap.jpg

coolio.jpg

fart.jpg

your comics:

??? (make some now, it'll be an awesome time killer)

rod

Banned
got it!!! lets just say, im a HUGE sub-HD game hater, but the game is gorgeous. the art is phenomenal, the jaggies are MINIMAL (im very curious to know what theyre using as a substitute for AA since it definetly has the impression of at LEAST 2xaa) and the game, while being sub hd, is VERY sharp. only when i see text that is very small do i notice the blurryness

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
heh I tried to play a game online......

after download a huge patch

it was only one lobby that had people and the game was full QQ

-COOLIO- said:
i cant wait to dominate these neogaf clans when i round up some of the peeps from gamefaqs :D
Wait, were you the one the warned GAF that gamefaqs would wail on everyone? I remember someone doing that. You had better be up to KojiPro lvl if you want to hang with the GAF MGO peeps (they are nuts).

Yeah, too many questions starting. I think I'm baling out until tomorrow. See you on the other side.

robot

:lol I just checked the OP in this thread for the first time - simply incredible. Great design work too whoever is responsible.

Anyway, can't wait to pick my copy up on Friday. I've been in complete darkness w/ this game minus the demo video on PSN and now a bit of the OP. I still can't believe that OP, you should get a check from konami for that shit. Bravo.

Do I have to be watching something during the first install? I plan on taking a shower before I play and I'd figure I'd do it while it's installing.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
GalacticAE said:
Do I have to be watching something during the first install? I plan on taking a shower before I play and I'd figure I'd do it while it's installing.

You can watch the first 3 seconds of it and go take off the shit out of your stinky body no prob.

But I think u'll keep watching anyway and stay stinky. ;)

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BobTheFork said:
Wait, were you the one the warned GAF that gamefaqs would wail on everyone? I remember someone doing that. You had better be up to KojiPro lvl if you want to hang with the GAF MGO peeps (they are nuts).

Yeah, too many questions starting. I think I'm baling out until tomorrow. See you on the other side.
must of been either me or handycrap

Goddamnit it is killing me. My game is waiting a 10 minute train ride away, but I gotta finish work before I can go.

ONLY A FEW MORE HOURS!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I. hate. you. all. so. much.

I'm going to go play some shit inferior game now for three hours. I hope I don't die of boredom.

Doc Evils

Hi guys just cameback from the London launch. Press was there lots of people attended, I was third in line, dabookerman I saw your friend, Sony firmware guy from the US also was there AND I trolled Jeff Bell on Gamespot UK.

pics later.

TTP said:
You can watch the first 3 seconds of it and go take off the shit out of your stinky body no prob.

But I think u'll keep watching anyway and stay stinky. ;)

You might be right. But I would like to think I'd best enjoy the game cleansed of dirt and grime.

dagZ

is there anyway you can order the uniqlo mgs4 shirts online? if not, would anyone kindly buy one for me? i'll pay with paypal?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Doc Evils said:
Hi guys just cameback from the London launch. Press was there lots of people attended, I was third in line, dabookerman I saw your friend, Sony firmware guy from the US also was there AND I trolled Jeff Bell on Gamespot UK.

pics later.

Now u better talk. In the appropriate thread of course.

tass0

Banned
Wow, this issue of CVG is fawkin' amazing.

- Full of Shinkawa's art goodness (MGS1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Details about lots of characters (Even Johnny Sasaki!)
- Tons of MGS4 info (w00t! New area revealed for me. Looks insane.)
- Sniper Wolf nude :/

People should buy this just for the art, they're that damn good.

tha_con

Banned
So, Chuck Norris just released a list of the top 10 things this game will do:

Numbers 1,3,5,7, and 9: Kick Ass.

Numbers 2,4,6,8, and 10? Take Names.

(shamelessly stolen from John Stewart)

Magnus

Just hit
Act 3
and I am in love.

If I have only one complaint, and only one, it's the load times, especially the 2-3 min installs at certain intervals. Small complaint. Game of the year.

Laughing Octopus was win.

Soundtrack's fantastic.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
patsu said:
Isn't that some sort of Konami surprise planned for launch ?

Yep. I assumed it was the podcast, but it has already been discovered. I guess it's something else. No clue about that.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Quick question. I have the LE preordered at my local Gamestop. I got the MGS Saga 2 dvd way back, but are there any other preorder bonuses I should know about (beyond what comes packed in normally with the LE)?

Oh, and I have no intention of hitting up the store at midnight. They'll hold my shit until tomorrow, right?

Thanks.

SamuraiX-

Y2Kev said:
GRAAHHH I CAN'T PLAY ANYTHING EVERYTHING IS SHITTY

IT'S ALL SHITTY

METAL GEAR SAVE ME NOW

I've just started playing DMC4 for the first time after it's been on my shelf for hella months. Anytime I beat a mission, or fail, whichever comes first, I immediately check back at this thread. I really want to have fun with the game... but knowing MGS4 will be (BETTER FUCKING BE) in my hands within 16 hours makes it reeeeaaaal hard.

-_-

Woo-Fu

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
So is it 100% confirmed that MGO is locked between regions?

I hope so. The one goofball running around with a 200ms ping and the resulting lag-armor is a pain in the ass in the age of client-side prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom