• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Mejilan said:
Quick question. I have the LE preordered at my local Gamestop. I got the MGS Saga 2 dvd way back, but are there any other preorder bonuses I should know about (beyond what comes packed in normally with the LE)?

Oh, and I have no intention of hitting up the store at midnight. They'll hold my shit until tomorrow, right?

Thanks.

$5 off strategy guide.
 
I just started to clean up and get ready for tomorrow, when I realized something. I still haven't gotten my gamestop call. I also, for some reason can't find my pre-order receipt in the stop its supposed to be. This GS are totally boned me before and made me produce a receipt because it wasn't in their system. At least I know what i'm doing for the next 12 hours, freak out and tear my place apart. ARRRRRRR
 
Mejilan said:
Quick question. I have the LE preordered at my local Gamestop. I got the MGS Saga 2 dvd way back, but are there any other preorder bonuses I should know about (beyond what comes packed in normally with the LE)?

Oh, and I have no intention of hitting up the store at midnight. They'll hold my shit until tomorrow, right?

Thanks.

I'm in the same boat, and don't think I can justify to the wife going over to snag it at midnight (nor do I really need to).

Is there a trade in bonus though? If so, I should dump so of my shit.
 
Is the 80GB MGS4 bundle suppossed to be really limited?

As in, could I buy one in 2 weeks? Or would they be gone? Seems like they'd want to do multiple shipments if they sell out quickly..
 

Duke Togo

Member
BobTheFork said:
I just started to clean up and get ready for tomorrow, when I realized something. I still haven't gotten my gamestop call. I also, for some reason can't find my pre-order receipt in the stop its supposed to be. This GS are totally boned me before and made me produce a receipt because it wasn't in their system. At least I know what i'm doing for the next 12 hours, freak out and tear my place apart. ARRRRRRR
:lol
 

TwIsTeD

Member
holy shit bundle has shipped and will arrive on fri :lol :lol :lol :lol i dont think ill beat the game on my ps3 by then ....maybe?
 
BobTheFork said:
I just started to clean up and get ready for tomorrow, when I realized something. I still haven't gotten my gamestop call. I also, for some reason can't find my pre-order receipt in the stop its supposed to be. This GS are totally boned me before and made me produce a receipt because it wasn't in their system. At least I know what i'm doing for the next 12 hours, freak out and tear my place apart. ARRRRRRR

Don't worry, it's in their system as long as you ordered at that store. I never hold onto my receipt, even though i know i should.
 
Woo-Fu said:
I hope so. The one goofball running around with a 200ms ping and the resulting lag-armor is a pain in the ass in the age of client-side prediction.

Hey it's not like you aren't going to be playing with laggers who have crappy COX cable connections and shit even within the states. D:
 

Draft

Member
SonOfABeep said:
Is the 80GB MGS4 bundle suppossed to be really limited?

As in, could I buy one in 2 weeks? Or would they be gone? Seems like they'd want to do multiple shipments if they sell out quickly..
Sounds like just the opposite. Really limited. Get while the getting's good.
 

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bob, just call them. I have no call but called and they said they have them right now. I have no midnight launch though :(

That's me too DrWho.
 

Draft

Member
And holy shit, CC just shipped my MGS4 PS3 bundle. Almost doesn't seem real.

edit: Ho ho ho, and charged my credit card twice, natch :lol
 
Superblatt said:
Don't worry, it's in their system as long as you ordered at that store. I never hold onto my receipt, even though i know i should.
Well, its happened before. Once wil KH2 and then again with Ninja Gaiden sigma. I had my sigma receipt but with KH2 I actaully had to go back to my house from across town and get the receipt because for some reason they couldn't confirm it :p
Going to check my car.
 

tha_con

Banned
 

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
TTP said:
In the in-game iPod.
TTP since you've played the game through have you heard the in-game podcast? Just yes or no is fine, I don't want to know if it's unlockable or downloadable or something.
 

traveler

Not Wario
Ok, so I just called Walmart and the dude said they wouldn't be giving out the giftcards with the MGS4 bundle. WTF. I have the physical ad right here in front of me and it clearly says "ANY Blu-ray Player"- how can they possibly refuse to give it to me?
 

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
sykoex said:
TTP since you've played the game through have you heard the in-game podcast? Just yes or no is fine, I don't want to know if it's unlockable or downloadable or something.

Yes
 

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DoctorWho said:
Bwah, Anyone else in the "one more sleep till MGS4" group? No midnight launches close to me.
I have a midnight launch but I don't think I'll be able to attend. Fuck life!
 

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Just going back over last nights play time in my head earlier, I want to explain a little more as to why this game impressed me so much from the very beginning. Is that Kojima is finally starting to figure out how to reconcile having long cutscenes within a game. No longer does it seem that I'm being taken out of the game world as there are always constant reminders "Hey, you're in the game." Things like Snake's health meter popping up when he shoots a gun, cutscenes transitioning directly into gameplay, all these little indications that the cut-scenes are still cutscenes, but they are no longer separate from the game you are playing. It's a small touch, but it goes a LONG way to keeping me from just putting the controller down and going to the bathroom.


Now to piss off a few people: It's all very post modern. (And I say this actually knowing what the term means)


Anywho, I can't wait to play more tonight. All my classes got canceled so I'm kinda just sitting around today waiting.
 

patsu

Member
DoctorWho said:
Bwah, Anyone else in the "one more sleep till MGS4" group? No midnight launches close to me.

Same here. Can't attend because I need to be at another place. I can almost smell my game now.
 

Volcynika

Member
traveler said:
Ok, so I just called Walmart and the dude said they wouldn't be giving out the giftcards with the MGS4 bundle. WTF. I have the physical ad right here in front of me and it clearly says "ANY Blu-ray Player"- how can they possibly refuse to give it to me?

I say raise hell! I'm gonna have the ad with me when I *hopefully* get mine.
 

traveler

Not Wario
If all else fails, I guess I can just buy the 40gb version since they, apparently, will be giving away giftcards with it, and then use the giftcard to get the game. :/
 

Tiduz

Eurogaime
The Faceless Master said:
wtf is this?

http://i28.tinypic.com/2egeeiq.jpg
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/2jf14sn.jpg

big image -> [url][b]http://i32.tinypic.com/2b1574.jpg[/url][/QUOTE][/b]

*boing*
 

Novid

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Just going back over last nights play time in my head earlier, I want to explain a little more as to why this game impressed me so much from the very beginning. Is that Kojima is finally starting to figure out how to reconcile having long cutscenes within a game. No longer does it seem that I'm being taken out of the game world as there are always constant reminders "Hey, you're in the game." Things like Snake's health meter popping up when he shoots a gun, cutscenes transitioning directly into gameplay, all these little indications that the cut-scenes are still cutscenes, but they are no longer separate from the game you are playing. It's a small touch, but it goes a LONG way to keeping me from just putting the controller down and going to the bathroom.


Now to piss off a few people: It's all very post modern. (And I say this actually knowing what the term means)


Anywho, I can't wait to play more tonight. All my classes got canceled so I'm kinda just sitting around today waiting.

Post modern in the sense;
Xenogears Postmodern?
or in the sense
we all gonna die and theres no time left postmodern
 

KZObsessed

Member
Volcynika said:
My Wal-Mart is offering the gift card with it.

What else should I get if I am successful. Uncharted seems like a good idea.

oh definitely Uncharted. Just an amazing game, and very unique.
 

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Volcynika said:
My Wal-Mart is offering the gift card with it.

What else should I get if I am successful. Uncharted seems like a good idea.
You wouldn't be going wrong with that. Not any other game like that this gen.
 

SamuraiX-

Member
6 hours until MGS4 is officially released in California, West Coast Time...
16 hours until I have the game in my hands...
7 hours left of conscious waiting time...

I am seriously about to crack. If those fools down at GameStop dare try to not allow me to walk out of that store tomorrow morning with a LE MGS4 copy and LE MGS4 strat guide in hand, you all best keep an eye on your international news channels, because I WILL be raising some fucking Hell. >:O
 

acevans2

Member
About that online sign-in screencap....

do you really have to log into a GAME ID to play MGO? Does it not just bring up the normal PSN sign-in screen? If so, :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom