• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5: TPP Pre-load up on PSN

Wait it goes live at 12AM EST now? The store page is lying to me?

GAF CONVINCE ME NOT TO DOUBLE DIP FOR DIGITAL BECAUSE I DON'T TRUST AMAZON TO SHIP IT TO ME ON RELEASE DAY

Afrodium

Banned
Wait it goes live at 12AM EST now? The store page is lying to me?

GAF CONVINCE ME NOT TO DOUBLE DIP FOR DIGITAL BECAUSE I DON'T TRUST AMAZON TO SHIP IT TO ME ON RELEASE DAY

Amazon will ship it to you on release day. Don't pay twice the amount of the game just for a few extra hours. That's a stupid way to spend money.

My timer says it's 1d 6 hours and 44 minutes until unlock. Not sure if its EDT or PST

It is 12AM EST. It is in the Store

Both the web store and PS4 store say midnight PST for me. Is it a US store thing? Actually maybe I'll just wait it out until the afternoon then. Last time this happened to me was with COD AW, where after an update the timer was updated to it being unlocked at 12AM EST instead of PST

rvj7Pgu.png

Vire

Both the web store and PS4 store say midnight PST for me. Is it a US store thing? Actually maybe I'll just wait it out until the afternoon then. Last time this happened to me was with COD AW, where after an update the timer was updated to it being unlocked at 12AM EST instead of PST
You seriously can't wait a few more hours?... You waited since some 7 odd years for a Metal Gear numbered sequel and you can't wait till the next day?

GAF is weird sometimes.

Is the download just one file? Are the pre order bonuses already included? Well, except for the theme

I think it was just one. I'm US PST, not sure if that changes anything. My pre-order stuff says installed. I hope there's another download cause this was only 5 gb and I don't want to wait all night tomorrow.

EDIT: Full game download started as soon as the pre-order stuff finished.

Gurish

You seriously can't wait a few more hours?... You waited since some 7 odd years for a Metal Gear numbered sequel and you can't wait till the next day?

GAF is weird sometimes.

It's absolutely insane how irrational people can be in here.
Even if you have the extra money it's just crazy to double dip in order to save a few hours.

Maybe my culture is different than others but it seems so odd from my perspective.

sja_626

16:13h til unlock and no preload. Sigh. It's not going to happen is it. Once again, by the time the PSN Europe team gets around to making the preload available it will already be released in Aus/NZ.

Natels

They changed it.

Nooooooooooooo

Amazon will ship it to you on release day.
My record with Amazon's release day shipping is about 60%. I remember it being particularly bad when Reach came out - as I had accidentally pre-ordered it twice, on two different occasions (d'oh!) - and both of those separate shipments were delayed due to nonsense reasons.

All I'd say is don't rely upon it or take vacation days off of that release day delivery promise.

usp84

God damn i didnt have enough funds in my pre paid card so now i have to go to the bank tommorow morning. This means i will have 14-15 hours tops to pre-load the game and play it at midnight.

Hope PSN speeds dont dissapoint me, i calculated that a speed of just over 500kb/s will be enough but you can never know

Fuck

hwy_61

Banned
God damn i didnt have enough funds in my pre paid card so now i have to go to the bank tommorow morning. This means i will have 14-15 hours tops to pre-load the game and play it at midnight.

Hope PSN speeds dont dissapoint me, i calculated that a speed of just over 500kb/s will be enough but you can never know

Fuck

don't forget about that day one patch

lol

hwy_61

Banned
Play on 09-01-2015, Midnight Pacific Time. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.

Thats on the playstation store page.

fucking bullshit if thats the real time.

Play on 09-01-2015, Midnight Pacific Time. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.

Thats on the playstation store page.

fucking bullshit if thats the real time.

Hell yeah. I would buy it right now but i'm affraid it's going to be the 3am eastern BS

JayEH

On the timer, it says the game will unlock 12 AM EST. As long as the timer stays like that you're good.

hwy_61

Banned
On the timer, it says the game will unlock 12 AM EST. As long as the timer stays like that you're good.

why does the timer say one thing, but PSN says another? is that how its always been? Destiny is the only game i bought on PSN, but I never paid attention to the exact release time.

I live on the east coast, and it unlocks at 12am my time according to the timer, despite the 12am pst tag on the playstation store.

Now that I'm back home I can also confirm with my countdown timer it'll be unlocking at 11PM tomorrow Standard Time. I don't know why the store page says PST but I'd trust the countdown timer more

JayEH

why does the timer say one thing, but PSN says another? is that how its always been? Destiny is the only game i bought on PSN, but I never paid attention to the exact release time.

The timer originally was set to 12 PM PT as well but they changed it to 12 AM EST a week or two ago. I'm guessing they just forgot to change the store page info.

Rynam

Now that I'm back home I can also confirm with my countdown timer it'll be unlocking at 11PM tomorrow Standard Time. I don't know why the store page says PST but I'd trust the countdown timer more

The weird thing is, one page of the PS Store says ET, another one PST. I think they just didn't change the writing on the store page after the moved the timer from 12PST to 12ET a week or two ago.

Top Bottom