• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Metal Gear Solid cast has reunited for an unknown project

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Dec 21, 2013
Recife, Brasil
Top 10 Greatest Ensembles Ever (no particular order)
- Friends
- Community
- Metal Gear Solid voice actors
- Red Dead Redemption 2 voice actors
- Flash FM from GTA: Vice City
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Smash Bros Ultimate
- original id Software developers
- Ocean's Thirteen
- Predator (1987)

Reactions: SuperBabyMethod

BRZBlue

Sep 7, 2018
But no Quinton Flynn, so this problably is a Metal Gear Solid Remake?!
But, why is Lori Alan (The Boss) and why Robin Atkin Dowes (Kaz) involved.... la li lu le lo god dammit
They might just be using Kaz for Miller. Miller is one of the people you can talk to via codec before its revealed its really Liquid.

Heck, flashbacks with Snake getting some training from Miller wouldn't be that far off.

As for Lori Alan. REX AI voice? Ocelot flashback?

Reactions: Ozrimandias

triplestation

Dec 23, 2008
NYC
if this turns out to be a cute little nothing then damn

bryan cranston and aaron paul teased some shit in the past that backfired because it turned out to be a fucking tequila they branded together

Kev Kev

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
sweet memories

but no VR, no BUY
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Ozrimandias

Jun 21, 2018
They might just be using Kaz for Miller. Miller is one of the people you can talk to via codec before its revealed its really Liquid.

Heck, flashbacks with Snake getting some training from Miller wouldn't be that far off.

As for Lori Alan. REX AI voice? Ocelot flashback?
But Cam Clarke did the voice of Kaz in Metal Gear Solid, and if you compare the voice of Robin Atkin and Cam Clarke, they're pretty similar.....in fact, Robin did the voice of Liquid in Ground Zeroes and it sounds like the voice of Cam Clarke.

Oct 2, 2017
I still have these VAs forever etched into my brain, especially Hayter.

Metal Gear!?!
Meryl!
Ghyahh Ahhhhh Ahhhh Ahhh >>>>>>>>>>>Doo do dah do do Dah Dah Dah ...Snaaaaaake! (gunshot sound)

Reactions: SuperBabyMethod

Gunslinger

Sep 29, 2014
If they are remaking 1 is it going to be like twin snakes? It broke lot of the game and made it too easy.

Guilty_AI

Apr 12, 2020
It's a good idea if it's not exclusive, at least bring it to the PC!
Holy shit please god let it be true.

I always wanted to play older mgs games but are too damn outdated now
They aren't outdated just because of graphics.
It'd be impossible to make a remake that doesn't feel outdated without making it completely different from the original.

Retinoid

Dec 13, 2019
People need to temper their expectations a bit. We know nothing about this "project" or even if it's an official project at all beyond a simple tweet from Hayter. It could easily be some weird fan project or just a reunion of some kind to celebrate the series. Speculating that this is a brand new game/remake of MGS1 is dangerous at this point and you're only setting yourself for potential disappointment if you do.

Mar 20, 2013
Kaz and Boss are not in the original though.

Then it casts doubt it's about that.
FFVIIR enters the room and wipes it's arse on the carpet.
I think it's safe to say that if we get a MGS remake it won't be a glorified remaster like SotC and Demons Souls. MGSs level design is antique and needs to be extensivly overhauled if they do a remake.

I generally think that if they get Metal Gear back from the dead Bluepoint would be better off doing a remake of the original Metal Gear. Not only can they do whatever they want to do here (except sticking to the main plot I guess) but they have to. And if this remake works and fans accept it they can move further.
Yeah from a business standpoint there'd be familarity & demand from fans for MGS1 remake but we all no its not the right thing to do.

They'll either do a fucked up complete, sandbox reimagining of MGS like FF7R because you cant make a contemporary game out of those small areas of Shadow Moses or it's going to be a remake of MG1/2 or even a retcon prequel to MGS, Featuring the cast of the shadow moses incident making cameos for fan service or even replacing the cheesy bosses of MG1/2.

FrankWza

Feb 14, 2013
People will be disappointed. Ground breaking at the time but the game is incredibly short without the cutscenes and codec conversations.
if it’s a real remake it’s going to need lots of expanded areas, objectives and bosses.
Maybe. But I bought ground zeroes day 1 (gamers club)and loved it. No regrets. Played the crap out of it.

Reactions: EDMIX

KOS MOS

Nov 2, 2018
Just looks like one of those "Reunion" youtube videos. Rather than a game project.

Always great to see a voice acting cast without Troy Baker though (y)
I wish he would go back to jrpg dubs instead of this hollywood naughty dog stuff.

Aug 30, 2014
But Cam Clarke did the voice of Kaz in Metal Gear Solid, and if you compare the voice of Robin Atkin and Cam Clarke, they're pretty similar.....in fact, Robin did the voice of Liquid in Ground Zeroes and it sounds like the voice of Cam Clarke.
Wait, Liquid was in Ground Zeroes?

Aug 26, 2018
What did you guys expect lol. No big house announced this, to make you think they are creating something. Just keeping themselves relevant.