• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid cast has reunited for an unknown project

bitbydeath

Hype!
David Hayter tweeted out the screenshot of the Zoom call, which included a veritable who's who of Metal Gear Solid alumni. Hayter promised "details coming soon" regarding what the Zoom call actually entails, but here's who was involved from the Metal Gear Solid family:

• David Hayter - Solid Snake
  • Debi Mae West - Meryl Silverburgh
  • Robin Atkin Downes - Kazuhira Miller
  • Christopher Randolph - Otacon/Huey
  • Tasia Valenza - Sniper Wolf
  • Cam Clarke - Liquid Snake
  • Paul Eiding - Roy Campbell
  • Josh Keaton - Major Ocelot
  • Lori Alan - The Boss
  • Jennifer Hale - Naomi Hunter
The other members of the Zoom call include a rep for Celebrity Talent Booking and what looks like some members of the press, which suggests that something big could come from this.

Kev Kev

giphy.gif

• Lori Alan - The Boss
fuck. yes.

Last edited:
Go Bluepoint!

I'm still very confident both Metal Gear Solid Remake and Silent Hill reboot are both coming exclusively to PS5.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Are we really wanting MGS remake? What about continuing the franchise so bluepoint can create their own game, wouldn't that be better?

I never understand this mentality. What makes you so sure that an original game from Bluepoint would be any good? Yes they're good at remakes but that's like assuming a basketball player will be good at football.

There's very few devs, if any, that I'd trust to create a fitting MGS sequel, least of all Bluepoint who haven't made an original game in a decade. Do they even have any good storytellers there?

There's tons of great devs out there capable of making excellent new games. Bluepoint are one of a handful of studios excellent at remastering classics. Let them serve that purpose and fill a much needed hole in the market.

I'll take a remake any day because it's guaranteed to be exceptional.

Also, the case do projects together all the time. No guarantees this is related to the remake, especially when you have The Boss and Miller's actor there.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Are we really wanting MGS remake? What about continuing the franchise so bluepoint can create their own game, wouldn't that be better?
Yes, a new game would be better. Not sure how that would work without Kojima, but I'd like to see it.

I am not so sure about a remake. The thing that made MGS 1/2/3 interesting was the progression and the story in addition to the boss battles. It's hard to relive the first 2 so the experience is not as great. That said, why not give the youngsters a chance to play through them in a state that is up to par with modern games? It's a relatively safe bet for Sony and Konami. I don't get why the voice would need to be redone.

ManaByte

Gold Member
How do you do the Psycho Mantis fight with wireless controllers?

Or the codec frequency hidden on the box with digital copies?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member

I think it's safe to say that if we get a MGS remake it won't be a glorified remaster like SotC and Demons Souls. MGSs level design is antique and needs to be extensivly overhauled if they do a remake.

I generally think that if they get Metal Gear back from the dead Bluepoint would be better off doing a remake of the original Metal Gear. Not only can they do whatever they want to do here (except sticking to the main plot I guess) but they have to. And if this remake works and fans accept it they can move further.

GrayDock

The first one is trick, but they could swap the analog L/R functions and/or some buttons.
And the codec could be in a digital manual or something.

But I think that the first MGS is a "short" game by todays standards for a full $60/70 game. Unless they add a lot of places not in the original or they make a collection with MGS1/2.

Thabass

It's hard to think that this is a Remake announcement when Lori Alan is there. Interested to see what they're up to anyway.

On this one I think Bluepoint should remake MGS1 and 2 at the same time. Otherwise MGS1 is really short even if you keep the cutscenes. Either that or do a massive project and remake MGS 1-3 package it as ultimate bundle, and also get MGS4 to be on PS5 with some minor updates.

But I ain't paying 70USD for a sole MGS1 remake, unless they add content to it... which doesn't seem likely considering DES didn't have any cut content restored.

SkylineRKR

It would be nice if its the trilogy.

Bluepoint isn't about expanding their remakes, MGS is rather short. Esp. the first one. Maybe they Demon's Souls all 3.

mortal

Gold Member
Had I not already seen Shadow Moses remade several times already I would be more excited by the prospects of another MGS remake.
A MGS2 remake would've been considerably more exciting imo.

Either way, Bluepoint haven proven themselves time and time again, so it should be solid if they are indeed the ones working on this.

Last edited:

artsi

RE2 remake is short but with great replay value and it's very fun to platinum.
Actually all the modern RE games (2,3,7) are the same.

I wouldn't mind MGS remake to be compact, it can have a lot of optional challenges to give it replay value.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
RE2 remake is short but with great replay value and it's very fun to platinum.
Actually all the modern RE games (2,3,7) are the same.

I wouldn't mind MGS remake to be compact, it can have a lot of optional challenges to give it replay value.
Totally. Just give us a playable Cyborg Ninja outfit and sword to replay the game with 500 times.
Of course I'd like to see the whole series remade, but I'll take what I can get.

Top Bottom