• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Logged into TPP for the first time this month and was pleasantly surprised by all of the additions made to the single-player along with the tweaks made to FOB. Quite a few weapons and items and a more engaging FOB interface, including the ability to visit the FOBs of Ally Combatants.

I don't care what anybody says. MGS4 has the best ending in the whole series. In fact its probably the best video game ending of all time.
Logged into TPP for the first time this month and was pleasantly surprised by all of the additions made to the single-player along with the tweaks made to FOB. Quite a few weapons and items and a more engaging FOB interface, including the ability to visit the FOBs of Ally Combatants.
Yeah everybody likes to whine about microtransactions but theres actually been a lot of cool stuff added to the game.

-Deimos

I don't care what anybody says. MGS4 has the best ending in the whole series. In fact its probably the best video game ending of all time.

Yeah everybody likes to whine about microtransactions but theres actually been a lot of cool stuff added to the game.

1351024595994.gif

JayEH

Yeah the microtranscations don't seem to be affecting the game as much as others believe it to be. All of the additions they've made far have been cool but it is kinda shitty when the servers are down and you lose a lot of GMP and resources. That's the only change I very actively dislike. MGS4 does have an awesome ending too. It's an awesome game that has some problems (just like every other game in the series).

malfcn

I set a reward from a challenge as my background on Xbox and thought it was nice and could be used for a PC.
Looks just like below, but it is just the Diamond Dogs logo. Don't know how to find it though.

Time to replay mgs2. The best MGS :^)
Yeah the microtranscations don't seem to be affecting the game as much as others believe it to be. All of the additions they've made far have been cool but it is kinda shitty when the servers are down and you lose a lot of GMP and resources. That's the only change I very actively dislike. MGS4 does have an awesome ending too. It's an awesome game that has some problems (just like every other game in the series).
Yeah I wish the GMP you got was actually the GMP you get instead of some of them going to online resources.
But yeah I feel like a lot of the people complaining haven't even played the game or played FOBs
Just beat mission 31 last night.

Da fuq.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Didju rike it?

I agree. MGS4's ending was an emotional roller coaster and a great sendoff for Solid Snake and the Metal Gear series.

Microtransactions in MGSV have never felt problematic to me. The amount of new options for platform-specific base upgrades is quite staggering. Each platform strives to serve a greater purpose now with this latest patch.

Saven

Banned
I had a dream that

I was playing MGSV, went up a few stairs and got a message that Chapter 3 has been unlocked. I was so stunned that I had to go to Gaf to confirm if it wasn't a glitch, but I couldn't get to Gaf for some reason. And then I woke up. :(

brau

I had a dream that

I was playing MGSV, went up a few stairs and got a message that Chapter 3 has been unlocked. I was so stunned that I had to go to Gaf to confirm if it wasn't a glitch, but I couldn't get to Gaf for some reason. And then I woke up. :(

:O

Should've checked twitter.

Sometimes I get an itch to start up MGSV again because playing the game feels so damn good. But there's just not many interesting areas to want to dive back into the world.

They really should have had a few Ground Zeroes type areas. They could have been different locations separate from Afghanistan and Africa. The Lufwa Valley is one of the best areas in the game because it's almost separate from the rest of the map. It has identity and personality. The game needed more of that.

bigb0ss

Banned
I got 100% in the main menu (all offline). Now to just go for the 3 online trophies...

I just got the FOB mission trophy which was quick, now I want to do the deterrence and disarmament trophies. I started developing the nuke and looks like it will take a while, do I need to be online the whole time for development to continue, or can I be offline and just chill in the chopper?

JayEH

I got 100% in the main menu (all offline). Now to just go for the 3 online trophies...

I just got the FOB mission trophy which was quick, now I want to do the deterrence and disarmament trophies. I started developing the nuke and looks like it will take a while, do I need to be online the whole time for development to continue, or can I be offline and just chill in the chopper?

For the nuke it's in game time so it doesn't matter if you're on or offline.

Erigu

Such an odd detail to change.
Just a correction (since Eva did disappear in 1968, according to Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater).
Does the timeline still state that Dr. Clark died in 2005? That would be another mistake to fix (unless it's supposed to be a retcon, but I'm not sure why they'd change that).

Kinda sad that there's a whole community of people in denial and cant admit that the ending sucked so they hold on to the hope that there's more to MGSV
MGS3 has the best ending in the whole series.

But MGS4 is the ending MGS deserved as a whole.
Tbh MGS1-4 have awesome endings.
PW is where it went downhill.
And MGSV had no ending ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Houndi101

Im starting to realize I'm such an apologist for the "story" of MGSV and Kojima
I want to think that Kojima knew exactly what he was doing by fucking us over and making us feel the Phantom Pain(tm) for 2 weeks after completing the game.
By now I'm totally fine with the narrative and that we weren't the factor of BBs downfall but his object...

Im starting to realize I'm such an apologist for the "story" of MGSV and Kojima
I want to think that Kojima knew exactly what he was doing by fucking us over and making us feel the Phantom Pain(tm) for 2 weeks after completing the game.
By now I'm totally fine with the narrative and that we weren't the factor of BBs downfall but his object...

I want more of MGSV, regardless of when it takes place, because it's a great game.

I like the ending but know it's over.

Too many inconsistencies. Too many coincidences. Too many hints. NBGO!
article_post_width_ss__2015-09-10_at_07.33.00_.png
tbh I agree with all of you

Anth0ny

I like (not love) the ending to MGSV but the fact that it doesn't bridge the gap between V and MG1 and knowing Kojima is gone forever is the shits

BadWolf

Loved MGSV's ending, closes the loop on the series extremely well.

The only major missing link in the series' story imo is what happened with Raiden/Sunny between MGS2 and MGS4 and how he managed to lose everything below his upper jaw.

Neiteio

Don't know if you guys saw this, but Finale Fireworker posted an awesome writeup on the torture scene in MGS1. One of those sequences where gameplay and narrative coalesce perfectly at the meta level. It's unfortunate the thread will no doubt be buried by the endless parade of news on the main page, so I wanted to mention it here. :)

Platinum is why we didn't get that in the first place -_-

That is what MGR was supposed to be about until they asked for the story to be rewritten to take place after MGS4.

It was for the best. We don't need every single second in between games filled out. Imagine how much more shit people would have given MGR if they thought it had more of an effect on the MGS timeline.

Top Bottom