• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

OldLogos

Banned
Sorry but...I think nobody cares for this. You keep posting status about this stuff, but I think at least here there are not people caring about the fact it's impossible to get the ending because some nukes can't be dismantled. You even opened a thread. I don't say you shouldn't do it, you stated your point and you did a good thing, but keeping posting status here hoping for Konami to fix the issue (because we GAF users can't do nothing about) is useless.

idk man, i find it interesting. it's not like there's much else going on around here...

Nvzman

I was looking through my old posts, and I saw this thread, and remembered the MGSV hype. I miss those days so much, anticipating this game with you guys.
I still put over +300 hours into the game, and re-buying the game on PC recently helped quite a bit too. I love it so much, even what little story is there I liked a lot.
But it's so depressing that we'll never see another great Metal Gear Solid game with Solid Snake or Big Boss again.
Heck, I can't find a single game that I'm even remotely hyped for at all, MGSV was one of the only games I've ever really been hyped for, and I feel like it delivered pretty well (sans the story). I wish another game franchise existed that had such intricate gameplay and fantastic characters like Solid Snake.

I was looking through my old posts, and I saw this thread, and remembered the MGSV hype. I miss those days so much, anticipating this game with you guys.
I still put over +300 hours into the game, and re-buying the game on PC recently helped quite a bit too. I love it so much, even what little story is there I liked a lot.
But it's so depressing that we'll never see another great Metal Gear Solid game with Solid Snake or Big Boss again.
Heck, I can't find a single game that I'm even remotely hyped for at all, MGSV was one of the only games I've ever really been hyped for, and I feel like it delivered pretty well (sans the story). I wish another game franchise existed that had such intricate gameplay and fantastic characters like Solid Snake.

There's no reason to believe that Death Stranding won't fill this void. As much as I love MGS. Kojima has been handcuffed by MGS and its lore. He has blatantly stated in the past that he shoe-horned his ideas into MGS games because that was the only way for him to get a big budget for it from Konami. Now the cuffs are off, and there won't be any complaints about continuity or character inconsistencies.

Plus they are using Guerilla's engine. a lot of the groundwork is laid out already. I think people expecting Death Stranding to take more than a few years are mistaken. The only time Kojima has ever taken longer than a few years between games is because he was developing new tech from the ground up (MGS4 and V). 2019, 2020 at the latest.

OldLogos

Banned

sadsnakesalute.gif

Drake

You know I gotta go back and beat this. I'm about 75% of the way through it. If every stealth game played as good as this I would LOVE the stealth genre. More often then not though I find myself frustrated with the majority of stealth games.

Javier23

Banned
I think people expecting Death Stranding to take more than a few years are mistaken.
I mean, no one is really expecting this to take more than a few years. Is there anyone expecting this will take, what, a decade? We all know how long it takes to develop a game. I hope.

Rean

Does anyone still play MGSV multiplayer? I thought it was okay from what I've played of it, I would've put way more time into it if there was co-op stealth missions you could do.

Was anyone else confused about Troy Baker's ocelot? How he is seemingly channeling Pat Zimmerman in the cutsenes, but then has a southern drawl in the tapes and radio?

well....I asked him about it at NYCC! and he genuinely didn't know what I was talking about. He was super nice and basically seemed confused by my question, but then said that it was recorded over a very long period of time, and specifically mentioned the cinematics vs. "the motherbase stuff" so i'm not sure if the voice direction was changed and they intended to go back and redo the cinematics? seems like a huge oversight, and it's blatantly obvious to me. but it was cool to confirm that it wasn't something the man himself was congnizant of during development.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
riNj2oh.gif

BROTHERS! The age of Outer-GAF is over. It's been a pleasure been with you guys. And while GAF may never come back together, rest assure a new ERA is upon us.

Sorry but...I think nobody cares for this. You keep posting status about this stuff, but I think at least here there are not people caring about the fact it's impossible to get the ending because some nukes can't be dismantled. You even opened a thread. I don't say you shouldn't do it, you stated your point and you did a good thing, but keeping posting status here hoping for Konami to fix the issue (because we GAF users can't do nothing about) is useless.

************************************************************************************************************

Oct 17th - First person to reach 1st in PF Grade AAA+ on the PS3

I managed to finally reach AAA+ on the PS3 and came in 1st and 2nd simultaneously! For those who doubt that Permanent Nukes exist and still think that I am making all this up: do you honestly believe that someone who managed to be the 1st into the top grade with two accounts after 2 years would not be able to see the PF stats of nuke-holders and understand what is really going on? If you think I am making up Permanent Nukes you have to ask yourself one question: Why would I waste so much time on a 'joke' that is not even remotely humorous? What exactly is my endgame?

DOGh9LTX4AE_C0o.jpg

Anyways, now that AAA+ has been reached on the PS3 and it is the final grade it will fill up with more and more people because there is no higher grade to move into: the top 3 in each group will stay in AAA+. This means that in a few months I will start encountering more and more people in larger and larger groups (eventually up to groups of 16 again). Since I have two accounts I will sometimes see two groups per week and so will likely start encountering more derelict accounts still holding nukes. Hopefully I will encounter many of the ones I have already mentioned in this document so I will be able to confirm whether or not Konami has done anything about fixing this situation. Their weekly nuke-count graphs certainly suggest they have not done anything.

I inquired again about the situation of Permanent Nukes to Konami’s inquiries department nearly a month ago and after they made some initial requests for more information I have not heard anything back. I will try contacting them again next week and see if I can get an update.

Hastatus

^To be fair, I don't think he was doubting you in the least; only questioning what point it served. I would guess he actually believes and give credit to everything you've said, but is just saying, 'it doesn't matter; everyone and Konami has moved on.'

That said, I still play MGS V regularly so at the very least, I've not moved on. I rarely engage in FOBs but there's rarely a week I don't raid Afghanistan or Angola-Zaire, and I'd be lying if I don't hope that somehow, every extra soldier I recruit or 'rank' I gain or PF battles win, somehow helps or contributes in some way to disarmament and 'peace.'

It's this sort of distant carrot that I don't actually expect to be caught, but just the rumour of it -- the unlikely possibility of it -- is enough to give some sliver of meaning to continued play. Like, the original Ashbringer in WoW, reviving Aeris in VII, a Shen Long of SF -- you know it's pointless or futile and not grounded in reality, but you retain this sliver of hope, if only as willing delusions because it gives meaning to playing the game once again for the Nth time. And, to be sure, much of my hundreds of hours are, at best, chasing Diamond Dogs delusions of grandeur.

So, in that context, I appreciate these posts as fuel -- or, if you will, processed fuel /grin -- for said delusions~

Blueingreen

After playing MGS 2, I want a Metal Gear Maker with MGS 2 assets, MGS2 is possibly my favourite game of all time with that being said it was highly flawed the game was far too streamlined in it's level design, I can only imagine what a bigger big shell could have been like with more open level design approach, am I on my own with this Metal Gear Gaf ?

Oemenia

Banned
Quick question, just how many of the side-ops are available in Chapter 1? The game has a rhythm to it but I honestly don't want to ruin the main-ops by doing to many side-ips because the gameplay can get so repetitive.

Also I only plan on finish Chapter 1 and do Chapter 2 much later but will there be more cutscenes? So far they have been few but presented really well. Also at first I was rinsing through the tapes but there are only unlocking very rarely now, will there be an increase later on?

************************************************************************************************************

Oct 17th - First person to reach 1st in PF Grade AAA+ on the PS3

I managed to finally reach AAA+ on the PS3 and came in 1st and 2nd simultaneously! For those who doubt that Permanent Nukes exist and still think that I am making all this up: do you honestly believe that someone who managed to be the 1st into the top grade with two accounts after 2 years would not be able to see the PF stats of nuke-holders and understand what is really going on? If you think I am making up Permanent Nukes you have to ask yourself one question: Why would I waste so much time on a 'joke' that is not even remotely humorous? What exactly is my endgame?

DOGh9LTX4AE_C0o.jpg

Anyways, now that AAA+ has been reached on the PS3 and it is the final grade it will fill up with more and more people because there is no higher grade to move into: the top 3 in each group will stay in AAA+. This means that in a few months I will start encountering more and more people in larger and larger groups (eventually up to groups of 16 again). Since I have two accounts I will sometimes see two groups per week and so will likely start encountering more derelict accounts still holding nukes. Hopefully I will encounter many of the ones I have already mentioned in this document so I will be able to confirm whether or not Konami has done anything about fixing this situation. Their weekly nuke-count graphs certainly suggest they have not done anything.

I inquired again about the situation of Permanent Nukes to Konami’s inquiries department nearly a month ago and after they made some initial requests for more information I have not heard anything back. I will try contacting them again next week and see if I can get an update.

Hastatus

Permanent Nukes on MGSV: TPP PS3 (and other consoles?) by reddit user /u/Hastatus_Atratus

A Reply from Konami Customer Support - November 10 2017:

After a few more back and forth emails to Konami on the issue of the Permanent Nukes I received the following reply on October 31st:

Hello.

Thank you for contacting KONAMI Customer Support.

We understand your sentiments in this matter, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regarding your concern, please be informed that we will conduct an investigation with the department in-charge based on the contents received.

Nonetheless, once we are able to prepare information that we can announce regarding this matter, we will notify you within the game.

We apologize for not being able to provide a definite response in this mail.

Rest assured that we will continue to strive to improve our quality continuously.

We ask for your kind understanding regarding this matter.

Thank you for playing METAL GEAR SOLID V.

Best Regards,

KONAMI Customer Support Team

I might be reading too much, too hopefully into this but the suggestion that they will make an announcement about the issue "within the game" presumably to everyone and not just me ('you' plural) could imply that they are thinking several steps ahead and might already be working on the issue. Fingers crossed.

At this point I have done everything a single player can possibly do to help get this problem addressed. If we do not end up seeing any official announcement or results soon the only option left would be amassing the voices of a large enough number of players. To this end I am suggesting that players who care about this issue get the word out to each other and consider raising our collective voices all at once through Twitter and emails on December 8th 2017. December 8th 2015 was the closest we ever came to Nuclear Disarmament: there were only 23 nukes on the Xbox 360. I will post further details on this plan here, on Reddit, and on GameFAQs as we approach December 8th...though, hopefully we will get official word from Konami by then and it will not be necessary.

Hastatus

Permanent Nukes on MGSV: TPP PS3 (and other consoles?) by reddit user /u/Hastatus_Atratus

A Reply from Konami Customer Support - November 10 2017:

After a few more back and forth emails to Konami on the issue of the Permanent Nukes I received the following reply on October 31st:

Hello.

Thank you for contacting KONAMI Customer Support.

We understand your sentiments in this matter, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regarding your concern, please be informed that we will conduct an investigation with the department in-charge based on the contents received.

Nonetheless, once we are able to prepare information that we can announce regarding this matter, we will notify you within the game.

We apologize for not being able to provide a definite response in this mail.

Rest assured that we will continue to strive to improve our quality continuously.

We ask for your kind understanding regarding this matter.

Thank you for playing METAL GEAR SOLID V.

Best Regards,

KONAMI Customer Support Team

I might be reading too much, too hopefully into this but the suggestion that they will make an announcement about the issue "within the game" presumably to everyone and not just me ('you' plural) could imply that they are thinking several steps ahead and might already be working on the issue. Fingers crossed.

At this point I have done everything a single player can possibly do to help get this problem addressed. If we do not end up seeing any official announcement or results soon the only option left would be amassing the voices of a large enough number of players. To this end I am suggesting that players who care about this issue get the word out to each other and consider raising our collective voices all at once through Twitter and emails on December 8th 2017. December 8th 2015 was the closest we ever came to Nuclear Disarmament: there were only 23 nukes on the Xbox 360. I will post further details on this plan here, on Reddit, and on GameFAQs as we approach December 8th...though, hopefully we will get official word from Konami by then and it will not be necessary.

Hastatus

Protest to Fix MGSV's Broken Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event - December 8 2017:

I have proposed we hold a protest on December 8 2017 by having as many players as possible post a Tweet to J and or send an email to Konami Customer Support. I have posted detailed protest information in the following places:

GameFAQs (PS4 Board):
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718564-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/76041065

Metal Gear Solid Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/7g8mwp/protest_to_fix_mgsvs_broken_secret_nuclear/

Metal Gear Anti Nuclear Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MetalGearA...6/protest_to_fix_mgsvs_broken_secret_nuclear/

Please spread the word and prepare to help fight for "Peace"! Thanks.

Hastatus.

December 8th is here. Start sending your emails about Disarmament to:

ask-mgo@faq.konami.com & ask-mgs5@faq.konami.com

J has not Tweeted anything over the past week so send your Tweets to last Tuesday's Nuke Count Tweet:

https://twitter.com/metalgear_jp/status/935416032507805696

The more people who Tweet the more likely we are to get their attention or even a reply. Keep in mind that we are not simply trying to get Konami's attention but that of Japanese players who might stand a better chance at communicating with Konami if they learn what we know. Even if you think this is doomed to failure consider that those of you who do take a minute to send a Tweet will know that you have done everything in your power towards Disarmament and will not have any regrets.

Thanks to all.

Hastatus.

Another example of an account with Permanent Nukes: lordmanguito (PS3) - the Permanent Nukes issue remains unaddressed by Konami - December 29 2017

Well 2017 is wrapping up and Konami has not yet bothered to say anything about Disarmament. There has only been one Nuke Count posted in December. I have started seeing more Permanent Nuke accounts again so it is clear that nothing has been done yet. I came across two accounts that I had not seen before and a third that I had seen before (below). All three of these accounts have 8 nukes and yet they each only have 1 FOB. It is unfortunate that Konami has not said or done anything about fixing Disarmament. The business sense of the decision makers seems to have been diminishing. The fact is this fix requires simple linear algebra on the server end rather than complex 3D programming in the game's coding. The lack of a technician or the funds for such a technician is evidence of an endemic problem. Repairing this simple yet widely impactful issue could have made for great publicity and increased confidence in regards to Survive. The presence or absence of the possibility for Disarmament as Survive's launch approaches will speak volumes about what to expect in the upcoming title.

The following two images were taken during the
Week of August 22 2017 and the Week of December 26 2017:

DSipUcwX4AAYKDG.jpg

DSipWtoX4AAGiTS.jpg

lordmanguito had exactly the same stats when I met their account on two separate occasions, with two separate accounts of my own, four months apart. No player has infiltrated or had access to lordmanguito’s nukes in over four months and no player ever will until a Konami employee can make the Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event possible for players to achieve.

For the skeptics: Note how the stats on Umbra-Hastati match those on the image I took of DogsOfXOF on page 17 which has been on here since August 28 2017. I met lordmanguito during the same week: he was the “likely second one”.

Hastatus

BANGS

Banned
After playing MGS 2, I want a Metal Gear Maker with MGS 2 assets, MGS2 is possibly my favourite game of all time with that being said it was highly flawed the game was far too streamlined in it's level design, I can only imagine what a bigger big shell could have been like with more open level design approach, am I on my own with this Metal Gear Gaf ?

I like this idea. MGS 1 and 2 were easily my favorites. I personally don't want a more open design(hence why the first two are my favorites), but I do want MORE in general...

Aggelos

Metal Gear Survive Single Player trailer.....
Oh man, the glory of the past is forever gone.

【公式】 「METAL GEAR SURVIVE」シングルプレイトレイラー | KONAMI (CERO)

Rellik

Metal Gear Survive Single Player trailer.....
Oh man, the glory of the past is forever gone.

【公式】 「METAL GEAR SURVIVE」シングルプレイトレイラー | KONAMI (CERO)

I'm not feeling it at all.

But I hope others find enjoyment in it. It's just not for me and it looks like the MGS I love is long gone.

Not a fan of the setting, and I'm a bit cautious on the PSP looking base building geometry and Mobile looking survival grind. The world looks even more copy pasty than I expected, too: was thinking we'd at least get some palette or texture shifts, but that looks pretty much exactly like Afghanistan.

All that said, the tightly responsive MGS V gameplay snap-crackle-pop + zombies could be pretty satisfying to bash and blast. I mean, even punching sheep in MGS V is satisfying, and blasting 'wandering puppets' with non-lethal shotguns or pelting them with plastic riot bullets is always a lot of fun, so Survive's 'crystal zombies' could be pretty darn fun to fight.

Probably a value purchase for me ... At the very least I'd get a weekend or two of fun out of it for $10-20. If full retail is $40-60 (CAD), gonna depend on reviews.

Protest to Fix MGSV's Broken Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event - December 8 2017:

I have proposed we hold a protest on December 8 2017 by having as many players as possible post a Tweet to J and or send an email to Konami Customer Support. I have posted detailed protest information in the following places:

GameFAQs (PS4 Board):
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718564-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/76041065

Metal Gear Solid Reddit:

Metal Gear Anti Nuclear Reddit:

Please spread the word and prepare to help fight for "Peace"! Thanks.

Hastatus.

December 8th is here. Start sending your emails about Disarmament to:

ask-mgo@faq.konami.com & ask-mgs5@faq.konami.com

J has not Tweeted anything over the past week so send your Tweets to last Tuesday's Nuke Count Tweet:

The more people who Tweet the more likely we are to get their attention or even a reply. Keep in mind that we are not simply trying to get Konami's attention but that of Japanese players who might stand a better chance at communicating with Konami if they learn what we know. Even if you think this is doomed to failure consider that those of you who do take a minute to send a Tweet will know that you have done everything in your power towards Disarmament and will not have any regrets.

Thanks to all.

Hastatus.

Another example of an account with Permanent Nukes: lordmanguito (PS3) - the Permanent Nukes issue remains unaddressed by Konami - December 29 2017

Well 2017 is wrapping up and Konami has not yet bothered to say anything about Disarmament. There has only been one Nuke Count posted in December. I have started seeing more Permanent Nuke accounts again so it is clear that nothing has been done yet. I came across two accounts that I had not seen before and a third that I had seen before (below). All three of these accounts have 8 nukes and yet they each only have 1 FOB. It is unfortunate that Konami has not said or done anything about fixing Disarmament. The business sense of the decision makers seems to have been diminishing. The fact is this fix requires simple linear algebra on the server end rather than complex 3D programming in the game's coding. The lack of a technician or the funds for such a technician is evidence of an endemic problem. Repairing this simple yet widely impactful issue could have made for great publicity and increased confidence in regards to Survive. The presence or absence of the possibility for Disarmament as Survive's launch approaches will speak volumes about what to expect in the upcoming title.

The following two images were taken during the
Week of August 22 2017 and the Week of December 26 2017:

DSipUcwX4AAYKDG.jpg

DSipWtoX4AAGiTS.jpg

lordmanguito had exactly the same stats when I met their account on two separate occasions, with two separate accounts of my own, four months apart. No player has infiltrated or had access to lordmanguitos nukes in over four months and no player ever will until a Konami employee can make the Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event possible for players to achieve.

For the skeptics: Note how the stats on Umbra-Hastati match those on the image I took of DogsOfXOF on page 17 which has been on here since August 28 2017. I met lordmanguito during the same week: he was the likely second one.

Hastatus

DogsOfXOF Reconfirmed - Jan 9 2018

Back on August 28 2017 I posted the stats of DogsOfXOF (page 16). In order to dispel the disbelief in data I had previously posted in spreadsheet form I thought I would post new pics of aforementioned accounts that I came across again. Last week I met DogsOfXOF on my Main and this week I met this account on my Alt. So now I can show actual pictures of this account's stats over 4 months apart. This should help corroborate the previous 5 months of unchanged stats I witnessed.

Pictures in order:

Week of August 22 2017
DTlioYdW4AAr7Sz.jpg

Week of January 2 2018
DTliq4NWsAAuZka.jpg

Week of January 9 2018
DTlisnMXUAAaJ3k.jpg

So the account of DogsOfXOF has been derelict and inaccessible to the rest of the playerbase for at least 9 months...and they have had 8 Permanent Nukes that no one outside of a Konami programmer can disarm. The Secret Nuclear Disarmament Event remains broken and MGSV remains uncompleted by all the players.

Hastatus.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Pc server was hacked into thinking all nukes were disarmed. The result: the cutscene we saw 2 years ago. Nothing else. Nothing new.

And Italian Joe, next time you stream on twitch, do try and say “hello”.

WarpedPixels

Neo Member
It's a shame MGO is so barren at the moment, I tried it out for the first time today and it was actually pretty fun. I never got round to playing the MGS 4 version so this was my first experience with it. That nuke cutscene really threw me as well. I don't think we'll ever see the day when all the nukes are dismantled, especially considering there's bound to be a fair few accounts that are abandoned.

KOMANI

KOMANI
It's a shame MGO is so barren at the moment, I tried it out for the first time today and it was actually pretty fun. I never got round to playing the MGS 4 version so this was my first experience with it. That nuke cutscene really threw me as well. I don't think we'll ever see the day when all the nukes are dismantled, especially considering there's bound to be a fair few accounts that are abandoned.
The mgs4 version of mgo2 is still up and running if you’re interested.

Oh woah, MGS4 at #18... MGS V at #2... PO getting a bit of love (above MGS2 and MGS4) and PW at #5...

I love this list lol.

/edit/ I read it for about 10 minutes before I saw that it was Jeremy Parish ... Makes sense now haha. He likes his tactical or smaller games, handheld games. The sort of FF XIIs and Tactics, Tactics Ogres and Suikodens, the PSP MGS games, etc... I liked his FF list, too. Love seeing MGS V and FF XII both getting love.

I imagine the reception on other forums or twitter and comments must be pretty savage though haha.

Last edited:

WarpedPixels

Neo Member
I'm happy to see Ghost Babel that high, I had a lot of enjoyment with it back in the day. Haven't gone back to it in years though, so I can't say if it would hold up as much now. For the time though, having a full Metal Gear Solid experience like that, on a handheld was a big thing for me.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I too am glad ghost babel is rated high. I go back to it from time to time. The boss battles are so good (my second favorite of the series as a whole).

Last edited:
Top Bottom