• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Thanks to Washington Post's worthless review, MGSV is now down to 94 MC.

"For 28 reviews, this publication has graded:

28% higher than the average critic
7% same as the average critic
65% lower than the average critic

On average, this publication grades 4.8 points lower than other critics. (0-100 point scale)
Average Game review score: 68" - http://www.metacritic.com/publication/washington-post?filter=games

It's hard to judge a review of a game I haven't played yet. But compared to other reviews it does seem 'too' low. However they have a tendency to award lower grades than their colleagues. It is what it is.

OrRAHXC.gif

Embearded

haha .. or they see me on friday and throw the game at me "take it, but leave us alone already"

You are positive, i like you!

I was talking with a friend about a movie trailer and he told me that a certain character says the following line " i am not gonna kill you...".
While listening to him i thought " why the fuck kill him/her? Fulton the mofo back to MB and make him work for you".
Hype has left its mark on me...
you all know what came to my mind while typing the word "mark"...

Furyous

Watched the recent trailer with the Mother Base walkthrough before bed.. what in the shit did I get myself into as I experienced the trailer in first person. Kind of fun dream with me wrecking shit.

Anywhoo, who else is waiting to play the game until speedruns are available? Be warned that spoilers should hit hours after the game launches even though some portion of those are out now. I expect multiple walkthroughs to hit by Tuesday.

I'm playing GZ to familiarize myself with the controls before trying to S rank whatever first mission is in TPP.

Anyone with a puppy want to hold them up and do the DD pose?

pahamrick

I was playing Watch_Dogs to kill some time, and I was highly disappointed in the people who were invading me.

Highly disappointed. Let's go over some basic tips, since this would apply to FOB invasions as well.

Tip #1: If you're infiltrating a hostile area, do not run up to the person you're invading and open fire prior to completing or even initiating the objective you're supposed to be doing.

Tip #2: If you're infiltrating a hostile area, do not randomly open fire on miscellaneous objects/NPCs and give away your position prior to initiating your objective.

But the past is what makes us Shery.

Didn't you watch the last Kojima trailer? Reminisce and learn from your past and accomplishments. Since that is what makes us who we are today.

People keep telling me not to watch it though so I haven't. I want to real bad. You're my best friend, right? What do you suggest I do?

h0OmoJn.png

brau

People keep telling me not to watch it though so I haven't. I want to real bad. You're my best friend, right? What do you suggest I do?

Follow your heart Shery. Your heart always knows. :D

And of course we are besties. Which btw.. why have you not replied to my last IM on gchat?

Shy

hl1xspL.gif

Really nice OP Prince, but you've left out the wall of shame and the community ID spreadsheet.

Posting this for the new OT.

PSA. to anybody who has sent me a friend request on the PS4 could you please send me a steam one, becuase if i'm not able to get an early copy tomorrow (Tuesday), i'm not gonna bother and go PC exclusive.
I've updated the spreadsheet to include my steam ID.
I am here now guys!
6TVyApz.gif

Whoa, new community OT just in time for launch. Neat.
TORA-SEMPAI !
0AEdR8q.gif

How have you been holding up with all the pre-release madness at the office. ?
figured I'd stop lurking and show my excitement for this game. Have been following these threads for a while now. Can't believe we are only a week away.

Still remember when I couldn't afford many games and I played the metal gear demo on that pizza hut disk over and over.

Hard to believe it's coming to an end.
WELCOME NEW BROTHER.
Watched the recent trailer with the Mother Base walkthrough before bed.. what in the shit did I get myself into as I experienced the trailer in first person. Kind of fun dream with me wrecking shit.
Yep looks god-tier.
Anywhoo, who else is waiting to play the game until speedruns are available? Be warned that spoilers should hit hours after the game launches even though some portion of those are out now. I expect multiple walkthroughs to hit by Tuesday.
Nah, i'm not gonna wait.
I'm playing GZ to familiarize myself with the controls before trying to S rank whatever first mission is in TPP.
Noice. This quide should help you with getting all the personal fam.
qk8JApG.jpg

Anyone with a puppy want to hold them up and do the DD pose?
I do. :)

Spaghetti

*pokes head in*

i've played 70 hours of ground zeroes on pc. 10 of that was in the last two weeks. tpp gonna be my game of the forever.

Dineren

Banned
My quest to play through most of the MGS series is almost over having completed 1-3 in the past week(3 was amazing). I'm now on to Peace Walker since I don't think I have time to complete 4 in time. I've read the requirements to get the true ending and it seems fairly straightforward, but is there anything in particular I should be looking out for while playing through the game? I've read that it is better to take care of these things while playing through the main story, but I'm not entirely sure what is referring being to. Is it the parts for
Metal Gear Zeke
or something else?

I haven't read any spoilers aside from what is needed so maybe once I play I'll know exactly what it is talking about, but thought I'd double check. Thanks!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
"Expected payment date from Wallet?" Wait, so it bills you when the game comes out? I think I paid for mine up front. (Which I would prefer, tbh.)

Yeah, at least the European PSN works that way. My credit card usually get's charged 1-2 days before release.

brau

"Expected payment date from Wallet?" Wait, so it bills you when the game comes out? I think I paid for mine up front. (Which I would prefer, tbh.)

Thats weird... mine you just pay up front. I see the charge in my account the min i pre order it. Which is what i like. Unlike amazon, that doesn't charge you until its ready to be shipped.

MajorTom

In the UK (maybe all of EU) you aren't charged until just before release.
I'd prefer to be charged as soon as I pre order but either way is fine I guess.

RetroMG

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, US PSN charges you at the time. Which is a relief, I wouldn't have the cash to buy it again on the first. Too many bills due right then, which is why I pre-ordered and paid ahead of time.

Gui_PT

Hey guys, I'm sorry for bothering but I have a question and hope someone here can answer.
I've asked it in another thread but got a lot of different answers

I'm stuck with last gen and I want to get the disc version of the game, does anyone know how much HDD space is required for the game?( not to install the game but Ground Zeroes required 1.7GB so I assume this will need something too) And does it need to be installed in the HDD or can a USB be used?

Top Bottom