• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Explained - Dunkey

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
pTsBwiR.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Goes to show I don't care about storylines.

I played and beat MGS on PS1 and all I remember is infiltrating a base, killing soldiers, hiding under tanks, that weird fight with the ninja enemy, the helicopter scenes you strafe the side of the building. I don't even remember who the final boss fight was. The end.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
"Next we have Metal Gear Solid 2, this is when things start to get confusing"
My brain after MGS1 explanation:
eawwvTl.gif

DarkBatman

Dis he make a similar video for kingdom hearts too?

Man, I tried to watch some of those before starting part 3. But once their start with all this "There are several different Xehanorts from different timelines with different states of darkness in their heart", I lost me every single time. Guess I'll never trully see the light.

Virex

Banned
Trying to completely figure out all the lore for Metal Gear can be often compared to Chinese water torture

and yet people praise Kojima for his storytelling even though his story is one giant convoluted mess filled with retconns after retconns.

Kojima is an overrated hack who's now obsessed with Hollywood

Xyort

Neo Member
I played the shit out of every MGS game since 1998 (except for MGS V which is still on my to-do list) but I gotta admit the plot is incomprehensible. Even after watching dunkus's video. 🤷🏻‍♂️ The scenario feels unnecessarily confusing for the sake of spectacle, even Kojima himself admits that he doesn't understand his own games. Really makes you wonder.

Top Bottom