• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcott

Wow. Guess I should play Peace Walker.

I still need to finish it. Would be easier with transfaring fixed for Vita transfer.

Now wasn't it stated there is a next gen MGS in development to along with MGS: Ground Zeroes? Could that be what "From 'Fox,' two phantoms were born?" refers to since they both use FOX engine? Or could it be the same speculation everyone is making about the snake twins? Or could it be talking about Zero and Big Boss (whom you never actually see in MGS4, but whom the conflict originates from?

StuBurns

Banned
Peace Walker is pretty boring I think, I couldn't get into it on PSP or PS3. The levels are way too small, and those comic book cutscenes are terrible.

Erigu

I've played it to the true end and have no idea. Snake didn't seem to care about it much.

Snake didn't know about it. basically at the end of the true ending, there's a phone call conversation between
miller and zero (I think). Zero got what he want by the end of PW, even with Snake preventing Paz's nuclear strike, he'll still get the world's attention, giving Zero less visibility from the world and begin preparing for whatever it is he's planning.

SJRB

Gold Member
Snake didn't know about it. basically at the end of the true ending, there's a phone call conversation between
miller and zero (I think). Zero got what he want by the end of PW, even with Snake preventing Paz's nuclear strike, he'll still get the world's attention, giving Zero less visibility from the world and begin preparing for whatever it is he's planning.

Ehm.. What? I guess I should replay PW some day, I don't recall any of this.

To get that specific Briefing Tape you need to finish every single Extra Op, I think.

Omikaru

Peace Walker was a neat co-op game, but I thought it was lacking in other areas. The bosses sucked, the minuscule levels were disappointing. It was trying very hard to be Monster Hunter.

I can understand why it was the way it was, and I enjoyed it for that, but I don't want that again. If they can fix its flaws (and judging by the open world bits, they've fixed at least one of them) then I'm going to be very excited for this. We haven't had a good set of bosses in an MGS game since MGS3, so I'm hoping that's something they concentrate on with Ground Zeroes.

If they do that, then you never know, Ground Zeroes could be the game I was hoping MGS3 was, despite how awesome that game turned out to be.

Either way, day 1 on PC.

Raonak

Banned
Two phantoms from FOX?

Big Boss and Zero are the most obvious. since they're part of the original FOX team.

I was thinking it could also be FoxHound and MSF. both created by bigboss.

Acosta

Playing MGS4, I thought how cool it would be to have a game with that stealth/combat mechanics in a big, open world.

Wish granted! Really looking for more info.

Oh the tape, I eventually got that but can't even remember what it was about :(

strafer

Splinter Solid: Chaos Eater

z8Ntt.jpg

Swifty

Man, an open world Metal Gear Solid with the smooth user experience of Guns of the Patriots and Peace Walker. Plus it's running on PC!

This is going to be so amazing.

I'd be interested if it has a lot of good gameplay, but 4 killed any love I have for the world/characters/overall narrative.

I wish this was just a new IP without all of the baggage of what comes with a MGS game these days. It's all such a fucking mess post-3 that Kojima should put a bullet in it all.

Wish people would stop with the Sam Fisher stuff. Snake has had night vision & thermal goggles from the original Metal Gear onwards.
4 was the only game that didn't because of the Solid Eye.

MetalGearARTBLOG--article_image.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I always hate new game announcements with almost zero information. No screens, no trailer etc.

Not even a logo? calm on ...

grebby

This sounds amazing, thank you based Kojima etc... but man, I get so bummed out when we just hear about how awesome the footage was. I hope we don't have to wait too long...

DXPett1

Two phantoms from FOX?

Big Boss and Zero are the most obvious. since they're part of the original FOX team.

I was thinking it could also be FoxHound and MSF. both created by bigboss.

Going off the Wiki they are essentially the same thing just at different times (shit is hard to keep up with)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom