• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptunes

Jun 6, 2004
Still doesn't answer who it is, solid Snake would also be wearing that equipment

And he deliberately obscured his eyes to leave it a mystery

Edit: Didn't notice the emblem on his shoulder
Definitely BIG BOSS

KingJ2002

Jun 8, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.createdbyking.com
Interesting... im glad they announced a new MGS... but i hope it's for next gen consoles.

an open world MGS seems like the natural evolution but im concerned about the pacing.... will this be MGS or AC with guns and dog tags.

either way... good shit... just don't show it much until after revengeance drops... IE... next e3 at Microsoft's and Sony's conference.

Teknoman

Nov 7, 2007
Houston, Texas
www.youtube.com
yanked from the other thread.

lol and his eyes are covered. Well played Kojima.

EDIT: Wait that emblem on his arm.

Jaw is right, Big Boss.

May 19, 2005
Maryland
previous games had you backtracking around. not that different.

The concept of open world itself, doesn't really excite me that much, especially with the Metal Gear Solid franchise, which was never that, but to put it that way, to have a more seamless playthrough, that sounds good.

SJRB

May 10, 2012
The character is not wearing a bandana, and has a Militaires Sans Frontieres parch on his shoulder.

Interesting..

nelsonroyale

Sep 16, 2006
Yeah, would prefer solid snake over big boss anyday....wonder why kojima seems to distain by far the best character he has created?

BadWolf

Apr 15, 2010
That design is so badass.

I really hope they stick to calling him Big Boss throughout the game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
Developers finally catching up to modern hardware. This is what we're capable of and it is glorious.

evil_ash_xero

Banned
Sep 25, 2010
WV
Personally, I hope it's on current gen. I mean, Kojipro only release ONE HD game this entire gen.
Besides, I think I'm gonna skip next gen anyhow.

spoon!

Mar 24, 2007
Big boss lost his right eye. Solid was the one who lost the left. So unless that promo image got flipped...

Status
Not open for further replies.