• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKRT00

Very, very impressive engine.

- real time reflections
- deferred shading
- particles can be lit
- global cloth physics, wind simulation, wind affected particles
- amazing looking wet shaders
- high resolution textures
- procedural animations
- high quality ssao

- real time reflections
- deferred shading
- particles can be lit
- procedural animations
- high quality ssao

Thank you. People are making this a PS3 vs. 360 debate. It's engine demonstration, not console demo.

Celebrate the fact that Konami going to produce high quality games for years to come. This is their CryEngine, their Euphoria, their Frostbite.

They don't need Unreal Engine anymore. No AAA developer should.

iKMHdQy6WTCB0.gif

Yes, you kept me waiting, but I think it was totally worth.

Thank you based Kojima...

- real time reflections
- deferred shading
- particles can be lit
- procedural animations
- high quality ssao

Next Gen consoles with tessellation can not wait. Games will look too perfect.

Izick

Hopefully either way this game will come to next-gen consoles, and run even better, since Kojima has said the engine is versatile and can translate over to them fairly well.

squidyj

That was excellent, if they're saying that's approximately ps3 level then I can't wait to see what they do in the next gen.

LOL FLight of the Valkaries for the helicopter pick up, you can customize it to any song you want.

He said you can use the helicopter to fly between missions and different countries! WOW! So this game is going to be like PW but with giant open bases to explore.

This is how you keep a franchise fresh!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Thank you. People are making this a PS3 vs. 360 debate. It's engine demonstration, not console demo.

Celebrate the fact that Konami going to produce high quality games for years to come. This is their CryEngine, their Euphoria, their Frostbite.

They don't need Unreal Engine anymore. No AAA developer should.

I'm salivating at that being on PC with no compromises. SALIVATING!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Pc footage ey? Obviously they have the competence to develop for the pc then, I wonder if they'll actually allocate resources for a pc version... seriously doubt it tho...

I'm salivating at that being on PC with no compromises. SALIVATING!

*high-five* one of the few that understands! It's a very beautiful engine that looks very on par with Unreal Engine 4. Great work, Konami/Kojima; you've made them all looking!

I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima/CliffyB's friendship resulted in Kojima asking what his engine is lacking that UE4 has.

iLLmAtlc

Ok guys we've seen the trailer now and it's freakin' awesome. 10 minutes worth of video and some gameplay.

What about some release date predictions? I think Spring 2014 is most realistic because they wouldn't want to launch too close to Rising.

If Konami were smart they'd package this demo with MGR:R...

Ok guys we've seen the trailer now and it's freakin' awesome. 10 minutes worth of video and some gameplay.

What about some release date predictions? I think Spring 2014 is most realistic because they wouldn't want to launch too close to Rising.

If Konami were smart they'd package this demo with MGR:R...

yea the game seems early, I didn't see any AI in it. Probably a late 2013 or early 2014 title. With all these big games coming out next year, I think PS4 and Xbox 720 might get delayed to summer 2014 :p

DieH@rd

Banned

- real time reflections
- deferred shading
- particles can be lit
- procedural animations
- high quality ssao

Hopefully Digital Foundry will dissect the footage to the last pixel.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It wasn't a trailer.

So because it's meant to also be a demonstration of the Fox engine's capabilities, it's not a trailer? You know this is going to be an actual game, right? Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes? It's not like the FFVII PS3 Tech Demo.

Many of the greatest MGS trailers feature a good amount of gameplay.

KKRT00

Hopefully Digital Foundry will dissect the footage to the last pixel.

They certainly will.

I just hope so that people dont buy thats it was footage based on PC spec similar to PS3, its just impossible. Most of the stuff there is really high quality, not cut in half or to quarter res like in current gen console, also physics are too much for current consoles.

Izick

Thought this was an interesting theory.

The game takes places after Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. It's the only aspect of the franchise (between MG2 and MGS1) that hasn't been explore as far as plot goes.
It's the only plausible reason for why the "villain" (naked snake) has a burnt face, whilst also in the timeline of Sans Militaires Frontieres.

The ending of MG1:
Having lost Metal Gear and much of his force, Big Boss seemingly starts the self-destruct sequence for the compound, and promises he will not die alone; Snake will join him. An underground battle ensues, and despite injury, Snake defeats Big Boss and escapes the Outer Heaven compound as it crumbles in flames behind him.

The ending of MG2:
Snake is met by Big Boss while trying to escape. Having lost his equipment and with no weapons at his disposal, Snake is forced to improvise using the only items he can find, a lighter and aerosol can. Fashioning a makeshift flamethrower, Snake defeats Big Boss for the second time.

Too much of a coincidence, not to mention the villains squad is referred to as "an army without a nation".

From a Kotaku user, but a lot of it doesn't add up or make sense, and I'm pretty sure at this point we all agree it's BB, not SS.

So because it's meant to also be a demonstration of the Fox engine's capabilities, it's not a trailer? You know this is going to be an actual game, right? Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes? It's not like the FFVII PS3 Tech Demo.

Many of the greatest MGS trailers feature a good amount of gameplay.

Isn't it just PART of the game?

PSYGN

That first scene with the dogs barking against the fence with the light silhouetting them was amazing. That looked too real. And the brim of the hat being affected by the rain was awesome. Great job, Kojima & crew.

FStop7

Banned
Are you KIDDING me?

That's in-engine?!

:O

That music...

That intro...

Most hyped I've been for a game in as long as I can remember. Maybe since MGS2.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Errr it can't be between MG2 and MGS1 otherwise Chico would be much older. Burned-head guy can't be Big Boss. It's also clear from the discussions between Big Boss and Miller in the trailer that they still have Mother Base, etc. So it's definitely before MG1.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So I never got the memo.. Is this the mainline series MGS5 (MGS6 for Peace Walker nerds) that Kojima was apparently working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom