• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arklite

From what my friend told me,
Big Boss got rid of his bandana after Peace Walker.

So this might be taking place after PW?

I'd say definitely. MSF is probably established as a global threat by this point as the ending of PW alluded to. Really want to know the scenario.

GameE

Without water mark
mgsg0_120830.jpg

Pixel_boy

Banned
I like more linear game play like MGS 2 ship where it close in and you have to hide and find away around somewhere better, not sure show this will work

Raonak

Banned
was hoping for some SOLID snake... I want my goddamm MG1/2 Remakes.
but it looks like we're now only 1 more BB game away to fully tie together big boss's games to solid snake's game
so having an after credits thing allude to the eventual MG1 remake would be awesome.

fox engine?
my vita is ready for the crosssaves.

iLLmAtlc

Guys look closely, is that really part an eye patch? There is one more yarn type strap running through the top of his head that seems to be attached to the scope.

shaowebb

AyU1c.jpg

O_O Realtime render on a current spec PC? REALLY!?

Holy balls this Fox Engine needs to start selling licenses to develop on it. Konami would make a killing off it!

Mush

After recently picking up MGS4 again due to the trophy patch, and enjoying it (well, as far as gameplay goes anyway) far more than I remember I can safely say this:

I AM FUCKING HYPE

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MSF patch & Peace Walker sneaking suit. Is this really new?
Here's a link to the article.

Original Text said:
本日(2012年8月30日)開催された、『メタルギア』生誕25周年記念イベント“METAL GEAR 25th ANNIVERSARY PARTY”にて、FOX ENGINEでの新作デモが公開された。

本日(2012年8月30日)開催された、『メタルギア』生誕25周年記念イベント“METAL GEAR 25th ANNIVERSARY PARTY”。

サプライズ発表の最後は、FOX ENGINE! PS3/Xbox 360相当のスペックを想定したPCでのリアルタイムデモが披露された。映像の撮影・録画が禁止されていたものの、濡れた地面に反射する光や衣服の質感(布がはためく表現)、ライトのフレア、人間の顔のアニメーションなど、細部に至るまで欧米のゲームに遜色がない表現がなされていることを確認。小島監督はこのデモを「小島プロダクションが世界に向けて戦いを挑んでいく宣言」であるとする。
 「国家に帰属しない軍隊」、”パス”、”海上(マザー)ベース”、、、セリフには聞き慣れた単語が含まれている。そして登場したのはスネーク! 『METAL GEAR SOLID GROUND ZERO』と題されたこのデモは、通常のゲームエンジン用のテックデモではなく、オープンワールドのスニーキングゲームとして新作を実際に作っているとのこと。またエンジン自体も今回はクラウドゲーム化を見据えた現世代機でのものだが、次世代機に向けた開発も行っているそう。
 ゲームとしては、これまでのステージベースのスニーキングミッションとはデザインが異なり、歩いて潜入するもよし、装甲車を奪っていくもよしという自由かつリアルタイムな潜入が可能とのこと。ちなみに、発煙筒を焚くと救援ヘリが呼べ、支援攻撃をさせたり、戦線を離脱することが可能。どのようにも進められる「ゲームオーバーのないゲーム」を目指しているという。そして今回のデモは、ワルキューレの騎行を鳴らして飛んできたヘリに乗ってスネークが離脱して終了。曲の選択が映画好きの監督らしいが、曲は自分で選べるそう。ちなみに気になるゲームとしての完成時期は「そんなにお待たせしない」とのこと。続報を待て!

Google Translation gibberish said:
Events at "METAL GEAR 25th ANNIVERSARY PARTY" 25th Anniversary (30 August 2012) today announced the birth of "Metal Gear" was held, in New FOX ENGINE demo has been released.

(August 30, 2012) today, "held Metal Gear event "METAL GEAR 25th ANNIVERSARY PARTY" 25th anniversary of the birth ".  

Surprise announcement last, FOX ENGINE! PC real-time demonstration in assuming the spec is equivalent to 360 PS3/Xbox was unveiled. Although the video shooting and the video had been banned, such as animation (representing the cloth fluttering) texture of the clothes and the light reflected on the wet ground, flare of light, of the human face, comparable to games in Europe and the United States down to the smallest detail Ensure that there is no representation is made. Hideo Kojima is assumed to be a "declaration Kojima Productions will continue waging a battle to the world" this demo.  

, "Path", "do not belong to the national army", contains the familiar words "Marine (mother) base",,, is the dialogue. I had appeared and Snake! " METAL GEAR SOLID GROUND ZERO demo entitled "is not a thing for the game Tekkudemo normal engine, and have actually made ​​a new open-world game as Sneaking. But what this current generation of machines with an eye on the cloud computing game engine itself, so I have done development towards next-generation machine.  

As a game, and the free and real-time infiltration Sneaking Mission of stage-based design is different so far, also good to sneak walk, that beauty will be deprived of their armored car things possible. By the way, it can call and rescue helicopter burning flares, or to support the attack, it is possible to leave the front line. That aims to "game with no game over" to be forwarded in any way. This demonstration, the Snake is the end to leave aboard the helicopter flew over and ring the Ride of the Valkyries. Although the song selection seems like director of film, so choose your own songs. Completion time of it as a game to be worried about is the "not so much to keep you waiting," by the way. Wait for further news!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Remember when Solid Snake was the main character of the Metal Gear series?

I remember that he had his own trilogy. Plus the first 2 Metal Gear games.

No reason Big Boss cant get more spotlight, he has only had 1 console game and some handheld titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom