• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - All info in the OP [Confirmed PS3/360/PC?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

38a086e0.gif

Derrick01

Banned
lol its a current gen game with a really good optimized engine,

The first 9 mins was a cutscene -_-

the gameplay they showed look like current gen

I didn't notice a change in the graphics from cutscene to gameplay, it still looked next gen capable. Actual gameplay really hasn't evolved much in the last 15 years.

Protome

So, it's a direct sequel to Peace Walker?

And why do they mention Paz as though she betrayed them, her and Big Boss got it on in a box, that kind of trust can't just be shattered!

Do PC games usually get a logo at the end? What would it be? Steam?

I am really hoping for a PC release
I've seen many game publishers use "PC DVD ROM" logo at the end of their games trailers.

Hopefully Kojima will come to his senses and bring this on the PC. I can see it running on current gen consoles with 30fps/720p resolution and some changes here and there but the PC will definitely be the version of the forever.

lantus

As much as I want to believe it, I don't see how a game like that is possible on PS3. That's quite a leap from anything we've seen on current gen platforms. I think the only game that looks comparable might be The Last of Us, but still. I would love to be proven wrong though lol.

leadbelly

Banned
I want to see some actual gameplay footage. It looks amazing, but most of it is a cutscene. Developers tend to dial the detail up to 11 on cutscenes and pare it back in actual gameplay. I want to see if there is any discernible difference between the two. I imagine there is.

Izick

Someone made the comment, but doesn't the holographic stuff lead to believe that this is a lot more modern then some are expecting?

winstano

English subs version confirms this is Post-Peace Walker. Those who haven't played it really should, and finish it to the end of Chapter 5.

EekTheKat

I love how they kept the transition from cutscene to gameplay that was in MGS4 - where the camera would pan from what looks like a cutscene to Snake in the gameplay environment.

What would be absolute killer here is if there's a no UI mode, where the instruments and gadgets work like an actual object instead of a window on the screen.

Protome

Someone made the comment, but doesn't the holographic stuff lead to believe that this is a lot more modern then some are expecting?

Peace Walker had a giant four legged walking nuclear missile launching tank with not one but two highly advance AI cores on it in 1974.

So, no. Basically it means nothing.

It's probably gonna be running on 360/PS3 fine, just a bit scaled back on the resolution of the textures though. Lighting and effects are do-able as are the character models. Just before going in-game, that last shot of Snake's face, the camera slides fast and you lose sight of him for a second, I think they're doing the switch there from high-poly to low-poly.

It's not far-fetched guys.

The cutscene looks gorgeous, the gameplay... It also looks good of course, but I had the feeling that the fps dropped at some parts of the gameplay, looks very impressive nonetheless and I can understand the doubts about the graphics so I'm joining the "dun believe dat shit maine, prove it" side.. Although it's nothing really impossible if you see what devs do nowadays with 7 year old hardware. /mixedfeelings

Believe what you want point is that it's not a top of the line PC.

if you add a ton of jaggies and lower the resolution, yes.

Please save this game and polish it for next gen.

People keep quoting that but it doesn't mean shit unless they give hard numbers. That can mean anything.

Kojima said it will shake the industry! And shaking has been given B E L I E V E that this IS possible on PS3!!!

Izick

This is MGS, remember...

I'm betting it's set in the 80s.

I don't know. I never played PW, so I'm not sure how Kojima is with that. I don't remember there being anything too crazily out of place for the time in 3, besides like a few things. Nothing on a hologram level. That's not even in today's timeframe of events.

That was one of the most incredible game intros I have seen in my life. Got the same feeling booting up MGS2 and 4 - Kojima has a real talent for directing movie grade cinematics full of atmosphere and emotion. Graphics were insane and I really hope the PS3 game can come close to matching that level of visual fidelity. So hyped for this!

the game could end up looking very similar on consoles, BUT, the fps are going to take a dive, just look at at the very first video of MGS4, it was full HD at 60 frames per second and it got downgraded by cutting corners here and then until we got a "similar looking" game of that demo but the frame rate of MGS4 was atrocious, hope this comes to PC

leadbelly

Banned
Honestly ? Difficult to say from a trailer. and that too some 9 sec

Also, you have to take into account the rain and lighting effects which would disguise the transition quite well. There is only seconds of gameplay shown and you can't really see the detail of the environment clearly because of the rain and dynamic lighting.

Oni Jazar

I don't know. I never played PW, so I'm not sure how Kojima is with that. I don't remember there being anything too crazily out of place for the time in 3, besides like a few things. Nothing on a hologram level. That's not even in today's timeframe of events.

I was thinking that they didn't have headphones like that in the 80s lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom