• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movement

Guys who cares if its exclusive or not exclusive or what not. It's a new Metal Gear for gods sake! It seems all you care about is systems. NEW FUCKING METAL GEAR HOLY SHIT!

ZeoVGM

Banned
By the way, Adam Sessler just said something like "I expected MGS4 and a new game, but he's bringing the entire franchise".

Uh, what?

So I guess we'll be seeing the Big Boss part at Sony's conference, eh?

omg rite said:
By the way, Adam Sessler just said something like "I expected MGS4 and a new game, but he's bringing the entire franchise".

Uh, what?
Kojima said "the Metal Gear Solid franchise is coming to 360, with Metal Gear Solid: Rising!"

...I guess that somehow means the ENTIRE franchise is coming. lol
Sessler's a moron.

chase

What's Kojima got against the 360? They can moneyhat every franchise but this one. Non-exclusive Raiden Kart doesn't count.

Yeah, what's up with G4? The whole franchise is coming over and it was badly worded during the conference or the other way around?

Belgand

As for being exclusive both sides have some evidence going. Left 4 Dead 2 was announced after the "360 Exclusives" statement and it clearly had a label saying it was coming out for PC as well. At the same time it also had a label saying it was coming to PC.

I'm going to side and say that it's probably multiplatform until we get further confirmation.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
autobzooty said:
tell me this isn't exclusive...please god....

Well most other games they went out of their way to say Exclusive to or Only On 360, they didn't mention it once whilst KOjima was on. However, it did come after the MS guy said every game that you are about to see from now until the end of the show is only on 360. THey then went on to unveil Left 4 Dead 2, which is also on PC so that was a lie.

Who knows? I doubt it will be 360 exclusive, as so many Metal Gear fans went out and bought PS3s, that would be a real kick in the nuts. Glas it is on all platforms so everyone can enjoy it.

Xater

Revolutionary said:
So I guess we'll be seeing the Big Boss part at Sony's conference, eh?

Big Boss game will be on PSP. There may be some connectivity between MGS:Rising and the PSP game. I'm calling it right now.

Articate

Banned
reaver18 said:
whaaat? isnt that the goal? to have every great game on your console. why would you not support microsoft trying to improve their console?

And EA should be the only one to make games?

Feel free to read about monopolistic competition. And I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, but I don't think it's healthy for game development.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Like other people said, I'm so happy this is a new game. Something for people who already enjoyed MGS4 to be excited about. :)

I found this news to be very very big, even a megaton...

but please, for the love of god, this isn't a Betrayalton. MGS:R will (hopefully) be multiplat, it is a new game, new everything. Betrayalton would've been a MGS4 port for the 360, since Konami and Kojima have stated that it is (and apparently will keep as) a PS3 exclusive.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I wonder if Kojima will use the fact that this is a somewhat clean break for the series to avoid porting prior games over..

And I'm sure it's multiplat. Exclusive was never ever mentioned there.

Averon

Think, people. If it was exclusive--even timed exclusive--MS would've yelled that at the top of their lungs. They wouldn't left any doubt in anyone's mind about 360 MGS exclusivity.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I don't think there's any meltdowns because we all saw it coming from GDC. We knew that MGS4 wouldn't be changing plats since they said it tons of times.

MGS: Rising though, we all knew would be multi. Every blog and person predicted it, and it was moreso a matter of when, rather than what platform.

jett

D-Member
omg rite said:

Uh, what?

Adam Sessler is a tard incapable of some simple use of reason? Don't mind him.

Boss Man

There's no way that it's exclusive. That would have mentioned more than the game itself.

I didn't get to see this revealed. Did they show any footage or any indication as to how it will actually play? I don't get why Solid is in the name.

anddo0

Ploid 3.0 said:
G4 is under the impression that Konami is bringing the whole MG franchise over to 360.

G4 also said don't pick up MW2 at a used game store even though the broadcast is sponsored by Gamestop. :lol

jump_button said:
:lol did he say it was? no cant see M$ not saying it a exclusive if it was

there was some nonsense (i didn't catch it, but more a few other people did) where they said "the rest of these games are exclusive."

however, something tells me they would have gloated way more if it was exclusive. they wouldn't leave any question in our minds if it was.

newsguy

Best news possible for multi console owners. Played 4, didn't want another 4 on 360, now we get to play as Raiden. It's beautiful.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Don't think I'll go anywhere near this unless Kojima is confirmed as director. It seems like nothing more than a spin-off, and nothing against the Metal Gear Ac!d fans or Portable Ops fanatics.. but those games were pretty shit. Heck just look at Twin Snakes.

Metal Gear Solid without Kojima isn't worth the time. Hopefully this "Mask" game will be shown if he is involved with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom