• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
2rygfnr.png

Teaser Trailer

KONAMI ANNOUNCES THE FIRST METAL GEAR SOLID® TITLE FOR THE XBOX 360® METAL GEAR SOLID®: RISING

Raiden Stars in the First Metal Gear Solid Game to Hit the Xbox 360®

El Segundo, Calif. - June 1, 2009 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today that Metal Gear Solid: Rising is currently in development for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft - the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the Xbox 360®. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, will star in the all-new title from Hideo Kojima. Raiden first debuted in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system as a playable character and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is scheduled to be released on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system. For more information on Konami, please visit: http://www.konami.com.

COMING FOR 360/PS3/PC, RELEASE DATE TBA

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
MvmntInGrn said:
Finally something interesting!

Didn't say exclusive right?
Right. It's not exclusive.

I cant believe they're not porting MGS4. Surely they will before Rising...

Kotaku live blog said that the 360 exclusive stuff ended a while ago, so it's safe to assume this is PS3/360. Raiden side story, fucking awesome :D

Hellraizer said:
Konami just shot themselves in the foot etc. etc.

I know. I hate when I expose my product to a demographic with a voracious appetite for games and a proven track record of purchasing a great deal of games per year.

birdman

Totally expected the next Metal Gear game to be on 360. I laugh at all of you thinking MGS4 was coming though.

Articate

Banned
Costanza said:
oh shit

EDIT:

RAIDEN GAME

zy7c4n.gif

Also:
500 - Internal Server Error - it beings.

Seriously, though.

There's a monopoly forming in the game industry. Well, actually two, but aside from Wii - the 360 now has managed to get in a circle where they can buy all games before they have so much money, and get so much money because they have all games.

I do not like it.

WickedAngel said:
I know. I hate when I expose my product to a demographic with a voracious appetite for games and a proven track record of purchasing a great deal of games per year.

lol

Anywho, glad it's a new game. :)

birdman said:
Totally expected the next Metal Gear game to be on 360. I laugh at all of you thinking MGS4 was coming though.

It was imminent. No idea of gameplay or anything though, I wonder how far off this game is.

Facism

The only shame about this announcement is that they didn't show any fucking thing. No actual footage, just confirmation of Raiden.

Maybe something will be shown at Sony's or Konami's own conferences?

Xater

Wollan said:
So any more info? MGS4 time period? Multiplatform?

It's been in Famitsu PS3 and they didn't say tha it's exclusive in any way. It's just that they are also gettign the game.

queue the meltdowns by people crying fowl on MS paying for exclusives on a game that isn't exclusive and isn't MGS4:lol

Exclusive? It came after the "everything from here is exclusive to 360" (or whatever) comment.

Ouch, if so.

If not, I'm not surprised at all. I am a bit surprised, however, that it is straightforward Raiden. The little clues point in other directions (they even gave a close up of the brown eye).

Did I rike it? Not yet. Show me something more substantial than an image we've already seen on the site and a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom