• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Minimum System Requirements On Steam

Accoun

Also people, it's worth nothing that the minimum requirements are the same as Metal Gear Rising.

Really? Didn't MGR already have the same requirements as some previous Konami game? Or maybe that was the case with some Capcom game? Anyway, I think one of my friends managed to play it with an OKish quality/framerate on a PC below minimal specs...

[EDIT]
Might have been RE4 HD and something else, still not sure. Although he still says he played MGR at around 60 FPS on high on a supposedly underspecced PC.

Eusis

GTX650 for a game that runs on 360 and PS3? Sounds incredibly unoptimised.
For PS3/360-esque performance I wouldn't be surprised if you could go lower.

For PS4/XB1-esque performance of course it's not going to cut it, something like the 560 Ti is theoretically right in between the two and my experience HAS been roughly equal (The Evil Within on I THINK High settings is typically around 30 even with the fps unlocked), and the 650 is a joke compared to the 560 Ti.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be surprised if there WERE some PS3/360 specific modifications to how the game ran that wouldn't be there on PC because it's really not worth it when low budget cards from two years ago would be more than enough.

Never thought I'd see the day people would pretend a 650 is some super enthusiast powerhouse outside the budget of mere mortals.

You can't please people here. Spec requirements rise over time and rightfully so, as games incrementally look better. But, you'll always here people with no software development knowledge claiming "It's unoptimized" if games start raising the minimum specs. On the other end of the spectrum, you'll have people complaining that games aren't taking advantage of their SLI 980.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Most modest rigs will run this well.

The engine doesn't exactly look taxing so its nice to see it's not so poorly optimized to require unnecessarily high specs.

Spaghetti

From 2012—7 years after 360 and PS3 were launched.
and guess what, it's going to run ground zeroes at a higher resolution and probably better framerate than those consoles, surprise!

i have no idea what you're getting at. a 650 is a perfectly reasonable minimum card.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
and guess what, it's going to run ground zeroes at a higher resolution and probably better framerate than those consoles, surprise!

i have no idea what you're getting at. a 650 is a perfectly reasonable minimum card.

I guess I haven't really kept up with minimum requirements for PS3/360 games. The last time I was into PC gaming if it was on either it was a safe bet that you'd get great performance out of an 8800GTX.

pirata

Does this mean that my PC with its i5 2500K CPU and 560ti graphics card won't be able to run it? That would be a bummer. I guess I should think of saving up money to upgrade it pretty soon...

Spaghetti

I guess I haven't really kept up with minimum requirements for PS3/360 games. The last time I was into PC gaming if it was on either it was a safe bet that you'd get great performance out of an 8800GTX.
well if an 8800 is your frame of reference, yeah, i'd say you're a little bit behind on what graphics cards are like now.

Zomba13

They really need a better way of naming/numbering cards according to power. Look at all the confusion here.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
People really love to get mad, don't they?

Obviously, the PC version will be closer to the PS4/XBO versions than the 360/PS3 versions.

pirata

your 560 is the better card.

That's real weird. The naming of computer parts is way too confusing. Plus, since I built this PC in the summer of 2011 (using the recommended parts in the OP of the GAF PC thread at the time, of course!), I haven't paid too much attention to PC parts. I've been able to max out almost everything I've tried until relatively recently!

Nzyme32

GTX650 for a game that runs on 360 and PS3? Sounds incredibly unoptimised.

From 2012—7 years after 360 and PS3 were launched.

This is such a silly argument. First off, why is the assumption that this PC version of GZ will equate to the xbox 360 version. A random example is Wolfenstein which requires a minimum of a gtx460. The minimum settings for the game are far superior to the xbox 360 or ps3, but I'm sure by your sound reasoning, that PC version should run on a 360 - which it wouldn't. Might as well complain that PS4 version should run on a PS3 because there is a different version there that works.

Furthermore, the 650 is two years old but that doesn't mean you have to use a 2 year old card. I'm almost certain you a fixated on it being a 6xx series card ergo it must somewhat be limited to that series plus - No, the 650 is a budget card that even older cards easily surpass.

You could use a GTX460 from 2010 which is more powerful than a 650 and play the game with out issue. If you wanted the same ball park you could even go as far as the GTS450. These budget cards are very unspectacular.

That's real weird. The naming of computer parts is way too confusing. Plus, since I built this PC in the summer of 2011 (using the recommended parts in the OP of the GAF PC thread at the time, of course!), I haven't paid too much attention to PC parts. I've been able to max out almost everything I've tried until relatively recently!

It can definitely be a bit confusing if your not familiar with the naming conventions or you haven't paid attention for awhile because they like to mess with their naming conventions every few gens. Just realize that the first number represents the generation. The numbers after represent the tier. The 560 is a generation earlier but a tier above the 650. The ti basically means it's a beefed up version in that tier so the 560ti actually falls between a 560 and a 570.

"Presumably, massively more powerful than an 8800, which is precisely why I'm a little confused."

Here's the thing: The PS3/360 versions of Ground Zeroes are not equivalent to the PS4/XBO versions, so you shouldn't compare the hardware requirements of the PC Version of GZ like it will be equivalent to the PS3/360 versions.

LeleSocho

Banned
They really need a better way of naming/numbering cards according to power. Look at all the confusion here.

It's not rocket science really specially now that AMD switched to the 3 numbers like the competition.
Hundreds are the generation number, tens (and units for AMD) are related to power of the card.

SURGEdude

"Presumably, massively more powerful than an 8800, which is precisely why I'm a little confused."

Here's the thing: The PS3/360 versions of Ground Zeroes are not equivalent to the PS4/XBO versions, so you shouldn't compare the hardware requirements of the PC Version of GZ like it will be equivalent to the PS3/360 versions.

People really love to get mad, don't they?

Obviously, the PC version will be closer to the PS4/XBO versions than the 360/PS3 versions.

How the hell did this thread get so far without people pointing this out. We aren't getting a last gen port guys. So the references to PS3/360 make only minimal sense.

if you don't want to read tech documents, this is normally how it works.

First number on the card is the generation (460 versus 560, you know the 560 is the newer generation. The second number is the actual 'power' of the card (470 versus a 550, the 470 is going to be more powerful). The third number is a slightly enhanced version (my HD3870 from a few years ago was essentially just a factory overclock of the HD3850).

When comparing power between generations, you generally subtract 1 from the second number to compare it to the next generation (so a 660 is going to be fairly comparable to a 750) since newer generation hardware tends to be more efficient than the previous gen.

That of course is not an excuse to do proper research, but if you are doing quick comparison it holds mostly true.

Nzyme32

Will my 820M 2 GB be fine with it?

I'm tempted to say that seems very unlikely, however, min specs are often hit or miss.

For example MGS Rising requires a "minimum" of a nvidia gts450. My laptop with a technically far inferior gt525m, runs the game at 1366x768 flawlessly. I'd take a guess at the framerate being around 40, stable, with default settings that I can't remember.

I think that this is the "right" thread to post it.

It seems that the "unveiling" of PC footage of GZ is going to be held in 2 days, at an event in Akihabara.
It'll be shown at Nvidia's booth there.
http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/274/274840/

Going by Google translator:
November 16 (day) in at the NVIDIA booth of "week bias LIVE" to be held at the Belle Salle Akihabara, Japan's first and demonstration of "NVIDIA SHIELD tablet + Android 5.0", and "Metal Gear Solid V ground Zerozu" PC version of the demo can experience.

You can demo the experience of the first unveiling become "Metal Gear Solid V ground Zerozu" PC version. Moreover, I can play at a high resolution of 4K use the system of "GeForce GTX 980 3-Way SLI".

Also, for those who participated in the session of the new features "VXGI" of the latest GPU architecture "Maxwell" to be held at the NVIDIA booth will be present and signature badge of Metal Gear.
01_cs1e1_480x.jpg

Also, it was tweeted by Kojimapro and retweeted by Kojima himself.
Vsb5iAp.png

Maybe this needs a thread for the news?

Kezen

Banned
I think that this is the "right" thread to post it.

It seems that the "unveiling" of PC footage of GZ is going to be held in 2 days, at an event in Akihabara.
It'll be shown at Nvidia's booth there.
http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/274/274840/

Going by Google translator:

01_cs1e1_480x.jpg

Also, it was tweeted by Kojimapro and retweeted by Kojima himself.
Vsb5iAp.png

Maybe this needs a thread for the news?

That would be great if Kojima Prod (or whoever is handling the PC) implemented some Nvidia bells and whistles.

Spaghetti

new thread for new news maybe?

i dunno. kinda weird they're showing pc footage off in japan first of all places but that explains the early show build. if they're showing it in 4K i'd be really interested in seeing that.

Qassim

If these were accurate, this game requires DirectX11, and therefore it's quite obvious they're not scaling the PC version all the way back to 360 and PS3 levels, so drop this "unoptimised" nonsense citing the PS3 and 360.

If these were accurate, this game requires DirectX11, and therefore it's quite obvious they're not scaling the PC version all the way back to 360 and PS3 levels, so drop this "unoptimised" nonsense citing the PS3 and 360.

That was my first thought, initially but the Vista requirement threw me. I didn't realize they released DX11 on Vista but apparently they did.

Top Bottom