• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Mik2121

Huh. I'm getting the Japanese version, anyone know if it has English subtitles?

Moved over here recently but my language isn't good enough to decipher nanomachines and nukes.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was only in Japanese, but this time they should have tons of free space on the BD so hopefully they added English to it. Even then, Snake's Japanese voice actor is quite nice and it hasn't changed unlike the English version!.

Twinduct

You know, I appreciate Konami asking people not to spoil the game, or stream it. But if you considered it so important for the wider audience to enjoy it at the same time, perhaps you could have put some controls on the sales start for the disc?

Also, screw Europe, wider market = US?

Gonna take a stab in the dark and assume he represents Konami US?
Granted it would be company wide policy but still pretty sure they act independently when it comes to stuff like this.

Also pretty sure discs leaking early is one of those industry things that no one can control. I imagine most of the sold leaked stock comes from Mom & Pop stores (or really bad managed retail chains)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You know, I appreciate Konami asking people not to spoil the game, or stream it. But if you considered it so important for the wider audience to enjoy it at the same time, perhaps you could have put some controls on the sales start for the disc?

Also, screw Europe, wider market = US?

I'm sure it was street dated..... But if it's out there, it's out there... leaks happen.

Huh. I'm getting the Japanese version, anyone know if it has English subtitles?

Moved over here recently but my language isn't good enough to decipher nanomachines and nukes.
English subtitles yes, no English voice.
Yup on the underside.
Nice nice nice.

Now importing the Japanese version can come further down the road, whenever I'm curious about the voicework there. Might save that experience for Phantom Pain though...

Jubern

We know there are English subs in the Japanese version because he tweeted about how he was testing that particular feature, but did they say anything about the English dub not being on the Japanese disc (and vice-versa)?

I love the Japanese cast (gotta love Otsuka and Tanaka) but I'd definitely replay the game in English...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
1394786463-photo.jpg

Finished the "main mission" in about 50 minutes. Even though I was playing the "720p under rated version" the new gen effect has been clearly felt !

A very good starter to get hyped before the Phantom Pain !

How was the performance? Notice any frame drops? 720p look clear or blurry?

ekim

1394786463-photo.jpg

Finished the "main mission" in about 50 minutes. Even though I was playing the "720p under rated version" the new gen effect has been clearly felt !

Where do I get this awesome cover?

I heard its just a reverse cover of the normal cover art.
What I want to know though is if EU gets this awesome cover art too. Want this on my box for sure!
I think someone already said that EU won't get this alt cover :( Would like it too, but I guess we'll just have to print it ourselves.

@ToraShiro - Could we at least get some official high-res artwork of that Shinkawa cover?

spikex

Banned
I think someone already said that EU won't get this alt cover :( Would like it too, but I guess we'll just have to print it ourselves.

@ToraShiro - Could we at least get some official high-res artwork of that Shinkawa cover?

Do you have any official source for that? Because KonamiUK isnt replying my tweets.

Mozz-eyes

Banned

Nice nice nice.

Now importing the Japanese version can come further down the road, whenever I'm curious about the voicework there. Might save that experience for Phantom Pain though...

Perfect! I love Hayter but I'd rather hear the Japanese VO than fucking Keifer Sutherland.

Subtitled is bang on. Hooray!

Wait, what? First there is no platinum trophy and now I must hear that I will not have a reversible cover in my EU version?

Why is everyone else getting the rev. cover, but not EU?!

Audioboxer

1394786463-photo.jpg

Ouch :/

Still I can't not get my pre-order, my PS4 needs games.

Wait, what? First there is no platinum trophy and now I must hear that I will not have a reversible cover in my EU version?

The length of the title probably dictates that.

FrankWza

Correct. Also, looks like there's no preorder bonus for PS4 digital version since you can't preorder it. Is that right? I'm surprised that hasn't been asked but I guess with the reversible cover most are going physical now?

Lol I was streaming (very bad gameplay). Ive beat all the missions and recently jnlocked the deja vu mission by collecting all the xof patches.

I beat the main mission the 2nd time in under 22 minutes. (Rushed it)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can I go, play through Ground Zeroes and finish Peace Walker later without being spoiled that big? I know, Peace Walker leds to Ground Zeroes, but I would really want to play V not so much later...

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Sorry if asked before, but does anyone here know how to access the in game manual? It opens a web page that says enter your username and password? What username and password? Konami ID?

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
People who played it, how long is ur playtime till now?

hemo memo

Gold Member
Sorry if asked before, but does anyone here know how to access the in game manual? It opens a web page but says enter your username and password? What username and password? Konami ID?

Same issue here.

People who played it, how long is ur playtime till now?

Play time: 119 minutes (Main Mission)
Difficulty : Normal

Taking my time at the beginning and rushed the second part of the mission.

So I have a Xbox One, PS3 and 360.

Would the correct choice be Xbox One for me? I know the PS4 version is way better.

I also think I'll have a PS4 by the time the Phantom Pain comes out. I'll want to get TPP for PS4 but I won't get the advantages of owning GZ if i buy it for any of the platforms I currently own.

Frustrating to say the least.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can I go, play through Ground Zeroes and finish Peace Walker later without being spoiled that big? I know, Peace Walker leds to Ground Zeroes, but I would really want to play V not so much later...

I would advise against that. Like you said, Ground Zeroes is a direct sequel to Peace Walker. The intro to Ground Zeroes pretty much spoils one of the biggest twists in Peace Walker.

Defunkled

Hard to believe that this is the first numbered Metal Gear Solid to appear on both Sony & Microsoft platforms day-and-date. I feel like Metal Gear has been coming out on Xbox consoles for a little while, but now that I think about it they've all been ports (Substance, HD Collection) or non-numbered titles (Metal Gear Rising).

TheLight

In yesterday's interview with Keighley, Kojima says it is and it isn't canon. He didn't write the story, so there are some minor details that aren't canon, but the events and overall story of PO take place in the MGS timeline and are canon.

I saw but where is the line? Major Zero, Sigint, Paramedic are all recruit able and apparently help Big Boss in whatever he was doing in that game. Not to mention Gene and what happened in PO are never mentioned again aside from a dismissive line from Kaz in PW.

LAA

Don't suppose anyone with the reversible cover would be kind enough to scan it and upload it?

Pretty annoying it seems its not EU, really don't understand what goes through Konami's head.
"Nice cover, should be put it in for the EU cover?"
"Nah they won't mind, leave it blank"

SJRB

Gold Member
Don't suppose anyone with the reversible cover would be kind enough to scan it and upload it?

Pretty annoying it seems its not EU, really don't understand what goes through Konami's head.
"Nice cover, should be put it in for the EU cover?"
"Nah they won't mind, leave it blank"

They just tweeted this:

WBOSfAj.png

Nice job, guys.

muzzymate

Sorry if asked before, but does anyone here know how to access the in game manual? It opens a web page that says enter your username and password? What username and password? Konami ID?

I would imagine this will get fixed before Tuesday. Probably just because it's not out officially yet.

Top Bottom