• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will arrive on PC via Steam on December 18 2014

kudoboi

a day after my birthday!

and already posted this in the steam thread but im pretty sure this will not be available for purchase in Asia

Kezen

Banned
I wonder who is handling the port. But even if it's not optimized I reckon it will be easy to brute force good performance.
The game is very simplistic graphically speaking.

Definitely not getting GZ but PP is 100% in my sights.
I wonder who is handling the port. But even if it's not optimized I reckon it will be easy to brute force good performance.
The game is very simplistic graphically speaking.

Looking at the PS4 version I have seen screens of, it looks like it does not even have an SSAO. So hope the PC version does!

duckroll

a day after my birthday!

and already posted this in the steam thread but im pretty sure this will not be available for purchase in Asia

I don't think that's true. Metal Gear Rising was restricted from the start, and is still not available in any Asian regions including Japan. On the other hand, the MGSV pages have always been available and actually state that Japanese is an available language.

MormaPope

Banned
Would be very, very, very interesting if people are able to create mods without too much difficulty. Releasing the game with map/level editors would be great.

Looking forward to the system requirements and price.

Would be very, very, very interesting if people are able to create mods without too much difficulty. Releasing the game with map/level editors would be great.

I'm hoping for some fan remakes of the other MGS in the Fox Engine on PC.

Kezen

Banned
Looking at the PS4 version I have seen screens of, it looks like it does not even have an SSAO. So hope the PC version does!
You might even be asking for too much. :/
It's going to look as barren as on consoles but no one will complain because it will run on toasters and it will be praised for its optimization.

DieH@rd

Banned
Great news. Hopefully GZ on Steam will give us clear indication about the enhanchements the game will get on PC. I'm hoping for tweaks that will extend the range of LOD states for objects and shadows. If the PC port fixes those things, I will most likely switch to PC for the full game.

yuraya

Great news :) This will be the first MGS/Kojima game on Steam. It will also be the first MGS game to come to PC in over 10 years.

Can't wait.

Definitely not getting GZ but PP is 100% in my sights.

The PS3 version has SSAO, a very odd looking blocky SSAO. I think it only appears at a distance, edit: PS4 also has it, seems like it fades out for anything like 10 feet away or nearer.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You might even be asking for too much. :/
It's going to look as barren as on consoles but no one will complain because it will run on toasters and it will be praised for its optimization.
Given that my PC is pretty old at this point, I'd be very happy if it ran well and was well optimized.

Palpable

Good. I've put so many hours into the PS4 version that I'm going to wait for a GZ/TPP bundle before I get it for PC.

Vuze

Will get it depending on the price, also wondering how the port will turn out. I still wish there was a PC collection for all them Metal Gear Solid games, really want to get into the franchise without re-buying a PS3 :|

Kezen

Banned
Given that my PC is pretty old at this point, I'd be very happy if it ran well and was well optimized.

It will run well I reckon but that does not tell us much about optimization. I don't know what is your definition of old but I don't see how could the game be too demanding considering how it looks, it should be noted that it runs at 60fps on PS4 so no worries to have on the PC side.

Shantom

That's a bad date for it, the Steam Winter sale will start that week
Edit: Turns out the 18th is a Thursday, so it should open alongside the sale with a discount, and perform very well.

kudoboi

I don't think that's true. Metal Gear Rising was restricted from the start, and is still not available in any Asian regions including Japan. On the other hand, the MGSV pages have always been available and actually state that Japanese is an available language.

i guess time will tell. the store page really looks like a placeholder though.

Dr Dogg

Any that's just the perfect crimbo pressie to myself.

So it's the perfect date for it?

Well I was hoping for a day one Winter Sale discount like Rising got last year but this date just means that there might be the possibility of a day one Fall Sale discount. That would be nice.

Shantom

So it's the perfect date for it?
Actually, yes. I was thinking this would release and then the Steam sale would happen and kill its momentum, but the 18th is a Thursday, so it seems they will have a big opening discount on the first day of the sale. I'll edit my previous post.

Spaghetti

hope it's priced appropriately, but i am pretty excited to go back and play ground zeroes at a decent framerate at 1080p.

sueil

Snake plug you keyboard into the other usb slot. Day 1 buy been waiting for this since before we even knew it was called ground zeroes.

mrlion

This is excellent. However, we do need the entire collection into Steam too that would be an amazing experience playing them on PC.

Top Bottom