• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will arrive on PC via Steam on December 18 2014

Sami+

Oh, neat. I have it on PS4 - at the right price I'd highly recommend it. It's a seriously incredible game.

JayEH

I may have to buy this game...again. Actually I've spent more money on this game then I'm proud to say lol.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
So glad I waited on this....but man what's going on with all these Japanese games coming to PC?...even stuff like naruto, FF13 and dragonball....makes me wonder why I even own a PS4

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
0191_3iahc.gif

MY NANOMACHINES ARE READY

Spaghetti

Wonder what they're asking for it.
konami are aware that people had problems with the initial pricing and they're fairly savvy to what pc gamers expect in terms of paying for games (mgrising with the pre-order price was pretty damn cheap for a full game), so i'm willing to put my money on a relatively low price point.

just don't go expecting 5.99.

feel

Don't really feel like replaying it but will buy to support MGS on Steam. Need that MGS3 on there.

duckroll

konami are aware that people had problems with the initial pricing and they're fairly savvy to what pc gamers expect in terms of paying for games (mgrising with the pre-order price was pretty damn cheap for a full game), so i'm willing to put my money on a relatively low price point.

just don't go expecting 5.99.

Well, it's 9.99 on PSN right now (sale) in some territories. If they release it in 2 months and it's priced at 14.99, it's still going to feel pretty expensive. I'm not sure if they'll be willing to price it at 9.99 right off the bat on PC though.

Spaghetti

Well, it's 9.99 on PSN right now (sale) in some territories. If they release it in 2 months and it's priced at 14.99, it's still going to feel pretty expensive. I'm not sure if they'll be willing to price it at 9.99 right off the bat on PC though.
oh 14.99 is right off the menu, they can't sell a late port of a very short game for that much, but i don't think it'll hit a drastically low base price point of 5.99. maybe with the pre-order/sale incentive price, but i think the game itself is more likely to be in 9.99-12.99 territory.

oh 14.99 is right off the menu, they can't sell a late port of a very short game for that much, but i don't think it'll hit a drastically low base price point of 5.99. maybe with the pre-order/sale incentive price, but i think the game itself is more likely to be in 9.99-12.99 territory.

If they release all of the side missions available in both the Xbone and PS4 versions, it is seriously worth $15. There's a good amount of game there for the price. If you want to 100%, then it's a fucking steal at $15.

Spaghetti

If they release all of the side missions available in both the Xbone and PS4 versions, it is seriously worth $15. There's a good amount of game there for the price. If you want to 100%, then it's a fucking steal at $15.
the side missions are a cert, but i don't think 15.99 is an appropriate price point considering the backlash over the initial pricing. by this point konami have probably wrenched out the majority of consumers who are willing to pay that much (or more) for ground zeroes, now they're probably looking for the evergreen sales that pc brings, and they know that a lower price will entice more customers.

the side missions are a cert, but i don't think 15.99 is an appropriate price point considering the backlash over the initial pricing. by this point konami have probably wrenched out the majority of consumers who are willing to pay that much (or more) for ground zeroes, now they're probably looking for the evergreen sales that pc brings, and they know that a lower price will entice more customers.

Very true. I think that would be the main driving point. Objectively, however, $15 wouldn't be terrible or anything. :)

Durante

I disagree actually. If they know the marketplace, they'll price it at $15 at least.

The reason is simple: you can then much more easily give more significantly-looking discounts, while still making a decent chunk of money per copy. Like 25% off for preorders and 50% off in the first big sale. And I think that's quite important to garner sales on Steam.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Remember when the main reasons to get a Playstation were Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid? Those were the good days man...

Will double dip. I was pretty happy with the amount of time I got out of it on PS4. I really want to get an idea how the engine is going to perform on PC. It'll probably determine where I end up getting TPP.

Spaghetti

Very true. I think that would be the main driving point. Objectively, however, $15 wouldn't be terrible or anything. :)

I disagree actually. If they know the marketplace, they'll price it at $15 at least.

The reason is simple: you can then much more easily give more significantly-looking discounts, while still making a decent chunk of money per copy. Like 25% off for preorders and 50% off in the first big sale. And I think that's quite important to garner sales on Steam.
i mean hey, it could happen, but there's enough contextual information that came from the console launch that would make konami cautious enough to dial the price down. the complaints from consumers forced a price drop before the game released, and there was a degree of grilling konami got over saying ground zeroes was packed with content (and it isn't at all, lot of replay value though).

then again who even knows if they've agreed a price point yet. maybe konami reps like torashiro are reading what people are saying on here, or the steam community forums to judge how people will react to theoretical price points.

RK9039

Finally, I have it on PS3 already but I'm getting this day one.

Will double dip. I was pretty happy with the amount of time I got out of it on PS4. I really want to get an idea how the engine is going to perform on PC. It'll probably determine where I end up getting TPP.

This as well. The only time we saw proper PC footage was GDC 2013, so I want to know how the PC version ended up being.

Nzyme32

The odd thing would be that it looks like MGS:GZ launches on the first day of the Steam Winter Sale. MGR was up for pre-order right at the beginning of last years sale but launched just as it ended, so I'm not sure how things would go this time. £9.99 in the sale but at 50% off might be likely, so that would actually be £14.99 once the sale ends.

I think MGR had a 25% off pre-order with an additional 25% as part of the sale, because I recall purchasing too quickly when the prices didn't update so I missed out on the extra 25% off a few seconds later

Mupod

Will buy day 1 if it's $15. I'll have a PS4 by then but I can hold off.

Snake plug you keyboard into the other usb slot. Day 1 buy been waiting for this since before we even knew it was called ground zeroes.

I dunno if you ever played MGS1 PC but the Mantis fight did have a PC-specific gimmick. You had to swap to the keyboard if you were playing with a gamepad.

Jingo

The only good thing i see about this release date is that kojima said gz pc would come out before phantom pain so if its released this year theres time for phantom pain be released in march :D

Kevyt

If it's 10$ then I'll consider it.

This. Since this game has been out for a while on consoles, it should be no more than $20.00, $10 would be perfect. I was also a bit disappointed I thought for a moment it was MGSV: Phantom Pain coming to PC first...

th4tguy

I'm really curious if the asset streaming is any better on PC. So much popin on the console versions.

Top Bottom