• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

Squire

Banned
Metal gear online appears to be a separate game, free with mgs5, but might not release with mgs5. The state of MGO probably has no bearing on mgs5.

I'm pretty sure that's just a marketing thing. MGO will, at least to start, be a mode on the disc you pick like anything else. They're highlighting the fact KP LA developed it because they're trying to attract talent, but it's really all the same game on the same disc.

AHA-Lambda

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Shredderi

Sounds a litte soon-ish? I mean I'd think they would announce release date sooner to release. Of course I would be very much ok with this.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Erm... You really need to play the other games. In release order.

Plus if he refuses to play them there are those guys on twitch that just wrapped up their 400 hour, yes 400 hour MGS marathon of the entire series where they played through them all like 5 times straight. I am sure the archives are still up for the next month or so.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so that's why Bloodborne was delayed and moved to March !!

data-yes-gif.gif

Loakum

Banned
Come on...still no official release date, and it's allegedly gonna be released in February?!?! This just don't add up people. I'm thinking either June or September 2015.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
Now with MGO possibly not being released along side MGSV:TPP I have a very strong feeling the the main game will get release in Feb and we will later get MGO which I am fine with, and if TPP will be as long as they say it will be, I barely will have anytime for MGO anyways.

NZerker12

If this is legit

OH YESSSS!!

The Metal Gear Series is my favorite game series of all time and with it supposedly being two months away makes it the wait even harder.

My anus is quivering in anticipation for this release. If it is indeed february, then it shall be the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ super star

come on that is retail BS.

seriously if it was to come out in 2 months we NEED to have know by now.

seriously folks its going to get pushed to 2016

[edit] also for normals around the world, we don't have a 24th month.... :p

Muzy72

Banned
Now with MGO possibly not being released along side MGSV:TPP I have a very strong feeling the the main game will get release in Feb and we will later get MGO which I am fine with, and if TPP will be as long as they say it will be, I barely will have anytime for MGO anyways.

Really, MGO might not come in time for TPP release? I thought it was confirmed it would?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
As someone who tried to get into MGS 2/3 and couldn't, but thoroughly enjoys Ground Zeros, should I try again?

Salaadin

As someone who tried to get into MGS 2/3 and couldn't, but thoroughly enjoys Ground Zeros, should I try again?
They're hard to play. If you didn't like before, you won't now. If anything, find some good story recaps and get up to speed.

Ground zeroes is really easy to get into so it's understandable why you enjoy it.

Ark

Holy shit this would be amazing.

Only two months of marketing hype during the least lucrative time of the year though? Hmm...

-Deimos

MGO will be ready when MGSV launches. What I took from that article and others before it is that Kojima is considering doing the same thing Rockstar did by delaying MGO so players have a chance to play through the story without worrying about falling behind in multiplayer.

There's no way they're going to launch MGSV before MGO is finished with development.

Spaghetti

To people on neogaf, don't think there's enough sales there to recoup the budget of this one.
did you forget the phantom pain had its debut at the VGAs? that's mass marketing to a broad audience. not to mention it's made a splash at e3 2013 and 2014, and don't give me shit about only the hardcore knowing about it, if you own a video game console at all you know about e3.

i don't think mgsv is coming in february though, but i don't think it'll see another e3 either.

dc89

Plus if he refuses to play them there are those guys on twitch that just wrapped up their 400 hour, yes 400 hour MGS marathon of the entire series where they played through them all like 5 times straight. I am sure the archives are still up for the next month or so.

OhnBoss

Seriously. They are awesome MGS players. Their knowledge on the series is also insane, and some of the strats they have and the quick thinking. I love watching them.

MGO will be ready when MGSV launches. What I took from that article and others before it is that Kojima is considering doing the same thing Rockstar did by delaying MGO so players have a chance to play through the story without worrying about falling behind in multiplayer.

There's no way they're going to launch MGSV before MGO is finished with development.

on what planet was GTA online complete when GTAV launched? it wasn't even finished when they launched it

Embearded

I can't possibly imagine a case where someone would quit his unfinished story mode to play MGO... That would be hybris at least and should be punished!

#HypeTrain #TeamFebruary #KojimaIsGod #KeptUsWaitingHuh?

Top Bottom