• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

Mr. RHC

Quote:
REP> Greetings.
REP> How may I help you ?
ME> Hello
REP> Hi there
ME> I am inquiring about the release date of a game
ME> Metal Gear Solid 5 - The Phantom Pain
ME> Can you confirm the release date for this title on PS4/XboxOne?
REP> Please hold while I check for the desired info.
ME> Thank you
REP> Thanks for holding.
ME> Thank you
REP> I am sorry but at this moment I am unable to get this information for you.
ME> Okay, is there any reason why? The listing on the site has a date, I was just hoping to confirm it if possible?
REP> I will like to inform you that the release date for your desired item is "Release Date: 2/24/2015 "
REP> You can place your order for pre released items as well.
ME> Is that accurate then? That was my question. As recently, the release date was 12/31/2015, or is it possible that this was a placeholder date?
REP> Please note that the information is provided by our suppliers.
REP> Our website is updated periodically
REP> If there is any change in the information it will be automatically updated.
ME> So given that the release date is now 2/24/15, this information will have come from suppliers? Is that correct?
REP> Yes
ME> That is terrific news then. You are aware that this release information is probably not meant to be in the public domain right now though aren't you? The official release date has not been announced by them yet, although given that yourselves and other retailers are listing this release date, it would seem that announcement is imminent.....?
REP> As I have guided you earlier if there is any change it will be updated on our webshop.
ME> Thank you for your help anyway
REP> You are welcome.
REP> Is there any thing else I may assist you with ?
ME> no that is all thanks :D
REP> You are welcome :)
REP> Thank you for chatting with us and have a nice time.
REP> Good Bye

From MGSForums.

f2XH6L9.gif

-----

zZ0iGK5.png

I hope it doesn't come out until a little later. After Witcher and Bloodborne got pushed back I'd assume I wouldn't have to get a PS4 until March.

teknix

Neo Member
Any idea if the PC version will release along side the consoles? I've seen MGS:V on PC and I can't go back.

RK9039

Dawg c'mon! Even assuming they started working on it only after Peace Walker, that means it's been cooking almost 5 years! Ground Zeroes was polished to a mirror sheen, don't doubt our lord and savior Kojima.... haha

It's like people completely forgot about Project Ogre

Any idea if the PC version will release along side the consoles? I've seen MGS:V on PC and I can't go back.

I'm willing to believe that now that they have all the bits in place now with GZ, and the fact that TPP has been in Driver releases and the steam database for a long, long time now that it will release at the same time as the console versions.

Supposedly one of the benefits of the Fox engine is the ease of porting, it sounds like they just tick a box and it ports itself.

PSOreo

That green text on black screen definitely looks like a Hmv inventory screen; worked there myself once. Those dates are just literally just place holders for going into the new year (they'll update stuff before the end of the year) and those dates are changed constantly. Could even just be a date for when the store is able to take pre-orders.
As much as I want to, I just wouldn't believe this unfortunately.

Reule

It's not going to be out that early. The marketing machine hasn't had time to rake in pre-orders with a concrete date. I still believe it'll be around June.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Surely Derrick wouldn't lie to us.

Has it been mentioned if they PC version is supposed to launch on the same day as the consoles?

RangerBAD

That just confirms that is the date they have listed on their store. Doesn't make it any less a placeholder. I'd love to be wrong.

I like the idea of not announcing exact release dates until soon before release. I think Nintendo did that with a few Wii games last gen.

However, I think this 2/24/2015 release date for MGSV: PP is BS...I'm thinking Q3 2015 is more likely.

Buntabox

Worked at Hastings for 5 years. It's not the release date. The system would be wrong for games that were SUPPOSED to be out already. I felt like that company was the last to know anything. No way this is real.

zkorejo

I hope it is true... but ... at this point it feels like it will never release. I will keep my eyes on the 25th Dec Kojima Station.. if there is no release date, I will go back to avoiding MGS V news until there is a release date.

Grief.exe

I'm willing to believe that now that they have all the bits in place now with GZ, and the fact that TPP has been in Driver releases and the steam database for a long, long time now that it will release at the same time as the console versions.

Supposedly one of the benefits of the Fox engine is the ease of porting, it sounds like they just tick a box and it ports itself.

Prior precedent is also set with the Lords of Shadow release, which followed a similar formula. The PC platform has just become far too lucrative to ignore.

no, the camp omega mission seen in GZ is a separate prologue to the TPP story. (presumably) TPP will pick up right where GZ left off

Konami also won't want to alienate potential consumers that missed out on Ground Zeroes.

I highly doubt GZ won't be included in some form, why wouldn't a publicly traded company look to maximize sales?

Konami also won't want to alienate potential consumers that missed out on Ground Zeroes.

I highly doubt GZ won't be included in some form, why wouldn't a publicly traded company look to maximize sales?

I see them doing one of two things:

1) Including only the main Ground Zeroes mission, but not the Side Ops.
- This ensures that everyone has played a key chapter of Metal Gear Solid V.
- Ground Zeroes owners (probably) not upset with inclusion due to Side Ops being exclusive to the product they paid for.
2) Starting (Ground Zeroes spoilers)
in the hospital, rather than where Ground Zeroes leaves off -- which I believe is misdirection (missing footage of Snake after Mother Base from trailers; footage gets cut, sure, but GZ's story had probably been in place for years, which is why I don't believe that to be the case)
for those who don't have Ground Zeroes save data.
- Snake's coma has been confirmed to work as somewhat of a story-telling device. Hideo has stated that newcomers will be able to enjoy the story as much as anyone else, leading me to believe that this is a possibility.

(Those are the two most likely scenarios, in my estimation. I don't necessarily disagree with you, though.)

Top Bottom