• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

GravyButt

Dont see this happening. He may have a fews screws loose, but 2 months for a AAA title of this magnitude would be crazy.

Plus, its not like a blitzkrieg of marketing would appear (say if he announces it on xmas) out of the blue one day without so much of a hint from anyone recently.

UrbanRats

image.php

RIP.
Never forget.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Dont see this happening. He may have a fews screws loose, but 2 months for a AAA title of this magnitude would be crazy.

Plus, its not like a blitzkrieg of marketing would appear (say if he announces it on xmas) out of the blue one day without so much of a hint from anyone recently.

this is the man who once wasted an entire marketing campaign on the first hour of the game
a man who recently created a whole studio just to fuck with people

do you really think kojima is not that crazy?
Also, Konami could announce the release date as tomorrow and it'd still be the best selling game of 2014, metal gear fans are crazy like that.

this is the man who once wasted an entire marketing campaign on the first hour of the game

Also, Konami could announce the release date as tomorrow and it'd still be the best selling game of 2014, metal gear fans are crazy like that.

Hahahaha, lest we forget.

GravyButt

This is true. I may have underestimated his crazyness, but this would still be crazy.

This all just seems too crazy I mean, the evidence is there but holy shit!

If we actually get the release date on Christmas, and it turns out to be February I'll lose my shit.

Poor Derrick01, wonder what he's up to now?
Probably hating games.

vazel

Banned
I hope this isn't true. I was hoping for Evolve to be my main mp game for a few months before I moved over to MGO3.

I work at the retailer the OP/reddit posted. We're not really a big player in the gaming industry, so idk how we'd have a date before anyone else.

That being said, the long delayed NECA Master Chief figure had a date posted that I thought was BS, and we actually had one on that date, so who knows?

Two fake studios in the past two years!! Moby Dick Studios and 7780s Studio!

did you forget the phantom pain had its debut at the VGAs? that's mass marketing to a broad audience. not to mention it's made a splash at e3 2013 and 2014, and don't give me shit about only the hardcore knowing about it, if you own a video game console at all you know about e3.

I think you're vastly overestimating how wide E3 and VGA penetrates in the public. Those things only hit the hardcore crowd and doesn't connect with the "four games a year" mainstream group that makes up a massive segment of console owners.

I think you're vastly overestimating how wide E3 and VGA penetrates in the public. Those things only hit the hardcore crowd and doesn't connect with the "four games a year" mainstream group that makes up a massive segment of console owners.

(1) word of mouth from these events penetrates deep than you think. the 4 games per year crowd heard about xbox one drm, they knew what watch dogs was, etc etc.

(2) the 4 games/year mainstream gamer doesn't need months and months of anticipation for a game. a super bowl commercial or a few commercials during the nfl playoff game could do the trick. you can easily accomplish that in 2 months

i don't think it's coming in february, but "there's not enough time to market it" is shaky rational at best

JayEH

Mainstream marketing doesn't start until a couple weeks before launch. If they wanted to release in February, they could.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Let's not forget they're still doing VA sessions, both english and japanese, so a february release date is almost impossible.

What if there's another Ground Zeroes-like game first? We've seen parts of the Africa mission right? What if that is what we are going to get in February?

JayEH

Let's not forget they're still doing VA sessions, both english and japanese, so a february release date is almost impossible.

Not if it's just radio/codec. There's also that story with David Hayter doing VO 6 weeks before going gold.

What if there's another Ground Zeroes-like game first? We've seen parts of the Africa mission right? What if that is what we are going to get in February?

No, lol. TPP takes place on two or more large maps in different places in the world. There will be lots of different missions in Africa and Afghanistan, they just showed a special mission for TGS.

Spaghetti

both the VGAs and e3 were on spike. that's television. that's television on a mass market mainstream channel, and a channel the four games a year crowd are likely to actually watch.

not to mention for several years if you ever turn your game console on in the month of june you get a number of dashboard ads saying effectively "HEY COME CHECK OUT THE NEW SHIT WE SHOWED AT E3"

Verendus

Banned
I would honestly love this if true, but it's not. It can't be. The sooner, the better as far as I'm concerned though. It's been ten years since I last got a Metal Gear Solid game I loved. Kojima has had so long with this game that I really hope he delivers.

vato_loco

I'm on board the hype train so bad, my ass just fused with the chair.

A February release would be too good to be true, but it could happen.

Akiller

March would not be bad, one year after GZ.If it'll be March that means the game reached a good Development point and they're just polishing it. Btw, it'll come out before next E3 For sure.
Just hurry up Kojipro, so you Will announce motherfucking Rising 2 after that.
Is that a real female? /
chico

DrBo42

The carnival is back in town just in time for Christmas! Asking store reps to confirm a release date? People lose all logic and reason when it comes to MGS. It's pure insanity.

Top Bottom