• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V release date - 2/24/15? (From Reddit! Take w/ grain of salt.)

Durante

kzggae.gif
Bad SSAO.

Andy, force them to use HBAO+ or something on PC.

RK9039

Have they said anything about why Quiet is barely dressed?

Major story spoilers:
It's because Quiet is Chico who is also the grandson of The End who is the father of Sniper Wolf and that allows Chico/Quiet to change the colour of his skin which also means that he'll become Decoy Octopus eventually in TPP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Major story spoilers:
It's because Quiet is Chico who is also the grandson of The End who is the father of Sniper Wolf and that allows Chico/Quiet to change the colour of his skin which also means that he'll become Decoy Octopus eventually in TPP.

more like Major FAKE story spoilers

WGMBY

Åesop;144308797 said:
Wait, so that's why Bloodborne was delayed and moved to March !!

I think I'm skipping the Order, so this will give me something to do while I wait for that sweet, sweet cane-whip

Batzi

Banned
I think I'm skipping the Order, so this will give me something to do while I wait for that sweet, sweet cane-whip

The Order? Dude I don't even know why people are interested in this game. I tried it, nothing special. Graphically it's beautiful but otherwise nothing really special.

CHC

This Quiet theory is so insane, but now I don't know what to think. Kojima would do something like this, there is no doubt, but I'm all mixed up.

This game man, MGS is back. Personally I thought 4 was a little bit weak but I'm so glad there's this return to amazing hype, amazing ambition, amazing graphics, and amazingly insane fan theories.

CHC

I still don't buy it with the Microsoft chat. The reality is that most of those guys don't care and just want to get done with your inquiry so they can eventually go home.

Still, I'd love if it really did come out then, but I wouldn't trust customer service reps with information like this, they probably don't have much more information than you.

I still don't buy it with the Microsoft chat. The reality is that most of those guys don't care and just want to get done with your inquiry so they can eventually go home.

Still, I'd love if it really did come out then, but I wouldn't trust customer service reps with information like this, they probably don't have much more information than you.

Yeah they're likely just going to the store page and saying that it's legit since it's on there. I can dream though.

CHC

Yeah they're likely just going to the store page and saying that it's legit since it's on there. I can dream though.

Yeah I mean it's not like clinging to this stupid thread to make my MGS dreams come true or anything. Oh wait, shit, that is what I'm doing...

Squishy3

The Microsoft store one is pointless, as the rep is just double checking the listing and making sure it's the same for them.

As has been said in the thread before, normally, place holders are end of a fiscal quarter (March 31st, 2015.) and not a specific date like 2/24/2015. (Which is also a Tuesday, so take that as you will.)

No guarantee it is legit, but the hype train has already left the station.

Never trust a retailer's date. Unless it came from a publisher. Considering everything is silent from our side, can you guess which of these this one is?

It's not from us. No official date has been announced yet.

Murkrow

Banned
Never trust a retailer's date. Unless it came from a publisher. Considering everything is silent from our side, can you guess which of these this one is?

You crushed the hearts of million of people in seconds.

Verendus

Banned

Can you tell everyone it's a Summer release? It's the season of sunshine and rainbows.

Spaghetti

somebody should really add this post to the OP

so tora... any announcements coming in the remainder of 2014?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Toraaaaa

:(

Dimmle

Your avatar is winking, though. If I squint.

adf.jpg

When I woke up this morning I certainly didn't want to come in and smash people's dreams. That's not why I'm here. But I'm also trying to fulfill my duty (heh) of being honest and as straightforward as possible with fans. Wish they hadn't posted a date (especially a wrong date), but here we are.

If anything I hope people realize that they should be wary when a retailer posts an unverified date unless corroborated by a publisher.

yuraya

Yea no way it would be this early. This is biggest game for Konami in years. The release date will be announced at some big gaming event. Most likely a Japanese gaming event of some kind. Not stealth released through some Microsoft site lol.

Kojima has been teasing this game for several years now. He is going to drag fans through trolling hell before telling them the date. That is just the type of person he is. It won't be this simple :p

Dunkley

adf.jpg

When I woke up this morning I certainly didn't want to come in and smash people's dreams. That's not why I'm here. But I'm also trying to fulfill my duty (heh) of being honest and as straightforward as possible with fans. Wish they hadn't posted a date (especially a wrong date), but here we are.

If anything I hope people realize that they should be wary when a retailer posts an unverified date unless corroborated by a publisher.

Hey, if anything, better sooner than later.

Thanks for the official word.

Murkrow

Banned
adf.jpg

Are you doing the classic Kojima manipulating troll action?

Chinner

Banned
Can we add this to list of fails that #teamhype has fallen for?

Joakim Mogren CGI
Chico is Quiet
Grey Fox is Big Boss
David Hayter is returning
February release date

Bry0

This.

There's no way it's that early. At best it will be June, and if that they need to announce a date really soon.
You guys do realize that Blizzard usually announces release dates about 2 to 3 months ahead of time right? They did it with diablo 3. I certainly wouldn't consider the timing unusual.

Top Bottom