• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date nearing announcement

That's how Kaz would want it.

Oh believe me, you don't have to worry about where my allegiances lie - I'm an OG Metal Gear fan. I've been around since the very beginning of the Metal Gear saga with the MSX original [I didn't just discover the saga because I heard about MGS for the PSOne in 1998 from a second hand source, or from a friend like some fans did - not that there is anything wrong with discovering the saga like that - I just feel a strong sense of pride in knowing that I was deeply into it before it became the phenomenon it is today].

I eat, sleep, breathe, live, love and cherish the Metal Gear saga.

Nothing and I mean nothing could sway my allegiance to Metal Gear.

qKPQS7J.gif

Skullface

How long does the bug test fase last?

I'm in for an "Available Now"

According to Yong's video, they're done with bug testing. I got the impression that they're making tweaks and minor adjustments. But then what about these VO sessions? I'm incredibly confused.

Wow, is this right? The translation in Yong's video suggested that bug testing is finished, that Kojima played the game from start to finish, and that he's mostly requesting fine tuning. Plox.

Hey! Read my post! Watch Yong's video! Change your stance!

...No more Grey Fox?

A) The "fine tuning" in a Kojima game may take longer than we'd like

B) Even if the game can feasibly be on shelves in June for example, there's still the issue of choosing the best timeframe to fit Konami's strategy

November just fits, as much as I hate to admit it.

JayEH

How long does the bug test fase last?

I'm in for an "Available Now"

You test for bugs throughout development but usually optimization and all out bug fixing occurs in beta so anywhere from like 2-6 months.

But I think they're wrapping that up now so they should be ready to announce a date soon.

getting hyped to see solid snake returned voiced by ryan gosling

Ahh Chinner, I see you're part of #TeamGosling as well.

fritzo

so could TPP be only a few months away? From where they're at in the development process are they almost done? What else could be left to do?

Skullface

A) The "fine tuning" in a Kojima game may take longer than we'd like

B) Even if the game can feasibly be on shelves in June for example, there's still the issue of choosing the best timeframe to fit Konami's strategy

November just fits, as much as I hate to admit it.

I hate the idea of withholding a completed product for the sake of maximizing sales. Fucking pisses me off.

You test for bugs throughout development but usually optimization and all out bug fixing occurs in beta so anywhere from like 2-6 months.

But I think they're wrapping that up now so they should be ready to announce a date soon.

Ahh Chinner, I see you're part of #TeamGosling as well.

The quickest beta I was a part of was 2 months. The longest took 9 months, though I've had coworkers on some games for up to and possibly over a year. Understand that the technical definition of a beta for most developers is "game is fundamentally finished, i.e. all assets in the game have been implemented and story is capable of completion from start to finish, barring crashes or unintended non-progressions."

What remains is functionality (game plays as intended) and first-party compliance.

Skullface

The quickest beta I was a part of was 2 months. The longest took 9 months, though I've had coworkers on some games for up to and possible over a year. Understand that the technical definition of a beta for most developers is "game is fundamentally finished, i.e. all assets in the game have been implemented and story is capable of completion from start to finish, barring crashes or unintended non-progressions."

Whelp, there ya have it.

so could TPP be only a few months away? From where they're at in the development process are they almost done? What else could be left to do?
Right now, they're just scratching their balls and refreshing GAF to make fun of us.
When they get tired of doing that some time next year, they'll release the game.

Edit: and they have ToraShiro feeding us disinformation.
The next thing you know, he'll tell you James Franco isn't Chico. And you'll have to wonder why he'd tell you that.

JayEH

The quickest beta I was a part of was 2 months. The longest took 9 months, though I've had coworkers on some games for up to and possible over a year. Understand that the technical definition of a beta for most developers is "game is fundamentally finished, i.e. all assets in the game have been implemented and story is capable of completion from start to finish, barring crashes or unintended non-progressions."

What remains is functionality (game plays as intended) and first-party compliance.

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. (For general beta testing of course)

Edit: and they have ToraShiro feeding us disinformation.
The next thing you know, he'll tell you James Franco isn't Chico. And you'll have to wonder why he'd tell you that.

Aw, man. I just saw the one thing I could actually answer in the thread. If you want some confirmation of anything it would be that I can 100% back the statements made during KojiSta, but you already knew that.

Skullface

Aw, man. I just saw the one thing I could actually answer in the thread. If you want some confirmation of anything it would be that I can 100% back the statements made during KojiSta, but you already knew that.

To that end, can you verify the accuracy of some of the translations?

Batzi

Banned
Oh believe me, you don't have to worry about where my allegiances lie - I'm an OG Metal Gear fan. I've been around since the very beginning of the Metal Gear saga with the MSX original [I didn't just discover the saga because I heard about MGS for the PSOne in 1998 from a second hand source, or from a friend like some fans did - not that there is anything wrong with discovering the saga like that - I just feel a strong sense of pride in knowing that I was deeply into it before it became the phenomenon it is today].

qKPQS7J.gif

You make me proud.

Defcon_2Fast4u

Neo Member
July and August would be a great release window. I would actually be able to play it. Fall Semester is going to be killer for me.

I want to enjoy Batman in June.

Nope, but I wouldn't mind a prosthetic arm statue or Rex.

Tora get to work XD

Fuck the arm, but if there's a Rex they can take my money before even a second has elapsed from the announcement.

There won't be a Rex though. At best they'll have whatever MG is in this game and I'd have no hype for that.

EDIT: Ok so I decided to search for it. Argos of all places sell it:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/320324.htm

£329.99. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

qKPQS7J.gif

Haha you've read me like a book there. When I was 7 it was a friend from school that told me about MGS1, I remember how vividly I imagined all the details, the storyline details etc.

Big Boss ranks like you deserve all the respect in !s I can give!

Mifec

I thought I'd post when we actually had a set date to look forward to, but the hype is getting to me too. MG GAF is a great community that I should be posting into more with my love for and legacy in the franchise, but I'd be talking about older games and should (a very weak should) be avoiding a lot of info for MGSV, but dammit. The sooner I know when it is, the sooner I can plan out a BB saga playthrough.

And while I can't wait for it, Tora, since he's probably doing it already, tell Kojima thanks for all the fine tuning, and everything else he's putting into this.

Haha you've read me like a book there. When I was 7 it was a friend from school that told me about MGS1, I remember how vividly I imagined all the details, the storyline details etc.

Big Boss ranks like you deserve all the respect in !s I can give!

Thanks!!

Props to you though too, just for being a fan of the greatest game series of all time!!

oboy.gif

Top Bottom