• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | Review Thread | Words That Kill

213372bu

Banned
Yo, if anybody knows if any cities in Florida have a store that is breaking the street date if you could let me know via PM that would be great.

hey guys quote me for stream.

I'm just running through side missions until i get shut down :(

You play impressively fast. Nice to see that action gameplay really works well too. Previous MGS games only really shined when playing 100% stealth I felt.

Going to bail now, but man am I hyped.

maltrain

Wow, it's not the Day One?. I'm not feeling it too much, glad I didn't spent all that money on it lol, could it be that latam recieves a different CE. or those 3 items it's all there is?

It's all there except the codes. I hope to have more info tomorrow.

213372bu

Banned
Ahahaha threw the clip to get a guard distracted and ended up getting him runover lol.

All with Ride of the Valkyrie in the background.

I can't.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
probably why no preload. they know people would find some way to play it early.

I'm pretty sure this has never happened on Steam. Preloads are very well encrypted and usually missing important executables that are downloaded during unlock. Konami are just butts.

dodged a bullet there, that is trash
Lmaoooo!! Bruh! Pure unadulterated trash!
After getting the uncharted 3 special edition back in 2011, I told myself to never EVER get a special edition game thing ever again. They are really useless to me. All I need is the game and I'm good

It's all there except the codes. I hope to have more info tomorrow.

Ah, cool then.

I saw you guys are doing a social media contest for one, I'll participate :) If I do not win, I'll see If I find one in some weeks, I may buy one then. Even if it is the Xbox One CE.

PS4 Day One will come one way or another next tuesday.

Loakum

Banned
CNXbE7aWcAAee7a.jpg:large

CNXbBmZWgAAqkHR.jpg:large

For USA residents that want the Shinkawa steelbook edition, They're selling it on ebay for $80 (free shipping) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Gear-...e-Brand-New-/371411005415?hash=item5679d22fe7
If ya interested, you might want to hurry up before the (official) release, because prices tend to shoot up.

Loakum

Banned
I can't do $80 man. Damn I do want it though. Wasn't it like $30 at one point

I feel ya man. I had to hold my nose and order it. I'm already getting the collector's edition, but even that edition seems naked without the Shinkawa steel book cover. $80 is the cheapest I've seen it online for usa buyers....unless you seen someone just selling the steelbook cover without the game? :(

Collectors edition looks nice. Wasn't expecting the arm to be that big honestly. Although I am kind of bummed about not getting the other steelbook but it makes me passing up getting a regular copy easier.

Collectors edition looks nice. Wasn't expecting the arm to be that big honestly. Although I am kind of bummed about not getting the other steelbook but it makes me passing up getting a regular copy easier.
Regarding the arm: As much as I really don't need plastic CE crap, I kinda feel like it would be a lot better at the 1:1 scale like the Japanese version, because letting it hold your controller when you aren't using it is just perfect. I would actually leave it out indefinitely if it could do that,.

despire

How is the behind the scenes BD in the CE version? Literally the biggest reason why I'm interested in it. If it's good and long enough might go for that.

How is the behind the scenes BD in the CE version? Literally the biggest reason why I'm interested in it. If it's good and long enough might go for that.

I'm expecting it to be quite something since it's Kojima's final MGS game that and well if MGS4's documentary is anything to go by, it should be amazing.

Top Bottom