• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | Review Thread | Words That Kill

Man it's going to be so hard to get a good taste of the game and then have to stop for a few days. That's why I hope 8/31 unlock date is accurate...

Tansut

I feel bad for you guys that bought from Best Buy. I've never gotten anything close to the release date when ordering from them online.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They just couldn't let Kojima have the last word, could they.

Well to be fair they have a game to sell.

Kojima's trailer was more for fans while this is more like a "holy shit i need this game" hype tv spot.

T-Rex.

Banned
I played through the prologue and the first two missions earlier and holy shit. What an introduction. Oh and the soundtrack is killer.

maltrain

Nobody with the Collector's Edition yet?

I really want to know about the lack of DLC codes in american edition at least...

I feel bad for you guys that bought from Best Buy. I've never gotten anything close to the release date when ordering from them online.

I'm half hoping mine gets backordered/cancelled since I got the vanilla version for $40 at Walmart. I barely have enough time to game as it is, so getting it after the 1st doesn't really bother me.

Anyone got a socal shop? I don't care if it's San Diego, OC, or LA. I'm willing to go as far as it takes. PM me please.

Asking in this thread to see if anyone else has some places.

first impression of the game:

1. The intro is fucking fantastic.

2. This is the best looking open world game and it's running at 60 FPS. Textures looks amazing (hugely improved over Ground Zeroes), the draw distance is great, the lighting is gorgeous , animation is top notch, and characters models are finely detailed. Really impressed by how good the game looks.

3. Atmosphere is great and the music really is on point.

4. Gameplay is intense and you really feel like a ninja, the open areas really keeps you on the edge of your seat .

I have only completed the intro and progressing in the first mission, still didn't see mother base stuff. This game is delivering all I have wanted from a next gen MGS game so far.

Permanently A

2. This is the best looking open world game and it's running at 60 FPS. Textures looks amazing (hugely improved over Ground Zeroes), the draw distance is great, the lighting is gorgeous , animation is top notch, and characters models are finely detailed. Really impressed by how good the game looks.

4. Gameplay is intense and you really feel like a ninja, the open areas really keeps you on the edge of your seat .

I have only completed the intro and progressing in the first mission, still didn't see mother base stuff. This game is delivering all I have wanted from a next gen MGS game so far.

I NEED IT

I've been avoiding most info, but I finally sat down to play Ground Zeroes on my PS4, and I know you can import your save into TPP. I'm going to play TPP on PC, so am I going to be able to download someones 100% complete GZ PC save file or what?

d9b

Banned

Platform?

I just a bought a gaming PC, never really gamed before on anything other than consoles. The DS4, is it just plug and play? I'm using Windows 8.

It's plug and play with a handful of games.

There is pretty simple software out there (DS4Windows and Input Mapper are the two, I believe) and those will allow you to emulate your DS4 as an Xbox controller.

Top Bottom