• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | Review Thread | Words That Kill

Branson

So is it known what carries over from Ground Zeroes yet? Special costumes or anything other than the POWs and special characters you rescue?

Plasma

Banned
tn9NU4Y.jpg

78% installed, go faster!

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Are the ones that got it on pc going to play it on a controller or keyboard and mouse?

I will probably play kb/m. It works really well in Ground Zeroes. Looking around is so much better with a mouse. There are two annoying things that I hope they fix though. One is that the mouse doesn't work in menus or iDroid, the other is that movement becomes too sensitive when zoomed in with the binoculars.

dc89

Shall we make an impressions thread?

MGS Community don't really want impressions on the thread, and they don't seem to fit in here either. Nor should they belong in the spoiler thread.

Carbonox

MGS Community don't really want impressions on the thread, and they don't seem to fit in here either. Nor should they belong in the spoiler thread.

A spoiler free impressions thread might be cool for us who got the game early and to be useful for release and onwards.

Arnie7

Banned

I'd prefer to have impressions on the OT but others might want to wait that long.

brau

holy cow.. where you guys finding all these copies haha... i am in Portland OR and i don't see many places that would break the release date. :(

People with early copies....how?

Why?

And why not me :(

holy cow.. where you guys finding all these copies haha... i am in Portland OR and i don't see many places that would break the release date. :(

And I doubt SF has any places that break street dates as well.

Erban1

What a terrible feeling...I wish Konami would just pull the trigger and let everyone sell this...it's in plenty of hands at this point

Has anybody played xbox one version? How's it?

It looks pretty damn good compared to GZ, plus the pop-in has been improved signifcantly. I have a problem it seems that the game for some reason is not saving my clips nor screenshots so I cannot share but as soon as this bug or whatever goes away, I'll post a few non-spoiler screenshots in Afghanistan.

EDIT: For those that have a home theater setup, this game's sound mixing is a BEAST. You'll have a blast.

[HP]

Alright, so I managed to get a copy last night and take it for a spin!

KxYmwFz.jpg

Call me a fucking nerd, but I was so excited my heart was racing. Played it for about 4 hours last night, before my eyes just gave up and forced me to go to bed, I couldn't believe that not only I was playing a new MGS game, I was playing what's most likely the last true MGS game, and oh man it's a glorious game...

I won't spoil anything for anyone of course, but just to talk a little bit about it, the first couple of hours of the game are absolutely batshit kojisan-insane cinematic action.
As for the core of the game itself, I only played a few missions, but I can already tell I'll be spending dozens of hours immersed into this world. It still feels like that familiar Metal Gear game we all know and love but at the same time it feels like a new kind of game I've never played before,almost feels like a new genre of game, it's so fresh! The freedom you have in here is absolutely unparalleled, and there's so many different ways to tackle the missions, that most likely no two playthroughs from two different people of a single mission will be the same, which of course adds a lot of replayability value to the game.

It just feels so good to play a game that doesn't underestimate the players intelligence, quite the contrary it asks for the player to be creative with his thinking, this game breathes gameplay and I love it for it!

Again, I only played a few hours but let me know if you have any questions, as long as they're not related to the story.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
OMFG someone PLEASE tell me anywhere in Vancouver is selling it already.

I've had mine preordered at BestBuy already

THIS IS KILLING ME.

KevinG

Ugh. So jealous of the early copiers. If anyone knows of any place in Tampa/St. Pete or anything remotely in that area, PM me...

I'm in Cape Coral, a couple hours south of you, and the nearest I can find is over near Miami.

Edit: I should clarify that this was through Craigslist, but it looked reputable (or as reputable as you can get selling a street dated game early).

Top Bottom