• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | Review Thread | Words That Kill

I found one!!!!!

Wbq9jB6.jpg

Miami gaf pm me!

requoting for more south florida gaf.
Godspeed my floridian brothers/sisters.

Somebody help out our North Florida peeps (like me)

DrBo42

Finished the intro, let me be a voice of reason. It's cool but goes on for what feels like an eternity. Don't believe the masterpiece talk IMO. It is indeed batshit crazy though.

iMax

OK, I might try that later.

I have a suspicion of what's going on. The disc will not spin when the game is being played—only when it is closed. I've left the PS4 in rest mode with the game suspended and I think I can hear the disc spinning.

I'll give it an hour or so and check back. If there's no luck, I'll uninstall and report back.

For anyone else having "installing game data" issues, this is what fixed the problem for me:

Hold PS button > Hit "Power Options" > Restart console.

A full power cycle later and the in-game installation timer works as expected.

Any stores in LA or OC area? I got one in mind but I have no idea if they will sell to me. Would like other options if I'm gonna drive all the way over.

Please respond.

Phionoxx

For those that have found stores willing to sell the game early in the US - did you call them over the phone to ask if they had it in stock and would sell before hand? Or is it better to just drive over and show up in person?

Wondering if they would deny having it over the phone but then be willing to sell in person. Not sure how that works.

fourstorks

Neo Member
... it's weird that people are THAT impressed by it visually, I guess it's the crazy hype, I can relate to that :)

Some of it might be hyperbole originating from people only seeing the game from blurry/compressed HD videos online, rather than in person.

Also, sorry but I'd kick myself if I didn't ask: if someone knows how or where to find an early copy in the Omaha area I'd appreciate a PM. :)

gman7722

Neo Member
Anybody know of stores in SF/Bay Area selling it? Hell, even Sacramento or central valley? Please shoot me a PM. Much appreciated.

Any Austin or Ft Hood gaffers find a place selling please PM me. Still hoping to see if they have the CE thing sorted. I'm considering canceling and going with day one.

ValfarHL

My impression after 4 hours last night:

1) Best looking game I have ever seen on a console. I literally was talking to myself. First game to make me feel yeah this is what next gen was supposed to be.

2) The intro is a masterpiece.

The music is good. The atmosphere is second to none.

Bold part is pretty interesting considering this is a cross gen and cross platform game.
In Kojigod we trust. <3

Top Bottom