• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Probably, yes.

ibqP4IXYvxcfKN.gif

Salaadin

I don't think there will be anything tomorrow. From that live stream, didn't they say that announcement was ign exclusive? I'm thinking it was the release date and nothing more

All that is left for tomorrow is a probable trailer presentation and the announcement of the different versions of the game to pre-order [i.e. Premium Packages, Limited Edition, etc.].

Hopefully anyway.

Any chance of this Tora [am I close]?

6 months huh. Kept waiting indeed. Well it is what it is I guess. Day one what ever the release date was so at least we know now.

EDIT - bad calculations were done so I fixed them. 6 not 8.

Ame

Shit, that's to far out for my liking. On the flip side there are a bunch of games from now until the summer to keep me busy, but MGSV was thee game I wanted to play the most this year.

/XX/

Maybe it couldn't possibly be well received in general on this era of continuous demand for instantaneous information, but now that we definitely know the release date... would a majority of people be annoyed (or maybe interested) in experiencing another blackout-style (forced) "marketing" campaign in the vein of the infamous 'MGS2 SUBMERGES' one? I think that the veil of mystery really helped in the end to the promotion of that game (and the excellent demo too, that played along the tune of the ruse to come).

Toparaman

Banned
Man, the year's practically over by then. 2015 is going to be a lamer year then I thought.

6 fucking months... ;_;

Oh well. If that's how long it takes to get a polished MGS V, then so be it.

Its right when fucking classes start for me. Thats why I'm pissed. Hell, 20 days earlier would be fine but FUCK

Well, you know, it's not like you have to work every day or anything... Seriously, calm down, take a deep breath and realize that we're lucky just to get the game in the first place.

Gratitude. It's a little thing that some seem to have forgotten.

Anyway, it'll come out a day before my birthday, so that'll be a nice little gift to myself :D

Boke1879

Man, the year's practically over by then. 2015 is going to be a lamer year then I thought.

6 fucking months... ;_;

Oh well. If that's how long it takes to get a polished MGS V, then so be it.

LOl jut because MGSV comes out Sept 1st it makes 2015 a lamer year? I can understand being disappointed by the release date but some of the comments in this thread man...

Heartfyre

Ideal timing for me. I'm getting a PS4 mid-August anyway.

Terrible that it leaked, though. IGN and Konami must be devastated.

co1onel

I'm cool with this. I've got so many other things to be playing till then, not to mention I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to afford a PS4 by summer.

I've dreamed of this day for so long, now it's here. Sept 1st is god damn perfect. Gimme that 1080p 60fps.
Will double dip on PC anyways

Not 100% sure whether or not i like the story structure. Sounds to familiar to PW which kinda sucked. As long as the side missions aren't too distracting or kill the flow, it'll be cool. Can't fucking wait.

Ideal timing for me. I'm getting a PS4 mid-August anyway.

Terrible that it leaked, though. IGN and Konami must be devastated.
How do things like this always seem to get leaked?

Like IGN Italy..somehow just put it on their site and somehow "forgot" to make it private?

Idk, i'm potatoe when it comes to website design so confused.jpg

Darknight

Can someone explain to me why that user "Dawg" was banned and why does IGN staff have to do with this date reveal?? I missed some of the drama I see!

eso76

I don't think there will be anything tomorrow. From that live stream, didn't they say that announcement was ign exclusive? I'm thinking it was the release date and nothing more

You guys think IGN exclusive deal only consisted in revealing a date ?
A single piece of information that would be on absolutely every website on earth in a matter of milliseconds ?

How do you even make a release date announcement exclusive ?

Jingo

A single piece of information that would be on absolutely every website on earth in a matter of milliseconds ?

Yep i think it was only the interview with the release date, that was fking important.

I think the IGN exclusive is the interview video that this leaked date comes from.

EDIT: Beaten by Jingo.

School starts September 8th for me.

Praise Kojima I get to play it while I have time and stress-free.

The inevitable 'Big Boss' Badge/Title run will make me lose hair

The video is an IGN branded video. Whatever news there is will get posted everywhere anywhere.

Top Bottom