• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

I posted this in the Community thread as well:

Did anybody else get the possible reference of this image to the Christian Ash Wednesday?

bigbossizpee.png

It is the first day of fasting in which Christians commemorate Jesus' 40 days fasting in the desert, where he endured repeated temptation by Satan. On this day Christians ceremonially mark the sign of the cross with ashes on their forehead.

Sounds like a theme that could relate to Big Boss' transformation in TPP.

fritzo

Please Konami release a MGO Beta in June at least. I trust that the finished product will work at the time of release, but why take that chance. Release a beta to figure out the kinks. And it might get a lot of new users to the game to try it out. please.

wanders

Did anybody else get the possible reference of this image to the Christian Ash Wednesday?

It is the first day of fasting in which Christians commemorate Jesus' 40 days fasting in the desert, where he endured repeated temptation by Satan. On this day Christians ceremonially mark the sign of the cross with ashes on their forehead.

Maybe its a "1" for the release date ???????

Man, you can really see the anger and sadness in his eye.

I also can't get over how incredible the soundtrack sounds from the video. God, I can't wait to play the hell out of TPP.

GreedZen

Banned
On my birthday? How sweet of you Kojima <3

Awesome, that's my birthday. It'll be a nice present from myself :)
However, that's still 6 months to go :(

Nice. My birthday. That's a fucking awesome birthday gift, haha.

Add me to the September 1 birthday posse.

Also, lolz at IGN for being scooped and having to wait until what I assume is the contractually obligated time to announce the date. Oh well, a suh life go.

Add me to the September 1 birthday posse.

Also, lolz at IGN for being scooped and having to wait until what I assume is the contractually obligated time to announce the date. Oh well, a suh life go.

IGN just tripped and fell and dropped everything today. Between the MKX leaks and MGSV leaks it's a comedy of errors.

ngff02

I don't mind that much if it's September... but it better be released on PC same day as consoles... or KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAA

(in b4 steam Christmas sale launch)

doofy102

You know what's even longer than an extra 3 months? The time til the next MGS game, if its even worthy. Cherish the finished product and the extra polish, it's there to entertain us for the long wait.

ngff02

You know what's even longer than an extra 3 months? The time til the next MGS game, if its even worthy. Cherish the finished product and the extra polish, it's there to entertain us for the long wait.

I blame the 360/PS3 ports. Definitely hogging up precious development time.

just kidding of course. But I wonder why they bothered pooling the resources on the ports when the crossgen titles of 2014 didn't exactly set the charts on fire. They will be lucky to sell a half mil copies on last gen.

"to me, this is the last metal gear"

why does kojima keep saying this before each metal gear release. its been going on for over a decade now, we know its not the last one, just stop it already.

Arizato

Anyone have any clue what the Phantom Cigar does on the countdown page yet? It seems to skip 20 minutes on the clock.

Do you think we can see whatever we can see when the timer reaches zero 20 minutes early if we click the cigar when there are less than 20 minutes left?

Solidino

and now we have to wait 3 months for a new trailer...and then others 3 months for the release...

this wait is killing me.

Words that kill? No...Wait that kill!!!

vato_loco

Can't watch the video because of proxy reasons but DAMN, I wasn't so sure it'd get a 2015 release date, and now we have one.

All the hype ever.

I love how this shit was told to us my Master Genius Troll Kojima some time ago.

Coming 1984

1 = 1st, 9 = September, 8 = 2+0+1+5, 4 = 4 # digits

I still need my brain, why would you blow it like that?

Mifec

Anyone have any clue what the Phantom Cigar does on the countdown page yet? It seems to skip 20 minutes on the clock.

Do you think we can see whatever we can see when the timer reaches zero 20 minutes early if we click the cigar when there are less than 20 minutes left?

It speeds up time and then gives you an error and resets it, basically a gimmick :)

Rising_Hei

I blame the 360/PS3 ports. Definitely hogging up precious development time.

just kidding of course. But I wonder why they bothered pooling the resources on the ports when the crossgen titles of 2014 didn't exactly set the charts on fire. They will be lucky to sell a half mil copies on last gen.

PS3 still does fine in japan.
And yes, the market for last gen consoles has been getting slow, but they had no way to know this when they were developing the game, and when they had most of the work done it would be a waste to dispose of all that work, imo.

(And XONE version isnt that far off from last gen's)

LowParry

I'm hoping they'll give details of a LE or CE for the game for pre order. And give us MGO beta. I would be happy with either of those.

doofy102

Well, yeah. That interview video. But I would love a new game trailer.

Supposedly there will be a video that will give the release date announcement a bit more fanfare than the IGN video, and that could be a trailer I suppose.

But man, how many trailers will there be by release?

muzzymate

(And XONE version isnt that far off from last gen's)

Only in resolution if I remember. Locked 60 vs An unstable 30. Basically, all the PS4 enhancements other than atmospheric simulation and resolution.

Though I do hope they've been able to optimize Foxengine for Xbox One and taken advantage of the additional SDK GPU & CPU capacity since Ground Zeroes launched. Hope they can hit 900p.

Jingo

There wont be nothing, if it
Wasnt leaked it was great news, but happened and they continue with this because they ate professionals and have to keep things as if nothing happened, people waiting a new trailer are
Crazy, there will be plenty of time for that at e3 and another one two weeks
Before its released.

Why are we were? Just to suffer?

BBboy20

I feel nothing.

I (and probably you and every other Metal Gear fan) was that way in 2008.

I would probably be that way today if Solid Snake's story wasn't concluded.

Top Bottom