• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For a Metal Gear game? For this Metal Gear game? Might as well be two years; you're never going to avoid spoilers on the internet for two weeks.

Yes, I am. Because I'll be playing some other OFFLINE title during that time.

Is there any GZ -> TPP save transfer?
I'm asking because I finished GZ on PS4 (100%) but I recently hooked up a good PC (i5-4670K, GTX 970) on TV so I can go the PC route because of extra bells and whistles.
Thoughts?

Mifec

I imagine PC piracy could be a factor in the decision, to at least delay that impact.

People are gonna pirate it for xbox 360 and PS3 a week in advance as with most game leaks on those consoles not to mention if someone was gonna pirate it on PC they are just gonna wait.

I fully understand what you mean but it's a silly reason.

Solidino

So the countdown is over and we don't get a new trailer?

UOcjcpg.gif

Fool them again!!!

premium_ps4.jpg

prmpkgbox.jpg

arm.jpg

Wow. Even the Japanese MGSV:TPP "Premium Package" is weak. The Premium Packages used to be a thing of beauty - now just look at this. It's identical to ours minus the Shinkawa art clear-file [?].

RK9039

For a Metal Gear game? For this Metal Gear game? Might as well be two years; you're never going to avoid spoilers on the internet for two weeks.

I spoiled myself with the ending of MGS4 days before the release. I'm not scared of spoilers. I plan on reading the spoiler thread, I must know everything.

JKTrix

People are gonna pirate it for xbox 360 and PS3 a week in advance as with most game leaks on those consoles not to mention if someone was gonna pirate it on PC they are just gonna wait.

I fully understand what you mean but it's a silly reason.
This is Japan, they do silly things like that even if it only minimally mitigating a problem. Like region locking and preventing reverse importation.

Floex

... Ba'man: T'Arkham Knight?

Might not be the next-level shit MGS TPP is shaping up to be, but it'll be a heckuvan experience anyway. Out start of June. Perfect summer game imo.

Really? I never got the impression MGS was pushing any boundaries.

arevin01

I can't believe there were ppl expecting PC having same day release. PC sales are so small I don't know why they would even bother with the release in the first place.

Anyone else think the whole "Snake was an extension of the player all along and thus he'll be mostly a silent protagonist in V" is utter bullshit?

Either Kojima will make a story excuse for that change (i.e. this isn't Big Boss but an entirely different clone/character) or he's losing it. Big Boss and Solid Snake were always characters with lots of personality and had a lot to say. MGS has never had a silent protagonist who the character was supposed to project themselves in, MGS was about having characters the player wanted to be like or be with, why start now?

I hope it's just Kojima being a troll and preparing a major plot twist because if it's anything other than that I'll be dissapointed. My hype for MGSV is already rock bottom as is.

Anyone else think the whole "Snake was an extension of the player all along and thus he'll be mostly a silent protagonist in V" is utter bullshit?

Either Kojima will make a story excuse for that change (i.e. this isn't Big Boss but an entirely different clone/character) or he's losing it. Big Boss and Solid Snake were always characters with lots of personality and had a lot to say. MGS has never had a silent protagonist who the character was supposed to project themselves in, MGS was about having characters the player wanted to be like or be with, why start now?

I hope it's just Kojima being a troll and preparing a major plot twist because if it's anything other than that I'll be dissapointed. My hype for MGSV is already rock bottom as is.

I honestly think that when they switched to keifer, they had to accomodate for the fact that he's usually unavailable for long periods of time due to tv or film shootings and that he probably costs alot of money. and maybe that fell in line with their new vision of a new open ended mgs...

I honestly think that when they switched to keifer, they had to accomodate for the fact that he's usually unavailable for long periods of time due to tv or film shootings and that he probably costs alot of money. and maybe that fell in line with their new vision of a new open ended mgs...
If that's truly why then all the more reason to cry foul about this. I mean, Jesus, if you don't have enough money to pay the actor that's going to voice your main character, who has always had lots of dialogue in past games, then you hire another less expensive actor!!! At this point I'm not even whining about letting Hayter go. It's about betraying Big Boss' character! Snake was never supposed to be a Dragon Quest main character with a blank slate or Link from Zelda. He had a very definite personality and backstory.

Of course I'm giving the game the benefit of the doubt. All of this could be a big twist but so far I'm not liking what Im hearing.

SomTervo

Hope a two-week bump is okay?

Really? I never got the impression MGS was pushing any boundaries.

I think the mechanics and level design push boundaries with how intricate and deep they are. Like no other game can let you hold guards up, shoot their radios, camouflage yourself, etc. in that sense it has always pushed boundaries.

TPP is taking that level of detail at a small scale and dropping it in an ocean of gameplay and strategic possibilities. The very large open world, added to the base building, added to the new strategic options (airstrikes, partners, etc). I think it is pushing the boundaries for how detailed a singleplayer non-team-based open world experience can be. It's a niche description but it's a new benchmark for action/spy games like that.

There were times in GZ when I felt like I was playing The Great Escape. I was playing a movie, and it was a great movie. It was better than a movie. And GZ was nothing but a small-scale proof of concept; Id definitely call TPP potential next-level shit.

Top Bottom