• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid's LittleBigPlanet screens

Thought this deserved its own thread

ifx5wj.jpg

2wfu5og.jpg

imta0w.jpg

95u3p3.jpg

2z3qq79.jpg

10ndyz9.jpg

30a9k76.jpg

34hw8xd.jpg

Trophies

QuickFire Artiste
Fire 40 paintballs in under 5 seconds

Rexecutioner
Destroy the Metal Gear REX boss

Ace Act 3 and Act 4
Ace Act 3: The Mission and Act 4: The Level Factory

Ace Act 5: The Boss
Ace Act 5: The Boss

Paint Splurge
Fire 5,000 paintballs

Diamond Hunter
Destroy the 5 hidden target diamonds in Act 4: The Level Factory

Thrifty Painter
Complete Act 3: The Mission firing less than 125 paintballs

METAL GEAR SOLID® Booty Master
Collect all of the METAL GEAR SOLID® prize bubbles

Paint Sharer
Publish a level containing the METAL GEAR SOLID® Paintinator Powerup

Virtual Survivor
Achieve a score of 3,750 in the VR Survival Challenge

Speedy Rexecutioner
Destroy the Metal Gear REX boss in under 2 mins 30 seconds

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/lbp/colabo_081219.html

Each costume is available at $1.99 each or get all 4 costumes for the price of 3 at $5.99. But it doesn't just stop with costumes, player-creators have the option of getting the....

Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Pack for $5.99 which fills your Pop-it tool with a ton of MGS-themed “Create” materials, objects and stickers plus a whole lot more.

21njzg9.png

A 5th Sackboy costume…the Gurlokovich Soldier (see above).
72 New Stickers
12 New Materials
10 New Decorations
18 New objects
New background music track
3 new interactive music tracks
New Metal Gear Solid themed ‘sound object’
New Plasma Ball ‘danger element’
New Laser Sight ‘gadget’
New functioning Searchlight lamp
12 new Trophies to unlock
and best of all.....THE PAINTINATOR and Paint Switch

With the THE PAINTINATOR you’ll be able to splatter anything that comes between you and the end of any level. Shoot paintballs with the R1 button and using the right stick to aim. Paintballs will hit very weak slap. Shoot ‘Brains’ from a safe distances now and progress thru levels much easier. The Paint Switch, so you can attach it to any object and set it to destruct after being splattered with enough paint.

Now if you don’t buy it, no worries, you’ll still be able to enjoy the MGS fun! Non-MGS Level Pack owners can PLAY the MGS Story Levels by joining a “host” who owns the pack and play the levels online together. You won’t be able to keep any objects, but you can experience the new features. MGS Level Pack owners will also be able to CREATE levels with any of these items (including the Paintinator) and SHARE them online for everyone to play.

http://news.littlebigworkshop.com/en-us/post/2008/12/Metal-Gear-Solid-hits-LBP-for-the-Holidays--1223!.aspx

Content will be available in Japan on the 25th. Costume pack is 600yen (or 200 per character), and the level pack is 800yen. Credit to WYWY.

Trailer

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/217/1.401

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wait... what? This is a separate game? Or level... within LBP... with its own trophies? wtf is going on here?

kenta said:
Will the paintball gun be available only in the MGS levels or can we add them to our own?

It'll be available for any levels once you purchase the content. Alex said that people assumed that this would just be a content pack but he considers it a game changer because it now allows you to have a weapon.

kenta

Has no PEINS
SolidSnakex said:
It'll be available for any levels once you purchase the content. Alex said that people assumed that this would just be a content pack but he considers it a game changer because it now allows you to have a weapon.
How do you fire it? Just R1 as usual if you're not standing near something grabbable?

Also, will people have to buy the MGS DLC to play levels I create with the paintball gun? Or will they simply be limited to using the paintball gun in other user created levels and not being able to put it in their own?

SolidSnakex said:

So are we going to see contra levels?

Holy shit, MGS levels straight from the devs? Awesome. I like the user levels but none of them really match up to the best dev levels.

YYZ

So is this going to introduce new mechanics into the game? Such as the laser being something that can kill you? Guns? Hope it's not just exclusive to the DLC.

Ploid 3.0

This is totally game changing! I already got ideas and now that the moderation thing is different, I'll make some crappy levels.

I'd pay $10 for this and I only ever bought 1 DLC before (the lbp holiday pack today)

RuGalz

kenta said:
How do you fire it? Just R1 as usual if you're not standing near something grabbable?

It's possible that it may only fire when you stand at special spots and the trick is to dodge stuff and time yourself to be at those spot to shoot down the Rex... just guessing...

M°°nblade said:
When I look at the trophies there seem to be 5 acts/levels?

I want more of this in LBP!

Seriously. I kind of got burned out on LBP because of all the badly made user levels and the awful moderation killing the few good ones, but I'll buy pretty much any professionally made set like this. More please!

RuGalz said:
It's possible that it may only fire when you stand at special spots and the trick is to dodge stuff and time yourself to be at those spot to shoot down the Rex... just guessing...
I've already seen auto-firing weapons in LBP. 1 bullet/sec

Top Bottom