• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid's LittleBigPlanet screens

Guymelef

'METAL GEAR SOLID(R) costume packing'
600 yen

METAL GEAR SOLID(R) stage packing
800 yen

1400 yen total.

5 stages, 60 kinds or more of sticker, 10 kinds or more of object, 10 kinds or more of decoration, 10 kinds or more of Create material, and BGM 3 and tools"Paint cancer"

colabo_snake_l.jpg

colabo_meryl_l.jpg

colabo_raiden_l.jpg

colabo_smantis_l.jpg

Raist

Banned
800 yen huh ?
So that's like... $10/10€ ?

5actually it would be less than that, but IIRC stuff that costs 800yen on the japanese PSN usually costs $10/€

Warren Ellis said:
it is confirmed than you can use all the items on the level creator ?

Sounds like it going by this trophy:

Paint Sharer
Publish a level containing the METAL GEAR SOLID® Paintinator Powerup

Teknoman

Looks like there will even be some kinda Alert/Stealth gameplay devices added, unless those laser/spot light are just for show.

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
I wonder how the gun will be used. I'm guessing right analog stick to aim, R1 or R2 while aiming to shoot.

Probably. Either that or a face button. Wonder if we can use jetpacks AND guns at the same time.

Square better bring their A game with the FFVII pack.

Cool that you use one hand for the gun...that means you're still free to grab things with the other. Grapple shooting! :D :lol

Teknoman said:
Probably. Either that or a face button. Wonder if we can use jetpacks AND guns at the same time.

Square better bring their A game with the FFVII pack.

I'm thinking no to using jetpacks and guns at the same time. Since both are power up items, I wouldn't think you can mix and match.

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
I'm thinking no to using jetpacks and guns at the same time. Since both are power up items, I wouldn't think you can mix and match.

Hmm...yeah that would make sense. But you should at least still be able to grab other material with the free hand.

SappYoda

Costume pack - 600 yen or 200 for individual characters
MGS Pack - 5 levels, 3 BGM, 60 stickers, 10 objects, 10 decorations, 10 create materials, and paint gun will cost 800 yen.

Both will be available on December 25th (in Japan as of now). Credit to WYWY.

OMGGGGGGG!!!11

Best DLC ever confirmed.

Teknoman

Warren Ellis said:
if i invite a friend in the dlc level, she/he will be able to join me without the dlc ?

I'd say so. Everyone can see the DLC costumes and play in stages with extra materials (like preorder stuff) so this should be no different.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Damn, sackboy should've been the avatar for home.

btw, it says christmas. because its in japan, americans get to play it on christmas eve. omg time warp head explodes.

Warren Ellis said:
awesome! i already love your level so much :D
Hehe thanks man. It'll probably make even the Armorboys look a lot cooler. Plus I can probably add the Paintinator to them for those foot missions.

OK, I'm calling it now: Sony will see these costumes in the PSN store (which they put in there themselves) and delete them for copyright violation.

Ploid 3.0

RuGalz said:
It's possible that it may only fire when you stand at special spots and the trick is to dodge stuff and time yourself to be at those spot to shoot down the Rex... just guessing...

What if you shoot when you hold down R2? The pointy hands things. Since you can already wave your hand around and point it in any direction, it seems possible that for this the gun would activate when you hold R2. That way you can do the VR mission stuff and shoot those diamonds on the roof. You just won't be able to jump and shoot but that don't seem like much of a problem.

aku08

i want this.....now.....please.....drool.....thanks media molecule....thanks konami.....merry christmas everybody.......

Ploid 3.0

donkey show said:
Pretty much. All those textures are going to be perfect with my Mobile Suit Armorboy series.

OH YES!!! Perfect for Mobile Suit Armorboy 2 3 etc. Part 1 was gritty since it was the beginning and it works being the way it is. Now that the next ones are coming, you'll be going into more high ranked stuff with nicer things. Look at me talking like this. I await the next Armorboys!

Linkzg said:
Are these levels are created by Kojima Production people?
There was an interview with some Mm people earlier this week saying they just finished up the MGS add-on. If anything I'm sure they asked for Kojima Productions for some input, but I think the grunt work was done by Mm.

Ploid 3.0

polyh3dron said:
OK, I'm calling it now: Sony will see these costumes in the PSN store (which they put in there themselves) and delete them for copyright violation.

The moderator abuse thing was fixed I think. One good grief got those levels taken down. Grievers (funny how that work).

aku08

donkey show said:
There was an interview with some Mm people earlier this week saying they just finished up the MGS add-on. If anything I'm sure they asked for Kojima Productions for some input, but I think the grunt work was done by Mm.

it would be awesome if they did get input from kojima productions. and if this sells well, this can potentially show other developers that littlebigplanet can be a good way of promoting their products - so we can get more crossover like this.

Septimus

Cerberus said:
I hope Snake Eater is one of the 3 BGMs.
Agreed. For the three, I hope it is:
1) Snake Eater
2) Calling to the Night
3) Best is Yet to Come
Even if they aren't technically in MGS4, kind of...

Holy shit awesome!

Day 1!

I love this game and getting new levels plus all the goodies is just awesome! I knew this game would only get better over time!

I'm getting those Street Fighter Sack boys today.

Any word on the Holiday pack that was supposed to arrive soon?

donkey show said:

At least you know they will be good levels instead of worrying of Kojima could even design a good LBP level.

Cerberus

Holy shit awesome!

Day 1!

I love this game and getting new levels plus all the goodies is just awesome! I knew this game would only get better over time!

I'm getting those Street Fighter Sack boys today.

Any word on the Holiday pack that was supposed to arrive soon?

The holiday pack came in today's PS store update.

Top Bottom