• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid's LittleBigPlanet screens

gofreak said:
The searchlight could allow for some very nice and creative stuff asides from the mgs levels..like dark levels where only your immediate surrounds are illuminated etc. I expect some 'escape the prison camp' style stuff using that too :D
I already know how I'm going to incorporate it into my next stage. In fact, now that I have a good idea of what we're getting, all of that stuff is going to be used in my next stage significantly.

STG said:
I have the feeling donkey show is right now looking the same as his avatar picture :>
CHAR33.jpg

I swear I'm gonna take this shit and take level creation to new heights. :lol :lol :lol

The Azure Palace and all it's issues is so behind me now. =P

donkey show said:
I swear I'm gonna take this shit and take level creation to new heights. :lol :lol :lol

The Azure Palace and all it's issues is so behind me now. =P

Yeah, some of this stuff will be so perfect for Armorboy. My first LBP DLC purchase I think. Does anyone know if the DLC is shareable?

Cronen

I need this! I'm getting LittleBigPlanet for Christmas, but I need to have this then!

Wow. Well done Media Molecule!

Donos

Have you watched the trailer at littlebigworkshop? i laughed so hard at Solid Sacks "the game has changed"

I think with this pack some critics will see how much LBP can offer. MM and Sony could bring so much different packs of their franchises. The included tools could help some creators to make some awesome levels (watching at you donkey) . Thats why many ppl think that LPB will have some serious legs.
Now they need to fix some issues (level searching) and LBP will get a memorable place in the gaming hall of fame.

Ploid 3.0

I'm going to play MGS4 again.

patsu said:
They didn't mention Nano machines in the video. :)

EDIT: Co-op is going to be a mess now.

A fun mess. I can't wait to pelt people with paint! if only you could make a level where everyone fight each other. LBP Brawl!

freethought said:
Yeah, some of this stuff will be so perfect for Armorboy.

Donos said:
I think with this pack some critics will see how much LBP can offer. MM and Sony could bring so much different packs of their franchises. The included tools could help some creators to make some awesome levels (watching at you donkey) . Thats why many ppl think that LPB will have some serious legs.
I'll try not to disappoint. =P

This is why I'm so freaking amped right now and probably more so than anyone here. The EXCITE is so much that it's helping me stay awake while I pull my night shift supervisor duty right now (I really should be doing rounds now). :lol

I swear I'm gonna try my hardest to be the first one that fully utilizes all these features in one level on top of my mecha.

And I can't watch the video at work. =(

Ploid 3.0

donkey show said:
I'll try not to disappoint. =P

This is why I'm so freaking amped right now and probably more so than anyone here. The EXCITE is so much that it's helping me stay awake while I pull my night shift supervisor duty right now (I really should be doing rounds now). :lol

I swear I'm gonna try my hardest to be the first one that fully utilizes all these features in one level on top of my mecha.

And I can't watch the video at work. =(

You have a week of planning soldier!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Donos said:
I think they could use some sort of this trailer for TV marketing.
That's exactly what I thought the second time I watched it.

Split it into 4 or 5 commercials and your work is done.

Goldrusher

Each costume is available at $1.99 each or get all 4 costumes for the price of 3 at $5.99. But it doesn't just stop with costumes, player-creators have the option of getting the....

Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Pack for $5.99 which fills your Pop-it tool with a ton of MGS-themed “Create” materials, objects and stickers plus a whole lot more.
So this "Level Pack" does include levels ?

And I'm guessing everyone will get the trophies, similar to the Burnout Paradise and Super Stardust ? So if you had 100%, you'll drop back to perhaps 90% if you don't get the add-on ?
Or not ? It would be strange to suddenly have a bunch of MGS trophies in the LBP list. And what if they release perhaps 10 more of these levels pack over the next year ? The game will have over 100 trophies ?

Goldrusher said:
So this "Level Pack" does include the levels ?

And I'm guessing everyone will get the trophies, similar to the Burnout Paradise and Super Stardust ? So if you had 100%, you'll drop back to perhaps 90% if you don't get the add-on ?
Yeah, the trophies were already implemented so mine went down like 10%

Ploid 3.0 said:
You have a week of planning soldier!

The nanomachines are hard at work right now!

Now, not only will you be able to run, jump, push, pull, swing, etc, etc in LBP, but now you’ll be able to splatter anything that comes between you and the end of any level. Once you equip the Paintinator, you can send sacksized paintballs flying by mashing on the R1 button and using the right stick to aim. Few things about flying paintballs, when Sackboys are hit with them, it feels like a very weak slap. You can also shoot ‘Brains’ from a safe distance and progress thru levels much easier. In addition to the Paintinator, we’re introducing a Paint Switch, so you can attach it to any object and set it to destruct after being splattered with enough paint.

1ibhph.jpg

es9roy.png

dg5v0k.png

5mxs8h.png

28sbq5t.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...etal-gear-solid-edition-on-the-ps-store-1223/

Wow...never before have I been so sold on DLC before. That trailer had me in an instant! :lol

I'm already imagining other Metal-ish themed levels with the Paintinator... :D

Top Bottom