• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Survive coming February 2018 - No PC release date

DM8gIHEVQAA_qf1.jpg:large

Metal Gear Survive, the survival game spinoff of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, will be released in North America on Feb. 20, 2018, Konami announced today. The game will come to Europe two days later.

On Twitter, Konami listed a handful of incentives that will be offered to those who pre-order the game on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. These include four gold-plated weapons, two emote gestures (”happy" and ”thumbs up"), four metallic survival scarves, kabuki-style face paint, a Mother Base nameplate and an accessory called ”Boxman" — a throwback to Metal Gear Solid's ”The Orange" cardboard box.

Konami's tweet doesn't mention the Windows PC version of Metal Gear Survive, so it's not clear if the release dates and Survival Pack pre-order incentive items will be available for the Steam release. We've asked Konami for clarification.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/25/16541790/metal-gear-survive-release-date-ps4-xbox-one-konami

Ombra

Nothing I have seen has made me want this it sucks that mgs5 is part of why i'm not excited. The mechanics were there but weak enemy variety and lack of boss battles killed my desire to continue.

Ombra

Is it online only?
I guarantee you if it is online only it will 100% bomb on battleborn levels. That game would have at least broken even if they'd have listened and made the single player offline. It may not have ended up being a critical darling but people would have felt more comfortable buying it kbowing they could play offline

thanks to PS+ MGS5 online is active again!

god damn the controls feel great, solely because of that i might get this game, just wish it was more PvP stealth instead of L4D MGS edition.

Obligatory; Fuck Konami

jsnepo

You know. Its not a bad idea.

It's not a bad idea really. We just need more indoor stuff. Game is already open world plus there are vehicles. We get Afghanistan and Africa. For smaller number of people, use Camp Omega.

I'm just not sure if Konami has the network talent to handle that many people in the same game.

It's not a bad idea really. We just need more indoor stuff. Game is already open world plus there are vehicles. We get Afghanistan and Africa. For smaller number of people, use Camp Omega.

I'm just not sure if Konami has the network talent to handle that many people in the same game.

BAESJEE.jpg

This honestly sounds like the best Battle Royal, too bad Konami management moves at snails pace, and they probably havent even heard of Battle Royal games yet

Most likely going to get it as long as it reviews even somewhat decently... By decently, I mean barebones, PSP-level base layouts and base terrain and Dynasty Warriors Empires quality base construction, but MGS V gameplay with the satisfying snap-crackle-pop of zombies. That gameplay with just decent base design and I'll probably give it a good 'war effort' for launch.

But it's a fine line between launch date or its first steep flash sale, and if I wait that long I may just say fuck it out of pure sentiment toward Konami for making a Metal Gear Survive instead of a Metal Gear Venom.

BreakAtmo

Question. Given that this game uses the same engine and gameplay and whatnot as MGSV, and will get likely get PS4 Pro support/X1X support, what are the chances of the work on that being used for a quick couple of patches giving MGSV that same support?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
What a time to be alive ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MGSV came out after the console release, and it's clear that Konami want to make the same move again, if not a longer gap.

They need to get the console sales as much as possible before the PC market. so I get why PC may be put on the back burner during PR.

Santar

As long as this has a lot of single player content I'm excited for it.
Really enjoyed MGS V so if this uses a lot of the same gameplay it could be fun.

Neo-Ryudo

Ouch. (Truth)
Also will buy because i'm a sucker for anything Metalgear related

To me this feels pretty contradictory, I'm the same, loved all MG games even 2, but after the shit Konami pulled there is no way I will give them another penny on a franchise that was made by Kojima, including Zone of the Enders.

What's actually interesting will be seeing what will come after this expansion/spin-off.

After ZOE VR I kind have the feeling Konami is cooking, or letting some third party cook, some other MG dishes.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I honestly thought this game came out already and bombed so hard no one bothered to even mention it.
When the game comes out, it will.

It's weird that Konami pull the plug on MGS V, a game that everyone wanted, but not on this, a game that everyone doesn't give a shit since ever.

Oh, boy. This will be the biggest flop ever in the game industry.

xviper

they downgraded the fuck out of the graphics, now it looks like a ps2 game

i actually think the game might be fun if it had the exact same gameplay of MGS V

is there story mode ? or just online ? and what are the modes in there ?

Akainu

Pretty amazing comment on this screenshot. Literally can't even get the timeline right.

I've said this before. The thing that annoys me the most is how lazy the whole thing is. Couldn't even bother to make the pre-attack motherbase. It's clearly just the most pathetic cash grab. If there is any justice in the world this would fail.

CRIMSON-XIII

Neo Member
The only way I would care personally is if this game had some sort of story and dialogue.

If they are going to do Metal Gear, they should do it with story (Yes I know that Kojima is and was the only one that can create the story)

Falchion

This is one game that I think battle royale would be a great fit for. If that gets included, I'll get it at some point.

Top Bottom