• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Survive delayed until 2018, will feature "Dense" single player campaign

rgoulart

Will probably end up better than V
c3a45ba805cc3cd0d8594496743b12582110c18bb0247905e97d671316c22a80.jpg

of all the things that could improve a open world survival MGS V, a single player is the last thing it needs -_-

should be focusing on adding more survival or base building elements or some shit, PC survival FPS shit.

who exactly wanted to know more about alternate timeline crystal zombies... must be curious to find how how those red lyrium looking rejects escape Dragon Age -_-

They can keep it though. Even ignoring the whole mess, who wants this?
I begun anticipating the title once it was confirmed to support an offline single-player mode. I'm probably one of the few that was happy to see Hideo Kojima finally depart from the franchise although I vehemently agree that it should've happened under better terms. He has presumably been grooming the former Kojima Productions team for well over a decade so, hopefully, someone with past experience can finally seize this golden opportunity to take the series into new territory. It was going to happen eventually without Kojima's direct involvement at some point in the future but, again, I wish it take place under better conditions.

UrbanRats

I just don't want Metal Gear to get the same treatment Silent Hill and Castlevania got...
But you're right, I am being absurd. They shouldn't cancel it, there are some people who would actually like to play it.

As i Silent Hill fan, i understand the underlying sentiment, but i also think this could bring some genuine value.
If not from a story stand point, from a gameplay one, it uses the amazing gameplay of V, and adds a twist that could be fun to play with.

And, as a Silent Hill fan, i don't care how many Homecoming they release, i'll still always have the old games to play.
I'm more upset they never released the OG games in any reasonable, modern fashion (not on PC, the HD collection is shit and doesn't include SH4, etc).
But that's not a problem MGS faces, having a very good HD collection.

Rymuth

People are quick to mock that one poster but, lest we forget, some of the best MGS stories were not done by Kojima (Ghost Babel, ACID, Portable Ops)

Let's not pretend that if this has a coherent storyline and a sequential series of cutscenes, it won't blow V out of water.

People are quick to mock that one poster but, lest we forget, some of the best MGS stories were not done by Kojima (Ghost Babel, ACID, Portable Ops)

Let's not pretend that if this has a coherent storyline and a sequential series of cutscenes, it won't blow V out of water.

That was a long ass time ago dude. Where did the guy who directed GB even go? Kojima still supervised a lot of the projects. That's why even the spinoffs and non-canonical games were good. Kojima is gone, and he took his bois with him. Who do they have left to make a game that would make a game that could blow one of the top games this generation out of the water? Because not even most companies who care about video games have that.

UrbanRats

I mean yeah, V was abysmal in anything but gameplay and graphics.

Whompa02

Meh, that's so debatable. Mgs1-3 at least are fantastic. I'd debate 4 and 5 but the rest I think are pretty safely on top.

It won't.

A co-op focused zombie shooter with created characters will not be story focused. That would be the last thing anyone would want from this game.

Ratrat

That was a long ass time ago dude. Where did the guy who directed GB even go? Kojima still supervised a lot of the projects. That's why even the spinoffs and non-canonical games were good. Kojima is gone, and he took his bois with him. Who do they have left to make a game that would make a game that could blow one of the top games this generation out of the water? Because not even most companies who care about video games have that.
Pretty sure he is at Sony. He worked on Freedom Wars.

Risev1

Not even a trailer?

They had a few members of the press play it behind closed doors and will not show anything to us atm. My guess is that they're hoping that the previews from the press will build some positivity around the game BEFORE showing it again, because the last time they showed it I think the rating bar in Youtube was so red Konami had to disable ratings for all its future videos.

I'd rather them take the time to make a fun game than rush it out. Time will tell if that's actually what's gonna happen, though.

People forget sometimes that the developers are not the company. As shitty as the company is, the people actually behind this game might actually be trying to make it good.

Mexen

I think that they are stalling in order to make more profits from pachislots so that if they don't make a profit from Survive, it won't matter much. Expect tonnes of paid DLC content.

Guys, Guys...
Can we chill here for a moment?

There are dozens of developers working their hardest on this, under the Iron Grip of Konami.

I know one or two people there, and they want this game to be the best it can be under the circumstances.

So please, at least let the game speak for itself when it comes out.

#fuckonami, but #praisethedevs, is all i'm saying.

Guys, Guys...

There are dozens of developers working their hardest on this, under the Iron Grip of Konami.

I know one or two people there, and they want this game to be the best it can be under the circumstances.

Word.

Guys, Guys...

#preach
I won't let blind kojima loyalty stop me from enjoying a product, I bet the story will be more complete than V.

Roufianos

Guys, Guys...

I'm not supporting any devs who think that this game is a good idea. They had the chance to reassure fans that the series would be fine without Kojima and this is what they come up with? Fucking trash.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Damn. Still looking forward to playing this though it seems I'm almost alone in that thinking. Any game with MGSV controls will be fun to play.

I'm not supporting any devs who think that this game is a good idea. They had the chance to reassure fans that the series would be fine without Kojima and this is what they come up with? Fucking trash.

The devs aren't in charge of the marketing. That's Konami's job. And we also don't know how much creative freedom they were allowed with the title as far as premise goes.

KOMANI

KOMANI

And Revengence.
Kojima had NOTHING to do with Ghost Babel, Portable Ops, or Rising. There are interviews by people who worked on all three games that confirm that Kojima just put his name on it.
The guy who directed Ghost Babel, who was also the director of the Ac!d series, and lead level designer of the Tanker mission in mgs2, left Kojima Priductions after MGS4 because Kojima kept pressuring him to make Metal gear games when he wanted to focus on smaller games (like on the 3ds). He went on to direct a AAA game that eventually bombed.
Pretty sure he is at Sony. He worked on Freedom Wars.
You're thinking of the co writer of mgs1-3, Ac!d, and the writer if Ghost Babel, Fukushima.

Top Bottom