• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Survive delayed until 2018, will feature "Dense" single player campaign

Risev1

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/1...urvive-delayed-e3-2017-konami-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Konami's multiplayer Metal Gear spinoff Metal Gear Survive won't make its previously scheduled 2017 release window. The game is now coming to PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One in early 2018, Konami representatives confirmed today at E3.

According to Konami, Metal Gear Survive has been ”pushed back a few months" to give the development team more time to polish the game.

Metal Gear Survive was announced in 2016. The survival action game will feature a ”dense single-player mode" in which players embark on a mysterious adventure, Konami says. Konami also promises a cooperative multiplayer mode, in which players use stealth, weapons and gear to fend off deadly, zombie-like creatures in an alternate Metal Gear universe.

Game Revolution Preview: http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/335907-metal-gear-survive-surprisingly-great-e3-2017-preview

Gravidee

If they have the resources to spend on this, then why the hell don't they just finish the content that was actually meant to be in MGSV?

I feel super conflicted about this game. On one hand, it has the potential to be more fox engine based goodness; on the other hand, Konami.

Similarly, even if it's good; I don't want to give Konami money.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Is anyone even playing this at E3? All I saw was a booth pic but no videos or impressions.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's so dense, every single level has so many things going on.

FUCK YOU RICK BERMAN, YOU RUINED THIS GAME TOO?

120v

not going to lie, could definitely use more single player MGSV gameplay. taking it with a grain of salt though

Fj0823

Game will fail and then

"See? Consoles are dead, back to Pachinko for these obscure unpopular franchises"

Either that or they will blame Kojima.

"Mr. Kojima's comments clarifying that he was not involved with Metal Gear Survive made potential players avoid the game. Konami will explore possible legal actions against Mr. Kojima"

You know, they could salvage this if they threw out all the zombie and base building stuff and turned it into a PUBG clone on FOX engine.

yansolo

The metal gear saga finished with 4, MGS V could've been awesome but they fucked it, whether this game turns out to be decent or not still no reason for it to use the metal gear name, it could've just been something new. I don't think anyone asked for metal gear zombies

Risev1

You know, they could salvage this if they threw out all the zombie and base building stuff and turned it into a PUBG clone on FOX engine.

I honestly think players would have been more welcoming of the game if it was merely a $30 co-op mode added to the already existing MGSV missions.

...They give this game time?... -_-

bastards.gif

Alienous

How about just make a CO-OP MGSV without zombies? Build a ton of large levels like MGO3 had and let players loose with a variety of dynamic objectives.

Why throw out that great MGSV AI for a mindless horde?

It's amazing, the groundwork in place, that they aren't going to do shit with... I wonder if this plays more like MGSV or MGO3. The differences are subtle but they definitely present themselves with time, which is probably one of the reasons MGO got dropped, even by hardcore MGS fans.

dukeoflegs

I'm willing to give the game a chance. Game play was solid in mgsv, but missions were too much of the same. I really missed coop after playing so much peace walker.

That sounds good to me.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm actually really hyped for this. The gunplay and mechanics in MGSV are phenomenal.

Imagine a PUBG like mode with MGSV gameplay.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Imagine if the single player was better than MGSV. I think GAF my split asunder.

Foxxsoxx

I'm good with more MGS even if Kojima isn't doing it, but why zombies...

Just make MGS5 gameplay and new areas and shit. That was fun.

KillLaCam

Banned
Literally everything is early 2018 now. Im annoyed lol.

I actually wanted this just to play with friends. Still wish they would just remake the old games in MGSV form. Like they already have Cutscenese done for Snake Eater

Vic_Viper

If they have the resources to spend on this, then why the hell don't they just finish the content that was actually meant to be in MGSV?

They are obviously using resources earned from sales of MGSV lol.

Still interested to check this out. Not that interested in the story but the gameplay alone looks really fun. Just hope its $40 or less at launch.

GunBR

I'd rather them make a brand new spin-off than finish that MGSV content without Kojima.
This

I would love a remake of some old MGS
2, the best
without Kojima. But a new game in the main series or some kind of story dlc to V? Nope

Top Bottom