• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Survive delayed until 2018, will feature "Dense" single player campaign

Cautiously optimistic since the base gameplay of MGSV is so good it could end up being a great game despite all the baggage it has.

KOMANI

KOMANI
01rh6LQ.jpg
GVgZh38.jpg

more in the link below

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/335907-metal-gear-survive-surprisingly-great-e3-2017-preview

Morts

I was wondering where this game was.

MGSV had fantastic gameplay. If they want to talk up a single-player campaign for this, I will listen to what they have to say.

HeelPower

This actually would have amazing potential in the right hands.

The base kojima built was incredible ,but Konami is just pitiful at this point.

Without Kojima's deranged hand at the helm, I couldn't give less of a shit what the single player element to any future Metal Gear holds. Cancel the franchise.

The fact that Konami cares enough to delay a game to give it polish and extra content shows they're only 99% terrible

However, a part of me always screams internally whenever I'm reminded Konami went through all of that effort for recreating Snake Eater's cutscenes for pachinko

I'm actually really hyped for this. The gunplay and mechanics in MGSV are phenomenal.

Imagine a PUBG like mode with MGSV gameplay.

That... actually sounds like the ideal way to do online PvP with MGSV mechanics

I know the whole story and reasons and all that, but I really don't even care. I love MGSV so much, I've been down to play this debasement of it.

KOMANI

KOMANI
needless to say, most of (the former) Kojima Productions employees worked on this. I get a MGS4/MGO2 from what I've seen. It's really good that they're taking time with this.

This isn't what I want at all from Metal Gear. Still, I'll play it. It's all built on the same base and legacy as MGSV. So it should turn out to be a great game in the end.

Unless...that do a major screw up and Arkham Origins this game. I have been fooled in the past. I thought a copy and paste of Arkham City with a new twist would have been a good game, but I was dead wrong. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to this.

13ruce

Banned
Will buy second hand if the singleplayer is great and you can play singleplayer in the open zombie world too.

But is dense great or bad in this case?

Aurongel

Fuck the palace intrigue, if the game's good then its good. Its shocking that they're actually trying to make a solid product here, its almost commendable given the awful optics this entire project had from the moment it was announced.

Ratrat

needless to say, most of (the former) Kojima Productions employees worked on this. I get a MGS4/MGO2 from what I've seen. It's really good that they're taking time with this.
Do we really know that? Aside from the producer, who of note is left? Konami has been continually bleeding employees according to the Nikkei article and many have gone to the new Kojipro.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Do we really know that? Aside from the producer, who of note is left? Konami has been continually bleeding employees according to the Nikkei article and many have gone to the new Kojipro.
I guess we'll find out when the credits roll on both games.

Fuck the palace intrigue, if the game's good then its good. Its shocking that they're actually trying to make a solid product here, its almost commendable given the awful optics this entire project had from the moment it was announced.

...I wouldn't say they're trying to make a solid product... but if they show me something that doesn't scream MGO3 with Zombies, I'll be floored.

KOMANI

KOMANI
For those interested, Konami's official twitter has links to more pics and there's a live Q & A that will begin in 30 min.
I'm on mobile now, sorry for the lack of links.

I don't care if this game gets 10s across the board, I will never buy another Konami game again after what they have done to their former employees. They are truly fucking evil.

This is a sale game for me. I love MGSV's gameplay and having a co-op game with those mechanics will be fun, but I don't know how much I'm comfortable spending on a Kojimaless MGS

Strings

Over-budget, behind schedule, blah blah. Fire whoever is working on this and send them weird, threatening letters.

Whompa02

Yeah no thank you.

People can say whatever they want about Kojima, but I trust him to direct a game better than 90% of the game directors out there...especially better than some random nobody working at Konami after the fallout.

Just kill this game and work on something else. It's clear the spirit of the franchise is gone.

Pizza

Take your time, I'm in day one.

Same, I'm in love with everything about this game from what I've seen. I hope the singleplayer campaign doesn't detract from the multiplayer focused vision they initially showed

I'm not devastated by the 2018 window: it sucks but that gives me time to replay V

ActWan

Why? Some of you are being absurd.

I just don't want Metal Gear to get the same treatment Silent Hill and Castlevania got...
But you're right, I am being absurd. They shouldn't cancel it, there are some people who would actually like to play it.

Top Bottom