• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug 3D screens

ourumov

From gamekult...Sorry if old.

ME0000498987_2.jpg

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/actus/articles/A0000036736.html

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Well... I guess I can kiss my dreams of Ikari Warriors reincarnate 'goodbye'...

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Good lord does this game look like shit. When I pictured a 3D Metal Slug I pictured something like Dolphin Blue (3D polygons on a 2D plane)....not something like this.

I guess MS4 is no longer the worst in the series...

JC10001 said:
Good lord does this game look like shit. When I pictured a 3D Metal Slug I pictured something like Dolphin Blue (3D polygons on a 2D plane)....not something like this.

Holy, crap! This was my thought exactly when I saw the article about it being in development. Those screens are heresy.

belgurdo

Banned
BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Well, I´ve heard many good things about AW GC and I´m not one to judge a game from a couple of screens, so I still think it could turn out to be a good game.

GAFers have spoken, this game will now "suck" unless it gets higher than 9.4 on IGN/GS

jarrod

Banned
JC10001 said:
I guess MS4 is no longer the worst in the series...
It's actually being made by some of the same team as MS4. :/

Nazca (former IREM staff)
-Metal Slug

SNK (Nazca team still, brought inhouse)
-Metal Slug 2
-Metal Slug X
-Metal Slug: 1st Mission
-Metal Slug: 2nd Mission
-Metal Slug 3

Mega Enterprise (Korean firm)
-Metal Slug 4 (co-developed)
-Metal Slug 3D

Noise Factory (former SNK staff)
-Metal Slug 4 (co-developed)
-Metal Slug 5
-Metal Slug Advance
-Metal Slug 6

Digital Bridges (I've no idea)
-Metal Slug Mobile

Bob White

What the fuck is wrong with this week?! It feels fucking spaceworld!!

No online in GT4.
3D fucking Metal Slug.

What's next?! Sammy vs. Capcom cancelled?

:(

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ME0000498987_2.jpg

advance-wars-under-fire-200405110129925.jpg

Seperated at Birth?????????

Edit: for those who don't know..the top screen is Metal Slug 3d, the bottom screen is Advance Wars: Under Fire

RiZ III

Who cares what it looks like. If they can get the gameplay to be as crazy and frantic as the 2d version, its all good.

jarrod

Banned
snapty00 said:
Would anybody have even guessed that could even be related to Metal Slug if we hadn't been told?
Yep... I recognize Marco. :p

They should've had Noise Factory develop it, they did a pretty good job with KOF MI. Mega needs to die...

Hellraizah

It's Metal Slug in 3D....
It looks like shit....
The site says it's a one-player game....

That about wraps it up....

It looks kind of average. It definitely needs two player action. Some of the graphics look like shit, but if they clean it up, and make it a FAST and FUN game, I don't see why anyone wouldn't like it.

I'll reserve "metal slug 3d is tha devil!!1" remarks until I actually PLAY it - haters who judge on a few screens be damned.

MarkMacD

It looked horrible in motion as well; very sparse (only one or two enemies on screen at once, spartan flat enivornments)

evil ways

belgurdo said:
GAFers have spoken, this game will now "suck" unless it gets higher than 9.4 on IGN/GS

Teh-Gaf.jpg

There we go, now that we got that out of the way.......

It might be alright if they do sort of a fast paced, shoot 'em up Maximo style game.

olimario

Banned
It would be nice to have a talented dev recreate the Metal Slug art in 3D.
I'll bet level 5 could do it. They did a good job with Toriyama's art.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
i died a little on the inside yesterday when i saw this game on the show floor.

it looks and moves like total shit.

ugh.

Pachinko

*rimshot joke follows, take necessary precautions

I didnt' know they still made new games for N64

Shame on you SNK, why would they show this to people ? This is a joke or something right? SNK's way of saying 3D is bad becuase whoever they used to make this game is so bad at using it properly.. ?

Maybe it's a reallly extremly early build like less then 20% complete, if so they could still salvage it a bit...

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
ugly? check
totally useless radar (with even more useless compass)? check
trying to look like a CARTOON COME 2 LIFE? check
blob flames? checkaroo

well it's good to see they're not taking crazy risks with the 3d action genre!...

Gattsu25

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
For the record, I refuse to acknowledge that filth as being part of the WARS series.

Agreed
This and the new Wars game are both WTF worthy...though this does look like a lot less effort went into it

nitewulf

alright, you got games like gradius v tearing up shit, and they had to go on and 3d-ize this. fuck this shit. what, its gonna sell 20 more copies cause its 3d?
give me a break. fuck.

snapty00

Banned
nitewulf said:
alright, you got games like gradius v tearing up shit, and they had to go on and 3d-ize this. fuck this shit. what, its gonna sell 20 more copies cause its 3d?
give me a break. fuck.
Will probably sell less, cost more to make, and give a bad impression to what few newbies to the series there are.

Top Bottom