• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Exodus announced (2018, big open levels, PC/XBO/PS4)

bati

That sounds great, especially dynamic weather and time of day - I don't know if it's just me but it seems this practice has fallen out of style lately. Wouldn't mind knowing more about the new stealth system though, especially the challenging part - stealth in Metro has always been challenging, mostly because it was hard to tell who could see you and when.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

For one thing, individual levels in Exodus will be much larger than anything seen in the previous games. The biggest outdoor level in Last Light was roughly "200 meters to 100 meters," Prokhorov said,. but in Exodus the average size of "big locations" is about two square kilometers. And while you won't be able to move back and forth between them, each individual section will be completely open.

"In each of these big areas, there's hours of gameplay, above ground, below ground. In general the game itself is larger than anything we've ever made before. Larger than the past two games—together," Bloch said.

"You can enter one of these environments and you can go off and do whatever you want. There's definitely a story that you follow, and if you follow that story, and you only follow that story, you will miss out on other content in those environments." That means everything from weapons, attachments, and other loot, to "frozen stories" that reveal more about the game world and its history.

Prokhorov said it was difficult to strike a good balance between an open-world game, which "completely lost the feeling of Metro," and a straight-ahead linear experience but on a larger scale. "I think we succeeded, and we like how we made both of them—Metro and Stalker—friendly [with] each other. But it's still Metro," he said. "Players ask us a lot, give us more freedom, give us more freedom—take it!"

https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus-is-bigger-than-2033-and-last-light-combined/

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://segmentnext.com/2018/02/22/metro-exodus-morality-system-may-influence-game-ending/#nnn

Like its previous games, Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light the upcoming game Metro Exodus too will have a Morality System. What is interesting is the fact that Metro Exodus Morality System may influence the ending of your game.

The creative director of the game Andriy Prokhorov gave a very cryptic statement that “You will get what you deserve” which surely implies that what we do in the game, the decisions we make, will be having an influence to the ending of the game.

The morality system holds players accountable for the choices they make in the game. If you did not come across it there is not much to worry about because there is no grand ceremony or any type of ping nor any notification that pops up, if you make a moral choice.

There is just a quick flash of light that hits the screen, it almost can get unnoticed whenever a player has made a choice.

This type of feature is what makes this game different from other games. Where other games are not able to make morality as influential as possible, here the developers have made a system that is really nicely designed to let you not even notice that your own moral choices are having an impact in the game and possibly the ending. So it all becomes very natural and smooth.

bati

This type of feature is what makes this game different from other games.

Well that's certainly true. In the first two Metro games it was hard to tell what is or what isn't a morality check, even when you were right in the middle of it. All you'd get is some cryptic sound effect that played when the opportunity was over. Most of these you'd get by simply talking to people, playing the guitar or other things that you'd never guess were in any way tied to any kind of morality.

So yeah, I hope that part is improved or made a little more obvious in Exodus.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.gamepur.com/news/28526-metro-exodus-multiplayer.html

"I don't think we can say [multiplayer] is something that isn't interesting from a technical standpoint," executive producer Jon Bloch said. "But our focus for Metro has always been a story-driven experience, y'know, filling the shoes of someone living in [Metro's] environment and going on this journey."

"Multiplayer is possible, yes," creative director Andriy Prokhorov added, sharing basically the same idea. "But to do it only for the sake of having multiplayer? We're not interested. If you do it, it should be something really unique. We have an idea but….we are not doing it right now."

According to Bloch, the studio also prototype a co-op mode, which would apparently be a good fit for the series' narrative ambition, but it looks like it was discarded at a certain point of the development process. "This is the sort of thing that is its own beast. You gotta spend just as much time working on it as you do the main game."

bati

Co-op would be a good idea, especially for an open world game. It would likely work for majority of both previous Metro games too since you spend a large chunk of both with an AI companion by your side.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Co-op would be a good idea, especially for an open world game. It would likely work for majority of both previous Metro games too since you spend a large chunk of both with an AI companion by your side.
No. It wouldn't. Keep multiplayer away from great single player.

I know that the final game will look amazing during gameplay but damn that looked horrible.

- leaves don't disappear like that
- water doesn't flow like that
- all bushes don't sway like that, especially inside
- ropes don't swing like that

Half-Life 2 had better physics than this.

What year is it?

Metro: exodus announcement is the third game will return players to the world of the game series based on the Metro Russian novels.

Kenpachii

I know that the final game will look amazing during gameplay but damn that looked horrible.

- leaves don't disappear like that
- water doesn't flow like that
- all bushes don't sway like that, especially inside
- ropes don't swing like that

Half-Life 2 had better physics than this.

What year is it?

Yea the game just looks bad for something that you would aspect from metro 2033 developers. I think they made a mistake with going the complete opposite of what it always was doing.

Hopefully it pays off for them. However i won't be getting it.

Top Bottom