• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Exodus announced (2018, big open levels, PC/XBO/PS4)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nice. Hope they improve hit feedback. Only played 2033 (PS4) but some of the enemies were irritatingly spongy. I think the aiming controls/sensitivity were a little funky too, but it's been a while.

belmonkey

I have the first two and I'm hyped from the trailer, but if it's a W10 store game, I lost all interest. I doubt it'd be exclusive to there tho.

netBuff

Kinda disappointing at open world to be honest, I'd rather keep my stalker and metro separate, but hyped nontheless cause ITS FUCKING METRO

I agree. Metro had a very similar vibe to Half-Life 2. Going for an open world is bound to ruin what made the series special.

wamberz1

I agree. Metro had a very similar vibe to Half-Life 2. Going for an open world is bound to ruin what made the series special.
Exactly. I can understand why people would want to combine the 2 (since stalker will probably never live again) but metro felt like one of the last true bastions of excellent linear shooter design.

Espada

Metro is back baby! I bought Redux on a whim a few years ago after not playing an FPS since Medal of Honor Frontline. They wound up becoming new favorites of mine, so I'm grinning like an idiot at this news.

Goddamn, it looks beautiful.

The change of direction makes me so excited. Happy to get a game set in russian wilderness. Rather unexplored setting in video games.

eXistor

Ugh, Metro Last Light was great; it was linear done right. Open-world kinda makes me not want to play this.

uocooper

Yes! Both Metro games are some of my favorite shooters of all time and were an absolute blast to play. I can't wait to get my hands on this. Fantastic news!

eXistor

Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.[/I]
Actually, this makes it sound more like Metroid Prime, System Shock or Prey. If it's open world, then it's a pass for me, but if it's got some design behind it I back to being interested.

Xe4

Banned
Fuck yeah, new Metro. Always down for this. Open world is exciting, but I hope they nail the execution.

I'm hoping for a Stalker 2 spiritual successor.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So excited for new Metro. The first thing I bought for my PS4 was the remaster set and I loved them. "Vast, non-linear levels" sounds great.

always a sucker for "In the house, in a heartbeat"

I think I'm one the few that preferred the original metro to last light. Open world metro? Hell yeah man sign me up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So when they say Windows 10, does that mean UWP instead of Steam/GoG/Origin/Whatever? If so that will be unfortunate.

It just means that the game will be available on the WinStore. Take Last Night, for instance: it was also advertised as "Coming to the store on Xbox One and Windows 10" but now has a Steam page.

kiriin

Looked cool. But was not real gameplay at all. Looked cg.

If you're talking about graphic wise that just how the game engine looks, it looks exactly the same if not slightly better than Metro Last Light. There was just a lot of scripted stuff in that trailer.

TitusTroy

has it been confirmed for PS4??...I'm hearing that it'll be an Xbox exclusive with a PC release probably later down the line (like Rise of the Tomb Raider)

StereoVsn

It just means that the game will be available on the WinStore. Take Last Night, for instance: it was also advertised as "Coming to the store on Xbox One and Windows 10" but now has a Steam page.
Well, that's good. These two games plus Ori are what I got out of Xbone conference so far (plus AssCreed but that's all platforms for certain).

Damn, that was awesome suprise for me! Probably so much things was script but still finally new Metro and open-world, wow! This is almost new Stalker!

Top Bottom