• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Exodus Dev Says PS5 Ray Tracing ‘Is Probably The Biggest Feature We’re Excited About’

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
PS5 Ray Tracing Has Metro Exodus Very Excited

Bloch revealed that the team is fully embracing the technology moving forward, and the fact PS5 is supporting the feature is a huge thing for the team.
We are fully committed to ray tracing moving forward, and to see that available on the PS5 is probably the biggest feature we’re excited about. The faster SSD will help a lot with player experience, but adding support for ray tracing is the sort of thing that to us shows a true generational leap in the hardware.

Elsewhere, he also touched base on the PS5 DualSense controller and what it may bring to the Metro franchise.
Probably the first that comes to mind for Metro would be getting that tactile feedback of pressure as you pump up a pneumatic rifle.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Come on Sony you dense and lazy cunts give us some details at this point 3rd party devs give us more than you stop being so stingy I swear you have this thing on lockdown but behave like a pussy I will not repeat myself if Kutaragi was still there we wouldn't have to deal with this shit Cerny pls.

Will the update be a free patch for established owners? Will it be a 60fps?
It's a current gen game. So i expect 4k/60fps with some limited ray tracing. Now there next Metro game clearly won't be able to do all that while also upping physics,animation, and other significant graphical capabilities that next gen consoles/PC will bring.

Romulus

Come on Sony you dense and lazy cunts give us some details at this point 3rd party devs give us more than you stop being so stingy I swear you have this thing on lockdown but behave like a pussy I will not repeat myself if Kutaragi was still there we wouldn't have to deal with this shit Cerny pls.

They're not lazy, they're scared of making mistakes, which is arguably worse this late in the game.

Mister Wolf

Raytraced emissive lighting that 4A added only for the DLCs. Completely changes the look of the game's indoor/underground areas:
TC_2_000.png
TC_1_000.png

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
PS5 Ray Tracing Has Metro Exodus Very Excited

Bloch revealed that the team is fully embracing the technology moving forward, and the fact PS5 is supporting the feature is a huge thing for the team.

Elsewhere, he also touched base on the PS5 DualSense controller and what it may bring to the Metro franchise.

paradise_cernynijt1.gif

Deto

Banned

TRJulLn.png

:lollipop_halo:

The guy sees the MS saying:

"developers say RT doesn't matter"
MS announcing fake number of RT to inflate the value and look better than it is.

Multiple GAMEPLAYs on PS5 with RT
developer speaking well of the PS5 RT.

What's the guy's option?

a) be quiet and think "everything indicates that the RT of the SX is not as good as the PS5"
b) double the bet on the dream

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
Exodus is the Stalker sequel I was waiting for - that game blew me away.... especially the first half... that first huge outdoor map

Exodus will be one of the first games I re-play when I get my 3080 TI. The 4K performance wasn’t quite there with the 2080 TI.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Can't wait to post this exact Cerny gif when XSX wins all the DF head to head analysis. :)

What exactly are you trying to win?

what about this, for the controller

Probably the first that comes to mind for Metro would be getting that tactile feedback of pressure as you pump up a pneumatic rifle

does that mean the controller on the xbox is a loss, using your own methodology?
Does that mean games that load in on xbox in 6 seconds instead of 1 are a loss too.
what about the new superior sound system from Sony, Does that make Microsoft one a loss?

How many metrics do you want?

why does that extra blade of grass at 200 yards make you so horny.

always some angle with you.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

??? It's a PSU article/interview with 4A games. I'd hope PS5 can do some kind of limited Ray Tracing on a current gen game. The more powerful console (XSX)should and will provide better Ray Tracing among other things like resolution and framerates.

Really not sure why you're posting Cerny here.
Dude you answered your own question, it's PSU interview about ps5... What did you want him to post? _ the Xbox lead engineer gif? Wtf
You're the one bringing XSX comparations to the thread and warring about it like something heart your fillings, when no one was talking about it.
Tell us where the 4A dude touched you...

It's not hope. Its math. 12.1tf (sustained performance) vs 10.2 (variable performance). Differences can be anywhere from 18%-25% depending on how hard the PS5 is being pushed.
What exactly are you trying to win?

what about this, for the controller

Probably the first that comes to mind for Metro would be getting that tactile feedback of pressure as you pump up a pneumatic rifle

does that mean the controller on the xbox is a loss, using your own methodology?

Does that mean games that load in on xbox in 6 seconds instead of 1 are a loss too.

what about the new superior sound system from Sony, Does that make Microsoft one a loss?

How many metrics do you want?

why does that extra blade of grass at 200 yards make you so horny.

always some angle with you.

You should be asking Bo what he's trying to win by putting a Cerny gif. Maybe the bar is quite low for PS5 doing ray tracing on a current gen game and he felt like it's a win?

Last edited:

Chairman

Banned
We are fully committed to ray tracing moving forward, and to see that available on the PS5 is probably the biggest feature we’re excited about. The faster SSD will help a lot with player experience, but adding support for ray tracing is the sort of thing that to us shows a true generational leap in the hardware.

Well thats sad. How about sound

Mister Wolf

Exodus is the Stalker sequel I was waiting for - that game blew me away.... especially the first half... that first huge outdoor map

Exodus will be one of the first games I re-play when I get my 3080 TI. The 4K performance wasn’t quite there with the 2080 TI.

I finished the last DLC last week. Really got my money's worth with that game. I think the next game should be set in America. I want to see what mutant creatures formed on my continent

What did you want him to post?

Probably this.

Bloch, executive producer at Metro Exodus studio 4A Games, has revealed that the studio is particularly excited to see ray tracing supported by Microsoft's upcoming Xbox Series X.

Xbox Series X Ray Tracing Has Metro Exodus Very Excited
Bloch revealed that the team is fully embracing the technology moving forward, and the fact Xbox Series X is supporting the feature is a huge thing for the team.

We are fully committed to ray tracing moving forward, and to see that available on the Xbox Series X is probably the biggest feature we’re excited about. The faster SSD will help a lot with player experience, but adding support for ray tracing is the sort of thing that to us shows a true generational leap in the hardware.

But like you said it's an interview that Playstation Universe made. The developers are probably not going to talk about Microsofts system in it. People shouldn't get worked up over this.

Last edited:
i think the technology is great but at this moment it isn't worth the hit to your frame rate, if ps5 can pull it off my hats off to them but i'm skeptical

That's my worry as well but I don't think the developers would out it in if it's going to tank the framerate.

Top Bottom