• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Exodus getting a Free Next-Gen Upgrade.

DonJorginho

Banned
We’re currently hard at work on bringing Metro Exodus to Xbox Series X | S and PlayStation 5 next year. While we can’t share all the details just yet, you should expect major enhancements including faster frame rate, increased resolution, reduced loading times, and stunning Ray Tracing features made possible by the new hardware. The new consoles are amazing, and will allow us to deliver visual enhancements and performance only possible on state of the art PC hardware and RTX enabled cards – until now.

We’re happy to confirm that these enhanced versions will also be made available as a free upgrade to all existing owners. That means if you already own Metro Exodus on Xbox One or PlayStation 4, whether digitally or on disc, you will be able to upgrade to this enhanced version on the next generation on consoles for free.

And if you’ve yet to pick up the game on Gen 8, you can do so safe in the knowledge you will get the enhanced version for free should you upgrade your console in the future.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I enjoyed the game for the most part but I think I got a bit tired of the controls as well as the on-rails type sequences.

Starfield

You missed the more important part:

The next Metro game will have multiplayer in some way or form due to being partnered with Saber Interactive

I hate that with all my heart.

Last edited:

Fbh

Nice.
I'm playing this right now, only like 5 hours in but so far it's enjoyable even if it lost a bit of the uniqueness by ditching the underground setting

You missed the more important part:

The next Metro game will have multiplayer in some way or form due to being partnered with Saber Interactive

I hate that with all my heart.
Well if it's just a multiplayer mode attached to a solid single player I don't mind.

But if they turn this into a GAAS that would definitely be disappointing.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Post apocalyptic Russia is sexy as hell and I'm very high on this series so this is good news.

xacto

We’re currently hard at work on bringing Metro Exodus to Xbox Series X | S and PlayStation 5 next year. While we can’t share all the details just yet, you should expect major enhancements including faster frame rate, increased resolution, reduced loading times, and stunning Ray Tracing features made possible by the new hardware. The new consoles are amazing, and will allow us to deliver visual enhancements and performance only possible on state of the art PC hardware and RTX enabled cards – until now.

We’re happy to confirm that these enhanced versions will also be made available as a free upgrade to all existing owners. That means if you already own Metro Exodus on Xbox One or PlayStation 4, whether digitally or on disc, you will be able to upgrade to this enhanced version on the next generation on consoles for free.

And if you’ve yet to pick up the game on Gen 8, you can do so safe in the knowledge you will get the enhanced version for free should you upgrade your console in the future.

Nice, I will replay it, it really wasn't that great on PS4.

Top Bottom