• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Exodus is the first PC game to utilise PS5’s DualSense features

Do you use the DualSense on PC?

• Total voters

Bo_Hazem

Banned

The DualSense support has just extended to the PC field, making it the best PC controller with more support:

- Adaptive triggers.
- Sound-based, easy to implement haptic feedback.
- Gyro aiming.
- RealTeck audio chip for high quality audio 3.5 jack, built-in mic, built-in speaker.
- Touchscreen.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
Damn that is not bad, I think I will try it out, now if only more games used that for the PS5 Duel Sense on PC. I hope Sony allows more devs to use the dual sense on PC.

Kuranghi

This is awesome, I hope Ryochan manages to implment this generally in DS4Windows for all games, probably impossible/a massively tall order though. Very excited though because I really like the trigger effects and how it adds tension (hohoho) to games like RE8.

One less exclusive feature on the PS5.

Yes, I'm sad about it too:

Shut up, please just shut up and who cares?

Look even Derktron is very emotional about the loss of an exclusive feature for PS5. He doesn't even want to talk about it because it just hurts too much.

I offer my emotional support to you Derktron Derktron .

hlm666

Curious about how this has been done. Like an api somewhere has to be in play right. Is this with steam input have valve created full support for the controller (last i heard they had support for everything but haptics)? Pretty sure it's not been added to directx. Have 4A just done their own thing and detecting it and using their own driver (and thus avoided a lack of api support) or something?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Curious about how this has been done. Like an api somewhere has to be in play right. Is this with steam input have valve created full support for the controller (last i heard they had support for everything but haptics)? Pretty sure it's not been added to directx. Have 4A just done their own thing and detecting it and using their own driver (and thus avoided a lack of api support) or something?
It's actually really smart design, it's exposes in windows fully. Basically you need to just run an audio feed through the controller and for triggers, well that's probably some bundled DLL inside the game files.

hlm666

It's actually really smart design, it's exposes in windows fully. Basically you need to just run an audio feed through the controller and for triggers, well that's probably some bundled DLL inside the game files.
Oh really, so it's just really pushing an audio stream to a different output?

Holammer

They should, it can make them some good money selling extra controllers for the PC gamers.
They already do I reckon. Here's a quote from a 2020 Gamasutra article.
"For PlayStation controllers specifically, Steam says that 21.6 percent of all controller sessions are folks using a DualShock (or, recently, a DualSense) controller, up from only 10.9 percent two years back."
Xbox controller experience is completely friction-less in comparison, yet the DualS line of controllers still does surprisingly well.

Cool for the DualSense working at full in PC. But who the fuck would play a FPS in PC with a controller instead of m&kb
Use the right tool for the right job. I'm playing Rising Hell for a bit now and playing that with a keyboard like some animal would be pants on head retarded.

Cool for the DualSense working at full in PC. But who the fuck would play a FPS in PC with a controller instead of m&kb

That's how I play borderlands. But I would never play a multiplayer game sign it unless it's something like FFIV.

Use the right tool for the right job. I'm playing Rising Hell for a bit now and playing that with a keyboard

I hate playing souls games with a M+K.

Last edited:
Metro is horseshit with a controller and I have no idea how anyone can play it with one. Lots of games are fine on controller by my god not this one.

Mister Wolf

R63f0ea1a829dd11752d122e9c808ad2e

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They should, it can make them some good money selling extra controllers for the PC gamers.

Yeah, I would use it over my Xbox One controllers if it offered the same seamless support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Why would anyone want gyro aiming on PC? If sticks aren't accurate enough you can use a mouse...

Never understood gyro aiming. Splatoon 2 was ok, but you only really used it for up and down.

Yeah, I would use it over my Xbox One controllers if it offered the same seamless support.
While I went with a series x controller due to comfort, I've had a worse experience with it on PC than the dualshock 4. You absolutely need the dongle for the xbox controller. Dualshock paired just fine and never dropped my connection without one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why would anyone want gyro aiming on PC? If sticks aren't accurate enough you can use a mouse...

Never understood gyro aiming. Splatoon 2 was ok, but you only really used it for up and down.

I like it was a way to "fine tune" your aim in combination with analog stick aiming.

Fredrik

Haha yeah, I’m not against using a controller on PC games when it makes sense, but I can’t see any scenario where I would do it in a first person shooter.

SLB1904

Banned
holly shit!
praise the lord. im glad my gamepass copy glitched. now i can finish on steam properly

Last edited:

Fredrik

Halo is better with a controller IMO.
Haven’t played Halo on PC. Why is it better with a controller? Wonky kb vehicle controls?

In general I think like this: If I have to aim quickly with precision in a first person game then I want a mouse because of the snappy and precise aiming. And if it’s a third person game and not a shooter I usually want a controller because of analog movements. But if it’s a third person action game with lots of action and special abilities and dodging that also require precise shooting I feel like nothing is perfect.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Haven’t played Halo on PC. Why is it better with a controller? Wonky kb vehicle controls?

In general I think like this: If I have to aim quickly with precision in a first person game then I want a mouse because of the snappy and precise aiming. And if it’s a third person game and not a shooter I usually want a controller because of analog movements. But if it’s a third person action game with lots of action and special abilities and dodging that also require precise shooting I feel like nothing is perfect.
Yep. Same reason I have to play Souls with a controller. I'm not a fan of a mouse with third person games.

Halo also allegedly has a ton of auto aim, but I don't feel it.

I tried to get this working, rumble seemed to be ok but the gyro was horrible and I couldn't find a way to turn it off. Also haptic triggers didn't seem to be working for me

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Oh really, so it's just really pushing an audio stream to a different output?

Yes, haptics are sound-based so it's easy to implement:

It has a RealTek audio chip inside as well.

While I went with a series x controller due to comfort, I've had a worse experience with it on PC than the dualshock 4. You absolutely need the dongle for the xbox controller. Dualshock paired just fine and never dropped my connection without one.

Gyro aiming works for some with combination with the analogs, also it can be implemented in flight-based games like Ace Combat.

It's also good if you already have a PS5 so you don't spend extra on another controller to play Singleplayer games (multiplats like RDR2 and AC games), at least.

Sygma

Since I didn't give a shot to the Enhanced edition, I just played it for 2 hours with the haptics (used DS4 windows in case since I got it on EGS). For reference I haven't played a single ps5 game with haptics on, so I can't really give an accurate feedback regarding how it compares to Cold War which supposedly is crazy in that department

Anyway ! I thought the resistance of the triggers would be a bit "sturdier" , but damn at the differences between the guns when it comes to the feedback itself. I like that it gives a really believable sensation, and the shotgun in the introduction of the game was such a cool way of being introduced to that shit. It kind of feels on point, AK was really cool to use with it on too. I'm very curious about the crossbow but its gonna be way down the line so wait and see. Working well, I like it. Doesn't go any further than that tho, there's no effects akin to the rain in returnal or stuff in astrobot

I think it's hands down the best controller ever released and the only real drawback is the battery life. But since I keep it plugged in all the time it doesn't even matter. I PC game with it, it's not like I'm sitting on a couch 12 feet away from my screen and computer. Thing is just so damn versatile, and feels amazing in hand. Can't wait to pickup my midnight black one next month.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I think it's hands down the best controller ever released and the only real drawback is the battery life. But since I keep it plugged in all the time it doesn't even matter. I PC game with it, it's not like I'm sitting on a couch 12 feet away from my screen and computer. Thing is just so damn versatile, and feels amazing in hand. Can't wait to pickup my midnight black one next month.

Interesting to see more insight into the DS and PC gaming. Also not sure why they didn't go for 2000-3000mAh instead of 1500mAh, which is still decent and lasts me around 10 hours on average.

Top Bottom