• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Exodus - PC Version System Requirements Revealed: EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEM!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Deep Silver and 4A Games today revealed the recommended PC specs for Metro Exodus. Thanks to the scalability of the 4A Engine, Metro Exodus will offer a great experience on entry-level hardware, but enthusiasts will be able to stretch the latest video cards to the limit at 4K / 60FPS with Extreme settings.

Metro Exodus will support ray-traced global illumination on the NVIDIA GeForce RTX series of graphics processing units (GPU). In the coming days, 4A will release GeForce RTX-specific performance profiles.

MINIMUM

CPU : INTEL CORE I5-4440 or equivalent
RAM : 8GB
GPU : GEFORCE GTX 670 | GEFORCE GTX 1050 | AMD RADEON HD 7870
VRAM : 2 GB
DIRECT X : 11 |12

RECOMMENDED

CPU : INTEL CORE I7-4770K or equivalent
RAM : 8GB
GPU : GEFORCE GTX 1070 | GEFORCE RTX 2060 | AMD RX VEGA 56
VRAM : 8 GB
DIRECT X : 12

HIGH

CPU : INTEL CORE I7-8700K or equivalent
RAM : 16GB
GPU : GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti | GEFORCE RTX 2070 | AMD RX VEGA 64
VRAM : 8 GB

EXTREME

CPU : INTEL CORE I9-9900K or equivalent
RAM : 16GB
GPU : GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
VRAM : 11 GB
metroexoduspcspecs-jan18.jpg

So yeah, I'm not updating to 1809 till they fix this POS.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I do wonder what settings will go under Extreme in options menu. Something tells me that it is without a doubt POS Nvidia Game Works and RTX stuff which for sure will be unoptimised. Also, DX12 is POS in most games and it is better to use DX11 like 99% of time.

It'll be interesting to see the final benchmark results at release and I'm ain't buying this game till then.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Ouch. My 980 feels inadequate. Otherwise I should manage high. But who wants to manage high when you could manage EXTREME?
The game is releasing on XB1 and PS4, i'm sure you will be fine. In fact you will probably be able to max the game out at 1080p with a 980. These system requirements are ALWAYS overblown.

the cpu requirements going up so high are odd. does it really make any difference going from a 8700k to a 9900k seeing as most games don't thread very well?

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
It's almost if they list high requirements so that NVIDIA, Intel, can sell more graphics cards and CPU's.

It looked great graphically on consoles.

Last edited:

Leetums

As always i take the requirements with a grain of salt. Odds are there are at least 1 or 2 settings that absolutely tank your fps but provide barely any visual quality improvement over the setting one step down. A 1070 will most likely be fine for 1440p with fairly high settings at a very playable framerate. Give or take a setting or two.

man any excuse for people to post just awful gifs of someone saying a word but you cant even tell what the fuck they are saying in the actual gif because the gif quality is so bad and they will post it like its going out of style

Top Bottom