• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Siege: new beat em up announced for the Amiga 500.

Pixelglass, in cooperation with BitBeamCannon and Enable Software, proudly presents 'Metro Siege': a brand new, 2 player co-op brawler in the works for Amiga 500 (512k chip+512 other ram)!

et5kgxX.jpg

GOltF4U.jpg

G7fBwog.jpg

Three big crime lords have made a pact and are planning to take control of Metro City bringing chaos and anarchy to the streets! Assume the role of pro martial artist Alex, ex-cop Kim and a third -secret- character, cleanse the streets from the crime syndicate's thugs and face the three bosses in an epic fight throughout the city!

'Metro Siege' is an ambitious new Amiga brawler that draws inspiration from the great arcade beat'em'ups of the late 80s and 90s (like 'Final Fight' and 'The Punisher') as well as console titles like 'Streets of rage'.

Technically the game pushes the OCS to it's very limits, with a ton of colours and moving parts on screen, foreground and background parallax, as well as large player and enemy sprites. Special care has been given also to gameplay with both players and enemies having an astonishing number of moves and animations, ranging from your usual punch and kick combos to dodging, blocking, and counter-attacking! In addition to those, each characters features their own unique fighting style with moves like grabbing, throwing, stunning and epic specials!
Finally regarding controls, the game is made with 2 buttons in mind while the team is considering more options.

'Metro Siege' is currently a work in progress project. The footage shown in the trailer is from a prototype build, showcasing scenes from the first level, two playable characters, part of their moveset and a few enemies. Various elements remain still largely unrefined or are just placeholder (f.e. some of the voice sfx) and thus are subject to change as the project develops.

Looks really great to me...

Last edited:
If there was one (reasonable) thing I could've changed about the Amiga line, it would be that Commodore made it use joysticks with 2 or 3 buttons. A single fire button was sometimes painful to play games with. Game could've then had a jump button, rather than using Up on the joystick :)

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Very cool, but it seems silly to use that much energy on a dead system?

If there was one (reasonable) thing I could've changed about the Amiga line, it would be that Commodore made it use joysticks with 2 or 3 buttons. A single fire button was sometimes painful to play games with. Game could've then had a jump button, rather than using Up on the joystick :)
The weird thing is, though, that the Amiga always supported two button joysticks..
It's just that most people kept their old joysticks from their C64 days, and never upgraded to anything different, and so game devs never implemented two button modes in their games as well.. It's a shame.

Metro Siege will support two button Joysticks and pads, though.

(btw, if you happen to own a master system gamepad, that works like a charm with Amigas... I own one)

Very cool, but it seems silly to use that much energy on a dead system?
You'd be amazed at how many great games come out for these "dead systems" these days...
If you are an Indie dev, it can happen that you sell like 10 copies of your game you worked a year on in the steam shop, because there is just too much competition around and you won't get noticed.
On those old systems, you will probably sell a couple of hundred copies anyway..

And the biggest hits sell even like a thousand copies upwards...
Google "Sams Journey C64"...

Last edited:
Love this. I have a barely used A1200 sitting in storage I need to play with someday.

If you are also into SHMUPs for the 1200, Reshoot-R which was released a couple of months ago is a new game for AGA Amigas like the 1200.

lWBZRFI.png

and in a couple of months, Inviyya will be released for the Amiga 500.

7mtHarW.png

8jeLkqe.png

Last edited:

Pejo

I love the cult-like following of Amiga users, this looks fantastic given the hardware. I love seeing stories like this. My old High School media lab had a full computer lab of Amigas in the basement to teach rendering classes. It used to take like 2-3 days to render a 30 second clip of 3D objects interacting with each other, but it was really fun for learning purposes.

yurinka

Looks and sounds great, can't wait to play it. Nice to see the Amiga community still doing great stuff. These Reshoot-R and Inviyya also look promising.

Vindicator

When you were used to it, it wasn't that bad, had this piece below, also there weren't that many games that supported 2 buttons.
QS128F.jpg

Used a Mega Drive Pad as well later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom