• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Dread Producer Teases Next Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In an interview with CNET, producer Yoshio Sakamoto was asked about just that. And while Sakomoto feels that Metroid Dread has brought part of Samus' story to a close, the producer sounds hopeful about where things might go from here. He also seems to hint that he might have a part to play in that future, as well.

"As long as the character Samus exists, I think her adventure will continue," Sakamoto told CNET. "I feel that Samus should continue her adventure, and that's something that we would really need to put our best effort into. Metroid Dread does conclude the five-story arc that has been going on for 35 years. However, I feel that it's not the ultimate end. There should be something that is able to continue the franchise and the universe. So yes, as long as your character Samus is loved, I would like to do what I have to do."

Kuranghi

I'd be more than happy if they just change the name to "Samus Aran", like the Tomb Raider spinoff "Lara Croft and the X" games so it doesn't have to have metroids anymore.

While not my favorite Metroid, it's definitely well put together. Hope Nintendo continues expanding the team to do bigger and better things.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
6-D2-C247-B-6-E60-4532-AB3-D-A1-B228-FCEE6-C.jpg

I was searching for a canon list of the Metroid timeline. I’ve played these games since I was a kid, but I never followed a flow chart at any point in time. It’s crazy how long of a stretch there is between Metroid 1 and 2. If you actually pay attention, the story is quite complex. I can easily see them continue it. I think the biggest thing is how they’ve combined the word Metroid with this series and they’ve ended the Metroid story arc. That would mean they would have to change the name or go all out on the sub title. Dread sorta showed us the possibility of continuing the franchise. I really enjoyed Dread and I’d like to see these games continue. If Zelda can have branching arcs and entries that don’t stand up next to each other very well then I can definitely see it coming back. It’s an iconic Nintendo franchise. I’d personally take more Samus than Donkey Kong.

Top Bottom